|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
(d) Makepeace or her father.
2. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She has come to identify with them.
(b) She has not met one in person.
(c) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(d) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(b) Her current situation.
(c) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(d) Her baby sister's habits.
4. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
(a) Short sighted.
(b) Mean spirited.
(d) Long winded.
5. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) Bethia has already spent a great deal of time with Caleb.
(b) Makepeace could help the colony while in England.
(c) Makepeace is a man and should choose his bride.
(d) Makepeace is older now than her father was when her father started a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Wampanoag?
2. When did Bethia's mother die?
3. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
4. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
5. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)