|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) No one.
(b) The preacher's wife.
(c) An elderly neighbor.
(d) The family who owns the bakery.
2. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
(b) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
(c) To live with the Mayfield family.
(d) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
3. What is the name of Bethia's community?
(a) Great Harbor.
(b) King's Bay.
(c) Nantucket Harbor.
(d) Grand Harbor.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(b) Bright one.
(c) Wise one.
(d) Lovely one.
5. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Noah should escort her home.
(b) Makepeace should go with their father.
(c) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb should stay for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
2. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
3. Who is Tequamuck?
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
5. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)