|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(b) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(c) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(d) Meet with the Merry family.
2. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
(a) She believes Caleb is staring at her.
(b) She is uneasily drawn to Caleb.
(c) She notices Caleb staring at Solace.
(d) Makepeace is rude to Caleb.
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(b) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(c) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(d) The native of the area.
4. Who dies unexpectedly?
(a) The youngest, unmarried son of the governor.
(b) The wife of the governor.
(c) The governor.
(d) The married son of the governor.
5. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) Less emotionally.
(d) As a disinterested outsider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
2. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
3. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
4. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
5. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)