|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
(a) In gratitude for the help in treating the smallpox.
(b) To learn more about farming.
(c) To have an exchange of ideas.
(d) To learn about European history.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Talking in church.
(d) Talking to a male outside the family.
3. What is Takemmy?
(a) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(b) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(c) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(d) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Bright eyes.
(b) Sweet one.
(c) Pale One.
(d) Storm eyes.
5. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) When Bethia is born.
(b) Three years earlier.
(d) When Caleb is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
2. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
3. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
4. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
5. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)