|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(b) Find her father.
(c) Return a book she had borrowed.
(d) Harvest some beans.
2. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
(a) A kiln.
(b) A totem.
(c) A memorial to Mayfield.
(d) A fort.
3. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) With digust.
(b) As if the book is blasphemous.
(c) With fear.
4. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A fire keeper.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) Spiritual leader.
(d) A light keeper.
5. What does Bethia want to do?
(a) Both return to the island and have an intellectual life of books.
(b) Marry Noah.
(c) Go back to the island and not marry.
(d) Marry Caleb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia at Master Corlett's school?
2. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
3. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
4. Where is Solace found?
5. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)