|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To launder her outer things.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To help strip the whale carcass.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
2. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
(c) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
(d) The weather is beautiful.
3. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Sweet one.
(b) Storm eyes.
(c) Pale One.
(d) Bright eyes.
4. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(b) With fear.
(c) With digust.
(d) As if the book is blasphemous.
5. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
(a) At age 12.
(b) At birth.
(c) At age 10.
(d) At age 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
2. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
3. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)