|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Lovely one.
(b) Wise one.
(c) Bright one.
2. What does Bethia discover about the well?
(a) It's collapsed.
(b) It's been contaminated.
(c) It's gone dry.
3. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Teaching them to read and write.
(b) Trying to protect their rights.
(c) Converting them to Christianity.
(d) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
4. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(b) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(c) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(d) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
5. What is a pawaaw?
(a) Spiritual leader.
(b) A fire keeper.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A light keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
2. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
3. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
4. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
5. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)