|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
(a) Which man stirs her blood.
(b) If she even wants to marry.
(c) Which man would love her as much as Caleb does.
(d) Which man would love children the most.
2. How does Bethia realize what Caleb is doing?
(a) She sees him arguing with Corlett.
(b) She sees him in the chapel for hours.
(c) She sees him coming back late at night.
(d) She sees him go out with a blackened face.
3. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(a) Makepeace and Joel.
(c) No one.
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(b) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(c) The native of the area.
(d) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
5. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Smash it in a ceremony.
(b) Pour water from it as an offering.
(c) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
2. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
3. When did Bethia's mother die?
4. What does Bethia urge Caleb to do about his anger concerning Anne?
5. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)