|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Bright one.
(c) Lovely one.
2. Why is Bethia at Master Corlett's school?
(a) She is a housekeeper there.
(b) She is helping her brother move there.
(c) She is attending advanced studies there.
(d) She is serving as an accountant there.
3. Where is Master Corlett's school?
4. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) Less emotionally.
(d) As a disinterested outsider.
5. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(b) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(c) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(d) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
2. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
3. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
4. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
5. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)