|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Teaching them to read and write.
(b) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(c) Trying to protect their rights.
(d) Converting them to Christianity.
2. To whom is one of the students related?
(a) Anne Bradstreet.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Aphra Behn.
(d) John Smith.
3. What does Makepeace believe about Solace?
(a) Caleb bewitched the child to go drown.
(b) Solace was a bad child.
(c) Tequamuck is responsible for Solace's death.
(d) Solace was not destined to live long.
4. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
5. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
(a) To start preaching on Sundays.
(b) To buy out Bethia's indentureship.
(c) To run the Mayfield farm.
(d) To continue the work with the natives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
2. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
3. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
4. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
5. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)