|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
(a) Giving an early morning greeting to the sun god.
(b) Taking lessons from the tribal shamen.
(d) Grooming his horse.
2. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
(b) To live with the Mayfield family.
(c) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
(d) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
3. What does Noah do the next morning?
(a) Ask Bethia if she likes Caleb.
(b) Break his leg in a fall off a horse.
(c) Show Bethia the farm.
(d) Go with Bethia to meet Caleb.
4. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
(a) Prepares some beans.
5. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(b) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(c) Having her life choices made for her.
(d) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Bethia has to endure?
2. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
3. Who is nervous and frightened?
4. What happens to Caleb when Noah comes around?
5. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)