|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
(a) He does not think he wants to learn about the Christian God.
(b) He is sorry her mother died.
(c) He has missed being with her.
(d) He is to be the next tribal shaman.
2. What does Noah do the next morning?
(a) Ask Bethia if she likes Caleb.
(b) Go with Bethia to meet Caleb.
(c) Show Bethia the farm.
(d) Break his leg in a fall off a horse.
3. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
(a) She knows the Wampanoag girl and thinks Noah will hurt her.
(b) She has not been given a choice.
(c) She thinks her father is being premature.
(d) She thinks Noah's sister is the wrong person for her brother.
4. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Disobeying her father.
(b) Drinking out of the gourd.
(c) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
(d) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
5. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
2. What is the name of Bethia's community?
3. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
4. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
5. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)