|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(b) If he would ever become a Christian.
(c) Why he even speaks to her.
(d) If his ordeal was God's will.
2. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
(a) He designates Bethia as his principle heir.
(b) He leaves two important books to Bethia.
(c) He leaves Caleb money for college.
(d) He has left Caleb out of the will.
3. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) Less emotionally.
(b) As a disinterested outsider.
4. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Converting them to Christianity.
(b) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(c) Trying to protect their rights.
(d) Teaching them to read and write.
5. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
(a) Teach astronomy.
(b) Be a student.
(c) Teach law.
(d) Work as a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
2. Where is Bethia to sleep at Corlett's?
3. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
4. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
5. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)