|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
(a) To have an exchange of ideas.
(b) In gratitude for the help in treating the smallpox.
(c) To learn more about farming.
(d) To learn about European history.
2. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
(a) He leaves two important books to Bethia.
(b) He has left Caleb out of the will.
(c) He leaves Caleb money for college.
(d) He designates Bethia as his principle heir.
3. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A fire keeper.
(b) Spiritual leader.
(c) A light keeper.
(d) A storyteller.
4. How does Bethia describe the proprietor of the school?
(a) Mean spirited.
(b) Long winded.
(c) Short sighted.
5. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) Caleb's uncle.
(c) Caleb's father.
(d) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
2. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
3. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
4. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
5. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)