|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
(a) He should have a native Indian wife.
(b) He has moved beyond her.
(c) She thinks of him as more than a brother.
(d) He will never truly adopt the white man's ways.
2. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
(a) At a meeting of the parrish on Wednesday evening.
(b) At a meeting by the governing elders on Monday.
(c) The Sabbath.
(d) On Friday evening.
3. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
(a) To run the Mayfield farm.
(b) To buy out Bethia's indentureship.
(c) To continue the work with the natives.
(d) To start preaching on Sundays.
4. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
(b) Bethia's grandfather.
(c) No one.
5. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
(b) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(c) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(d) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Caleb when Noah comes around?
2. What does Caleb do for Solace?
3. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
4. What is the name of Bethia's community?
5. About what is Makepeace jealous?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)