|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(b) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(c) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(d) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
2. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(b) Caleb's grandfather.
(c) Caleb's father.
(d) Caleb's uncle.
3. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
(a) They move away from the whites.
(b) They are stricken with smallpox.
(c) They are stricken with malaria.
(d) They all convert.
4. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
(b) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(c) Thank Mayfield.
(d) Drink from the gourd a second time.
5. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(b) Back to the Merrys.
(c) To the school house.
(d) Back to be with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
2. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
3. For whom does Bethia watch as the boat sets out for Cambridge?
4. What does Caleb do for Solace?
5. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)