|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To visit an ill cousin.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
(b) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
(c) Drinking out of the gourd.
(d) Disobeying her father.
3. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
(a) He will want to marry Bethia.
(b) He will help convert the rest of his people.
(c) He can get in to a university.
(d) He has no plans or hopes for Caleb.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(b) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(c) She believes her cousin will get well.
(d) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
5. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(b) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(c) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
2. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
3. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
4. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)