|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
(a) On Friday evening.
(b) At a meeting of the parrish on Wednesday evening.
(c) At a meeting by the governing elders on Monday.
(d) The Sabbath.
2. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(b) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(c) There has never been a beached whale before.
(d) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
3. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Talking in church.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
4. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
(a) He can get in to a university.
(b) He will want to marry Bethia.
(c) He has no plans or hopes for Caleb.
(d) He will help convert the rest of his people.
5. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
(b) Pastor Mayfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
2. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
3. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia in private?
5. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)