|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Lovely one.
(d) Bright one.
3. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(b) Meet with the Merry family.
(c) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(d) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
4. What is the name of Bethia's community?
(a) Nantucket Harbor.
(b) Great Harbor.
(c) Grand Harbor.
(d) King's Bay.
5. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(b) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(c) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(d) Having her life choices made for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
2. What does Caleb call Bethia in private?
3. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
5. Who is Tequamuck?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)