|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) To visit an ill cousin.
2. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
(a) If their father would want Makepeace to go to England.
(b) Whether their father would want Bethia to still marry John Smith.
(c) How changed Caleb really is.
(d) Whether their father would want Bethia to still marry Noah.
3. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
(b) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
(c) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
(d) To live with the Mayfield family.
4. What does Bethia want to do?
(a) Marry Noah.
(b) Marry Caleb.
(c) Both return to the island and have an intellectual life of books.
(d) Go back to the island and not marry.
5. Who is John Harvard?
(a) The classics professor.
(b) The man who endowed the library.
(c) The Latin and Greek professor.
(d) The mathematics professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. One is one adjective with which Bethia describes Samuel Corlett?
2. Who is nervous and frightened?
3. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
4. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
5. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)