|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(d) Relief that the whale gets away.
2. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She has not met one in person.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(d) She has come to identify with them.
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(b) Her current situation.
(c) Her baby sister's habits.
(d) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
4. What do the visitors ask?
(a) For help in curing a visiting elder.
(b) To take Bethia back home.
(c) Some food.
(d) To see Bethia's father.
5. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(b) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(c) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(d) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
2. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
3. Who is Caleb?
4. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
5. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)