|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
(a) No one.
2. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not know why she is so tired.
(b) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(c) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
(d) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
3. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb's father.
(d) Caleb's uncle.
4. Why does Bethia feel responsible for her mother's death?
(a) Because she argued with her mother not long before she died.
(b) For having drunk out of the gourd.
(c) Because her brother suggets that Bethia did something wrong.
(d) For not praying for her mother enough.
5. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(b) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(c) Thank Mayfield.
(d) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
3. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
4. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
5. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)