|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Return a book she had borrowed.
(b) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(c) Find her father.
(d) Harvest some beans.
2. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the Merrys.
(b) Back to be with her mother.
(c) To the school house.
(d) Back to the tent where they were staying.
3. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(b) The housekeeper is ill.
(c) The housekeeper died.
(d) She likes to stay busy.
4. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
(a) He believes woman are equal to men.
(b) He loves another woman.
(c) He believes woman are inferior to men.
(d) He wants a wife with whom he could talk intellectually.
5. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
(a) Makepeace is ill.
(b) Solace is missing.
(c) There is a rattler in the kitchen.
(d) Caleb is standing behind her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
2. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
3. Who is Tequamuck?
4. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)