|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
(b) Most of the White men do not swim.
(c) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
(d) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
2. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
(a) She believes Caleb is staring at her.
(b) She notices Caleb staring at Solace.
(c) Makepeace is rude to Caleb.
(d) She is uneasily drawn to Caleb.
3. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Makepeace should go with their father.
(b) Noah should escort her home.
(c) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb should stay for lunch.
4. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
(a) If her father would oppose a marriage to Caleb.
(b) If Makepeace is smart enough to learn the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) If perhaps Bethia will be able to see Caleb again.
(d) If the sonquem would have recovered no matter what.
5. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(c) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
2. What is a pawaaw?
3. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
4. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)