|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(b) Meet with the Merry family.
(c) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(d) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
2. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
(c) No one.
3. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
(a) Plead for the rights of the native population.
(b) Tell the story of her past.
(c) Watch over her younger sister.
(d) Avoid marriage.
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(b) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(c) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(d) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother wanted to die.
(b) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(c) Her mother did not fear death.
(d) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
2. About what is Caleb troubled?
3. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
4. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
5. Why is Bethia at Master Corlett's school?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)