|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(b) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(c) The native of the area.
(d) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
2. Where is Solace found?
(a) Drowned in the new well.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Being attacked by some wild dogs.
(d) In the stables.
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(b) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(c) Her current situation.
(d) Her baby sister's habits.
4. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
(a) He will never truly adopt the white man's ways.
(b) She thinks of him as more than a brother.
(c) He should have a native Indian wife.
(d) He has moved beyond her.
5. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
(a) Bed lice.
(b) Arrogant students.
(c) Early hours.
(d) Chapped hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bethia to sleep at Corlett's?
2. Who is Noah Merry?
3. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)