|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
(a) She has not been given a choice.
(b) She thinks Noah's sister is the wrong person for her brother.
(c) She knows the Wampanoag girl and thinks Noah will hurt her.
(d) She thinks her father is being premature.
2. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
(a) Go to pray for their father at the church.
(b) Visit the memorial.
(c) Help with the fort.
(d) Help cut wood for the kiln.
3. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
(a) She notices Caleb staring at Solace.
(b) She is uneasily drawn to Caleb.
(c) Makepeace is rude to Caleb.
(d) She believes Caleb is staring at her.
4. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
(a) If perhaps Bethia will be able to see Caleb again.
(b) If Makepeace is smart enough to learn the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) If her father would oppose a marriage to Caleb.
(d) If the sonquem would have recovered no matter what.
5. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
(b) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
(c) To live with the Mayfield family.
(d) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
2. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
3. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
5. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)