|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Noah Merry?
(a) A merchant's son and possible husband for Bethia.
(b) Another White who thinks the Wampanoag are being mistreated.
(c) A young, white man who kills a Wampanoag in a dispute.
(d) The brother of Bethia's best friend.
2. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(b) She does not know why she is so tired.
(c) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(d) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
3. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
4. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
(c) Makepeace or her father.
(d) The housekeeper.
5. How does Bethia realize what Caleb is doing?
(a) She sees him go out with a blackened face.
(b) She sees him in the chapel for hours.
(c) She sees him arguing with Corlett.
(d) She sees him coming back late at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
3. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
4. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
5. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)