|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(b) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(c) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(d) Because of Caleb's arrival.
2. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
(a) Watch over her younger sister.
(b) Tell the story of her past.
(c) Plead for the rights of the native population.
(d) Avoid marriage.
3. What does Bethia believe she feels for Caleb?
(a) Like a student.
(b) Like a brother.
(c) Like a mentor.
(d) Like a wife.
4. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
(a) More and more like a white man.
(b) As a good friend.
(c) As being deceived.
(d) As a stranger.
5. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her dog.
(b) Love for the preacher's boy.
(c) Love for her brother.
(d) Love of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
2. What is the name of Bethia's community?
3. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
4. Who is Iacoomis?
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)