|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The mayor's family.
(b) Her father.
(c) The school teacher's famly.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
(b) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
(c) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(d) A fight with her father.
3. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
(a) She feels superior to him.
(b) She feels Caleb should go back to his tribe.
(c) She lusts for him.
(d) She feels Caleb is better than Makepeace.
4. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Her baby sister's habits.
(b) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(c) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(d) Her current situation.
5. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
(a) Solace is missing.
(b) There is a rattler in the kitchen.
(c) Caleb is standing behind her.
(d) Makepeace is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
2. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
3. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
5. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)