|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Noah Merry?
(a) A merchant's son and possible husband for Bethia.
(b) The brother of Bethia's best friend.
(c) A young, white man who kills a Wampanoag in a dispute.
(d) Another White who thinks the Wampanoag are being mistreated.
2. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
(a) Reconsider marriage with him.
(b) Find her own heart.
(c) Give him three months to convince her to marry him.
(d) Go back to the island.
3. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
(a) Early hours.
(b) Arrogant students.
(c) Bed lice.
(d) Chapped hands.
4. Where is Solace found?
(a) Being attacked by some wild dogs.
(b) In the stables.
(c) Drowned in the new well.
(d) In a tree.
5. What does Bethia want to do?
(a) Marry Noah.
(b) Go back to the island and not marry.
(c) Marry Caleb.
(d) Both return to the island and have an intellectual life of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
2. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
3. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
4. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
5. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)