|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
(b) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
(c) Most of the White men do not swim.
(d) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
2. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
(a) Her best friend.
(c) Her grandfather.
3. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Return a book she had borrowed.
(b) Harvest some beans.
(c) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(d) Find her father.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(c) Lovely one.
(d) Bright one.
5. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About marriage to Bethia.
(b) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(c) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(d) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
2. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
3. What does Makepeace threaten to tell their grandfather?
4. What does Bethia want to do?
5. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)