|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(b) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(c) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
(d) She does not know why she is so tired.
2. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(a) Tries to wake him.
(c) Sips out of the gourd.
(d) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
3. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) Makepeace or her father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He will never marry.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
5. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
(b) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(c) Thank Mayfield.
(d) Drink from the gourd a second time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
2. Why does Bethia feel responsible for her mother's death?
3. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
4. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
5. Where is Bethia to sleep at Corlett's?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)