|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(b) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(c) Meet with the Merry family.
(d) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(b) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(c) She can never learn too much.
(d) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
3. What do the visitors ask?
(a) For help in curing a visiting elder.
(b) Some food.
(c) To see Bethia's father.
(d) To take Bethia back home.
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(b) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(c) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(d) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
5. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(b) Two young Wampanoag.
(d) A young man from the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
2. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
3. What does Bethia believe she feels for Caleb?
4. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
5. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)