|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
(a) She is glad she'll still be near Caleb.
(b) She feels she may as well get her indentured time over.
(c) She is glad she patched things up with Makepeace.
(d) Tequamuck is not there trying to disrupt their journey.
2. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) Less emotionally.
(b) As a disinterested outsider.
3. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering herbs.
(b) She is lost in the woods.
(c) Searching for firewood.
(d) Gathering mushrooms.
4. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
(a) Visit the memorial.
(b) Help cut wood for the kiln.
(c) Help with the fort.
(d) Go to pray for their father at the church.
5. Why is Bethia at Master Corlett's school?
(a) She is serving as an accountant there.
(b) She is helping her brother move there.
(c) She is attending advanced studies there.
(d) She is a housekeeper there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
2. About what is Caleb troubled?
3. What is the name of Bethia's community?
4. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
5. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)