|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Enlightened one.
(c) Strange one.
(d) Hateful one.
2. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb's father.
(d) Caleb's uncle.
3. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(b) Having her life choices made for her.
(c) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(d) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(b) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(c) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(d) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
5. What does Noah do the next morning?
(a) Show Bethia the farm.
(b) Go with Bethia to meet Caleb.
(c) Ask Bethia if she likes Caleb.
(d) Break his leg in a fall off a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
2. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
3. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
5. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)