|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for the preacher's boy.
(b) Love for her dog.
(c) Love of the island.
(d) Love for her brother.
2. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A fire keeper.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A light keeper.
(d) Spiritual leader.
3. What does Makepeace threaten to tell their grandfather?
(a) Caleb lusts for Bethia.
(b) Behia is more native than Caleb is.
(c) Of Bethia's behavior.
(d) Caleb has cursed their family.
4. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(b) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) Not in her present world.
(d) She does not say.
5. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) The housekeeper died.
(b) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(c) The housekeeper is ill.
(d) She likes to stay busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
3. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
4. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
5. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)