|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia at Master Corlett's school?
(a) She is a housekeeper there.
(b) She is serving as an accountant there.
(c) She is attending advanced studies there.
(d) She is helping her brother move there.
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering herbs.
(b) Searching for firewood.
(c) She is lost in the woods.
(d) Gathering mushrooms.
3. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(b) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(c) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(d) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
4. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
(a) The housekeeper is ill.
(b) Atonement for sins against her mother.
(c) The housekeeper died.
(d) She likes to stay busy.
5. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As a theft by the whites.
(b) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
2. Who is Noah Merry?
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
4. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
5. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)