|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) Three years earlier.
(b) When Bethia is born.
(d) When Caleb is born.
2. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) She likes to stay busy.
(b) The housekeeper is ill.
(c) The housekeeper died.
(d) Atonement for sins against her mother.
3. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) Makepeace wants to go back to England to college.
(b) Makepeace wants to start his family.
(c) About having Caleb in the house when Bethia is so young.
(d) Makepeace wants to marry someone his father does not want him to marry.
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(b) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(c) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(d) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To launder her outer things.
(c) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
3. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
5. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)