|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Drinking out of the gourd.
(b) Disobeying her father.
(c) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
(d) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) Their gods live everywhere.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She believes her cousin will get well.
(b) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
4. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
(a) To live with the Mayfield family.
(b) To allow Caleb to determine his own living situation.
(c) To live in one of the vacated homes in the White community.
(d) To travel back and forth between his village and the White community.
5. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(b) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
(c) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(d) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
3. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
4. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
5. Where is Master Corlett's school?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)