|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) About having Caleb in the house when Bethia is so young.
(b) Makepeace wants to marry someone his father does not want him to marry.
(c) Makepeace wants to start his family.
(d) Makepeace wants to go back to England to college.
2. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
(a) To start preaching on Sundays.
(b) To continue the work with the natives.
(c) To run the Mayfield farm.
(d) To buy out Bethia's indentureship.
3. How is the journey to Cambridge?
(a) Long and arduous.
(b) Brief and easy.
(c) Brief but difficult.
(d) Long but easy.
4. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) The preacher's wife.
(b) An elderly neighbor.
(c) No one.
(d) The family who owns the bakery.
5. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Talking in church.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
2. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
3. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
4. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
5. To whom is one of the students related?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)