|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If his ordeal was God's will.
(b) Why he even speaks to her.
(c) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(d) If he would ever become a Christian.
2. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(b) Thank Mayfield.
(c) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(d) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
3. What does Samuel urge Bethia to do?
(a) Reconsider marriage with him.
(b) Find her own heart.
(c) Give him three months to convince her to marry him.
(d) Go back to the island.
4. What does Samuel bring to his first meeting with Bethia?
(a) Some sewing that needs completed.
(b) Flowers and a book.
(c) A piece of embroidery for Bethia to finish.
5. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
(a) If the sonquem would have recovered no matter what.
(b) If Makepeace is smart enough to learn the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) If perhaps Bethia will be able to see Caleb again.
(d) If her father would oppose a marriage to Caleb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bethia?
2. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
3. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
4. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
5. What does Makepeace believe about Solace?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)