|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(b) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(c) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(d) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
2. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
(d) Camping grounds.
3. What has the sonquem asked of Mayfield?
(a) For Caleb to marry Bethia.
(b) For some of his medicine.
(c) Instruction in becoming a Christian.
(d) For Makepeace to learn the ways of the Wampanoag.
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(b) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(c) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(d) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
5. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
(a) So she can remain independent.
(b) Her younger sister is a little bit of an hysteric.
(c) She thinks the rights of the Native population are being denied.
(d) In order to understand herself better.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
2. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
3. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
4. What does Noah do the next morning?
5. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)