|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(b) Back to be with her mother.
(c) To the school house.
(d) Back to the Merrys.
2. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
(a) She thinks her father is being premature.
(b) She has not been given a choice.
(c) She knows the Wampanoag girl and thinks Noah will hurt her.
(d) She thinks Noah's sister is the wrong person for her brother.
3. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
(b) Giving an early morning greeting to the sun god.
(c) Grooming his horse.
(d) Taking lessons from the tribal shamen.
4. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her sister.
(b) No one.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
5. Why is there tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) About having Caleb in the house when Bethia is so young.
(b) Makepeace wants to go back to England to college.
(c) Makepeace wants to marry someone his father does not want him to marry.
(d) Makepeace wants to start his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
2. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
5. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)