|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Not in her present world.
(b) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) She does not say.
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(b) As Elder Mother.
(c) As Grandmother.
(d) In the Wampanoag language.
3. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(b) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(c) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
(d) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
4. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to be with her mother.
(b) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(c) Back to the Merrys.
(d) To the school house.
5. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She can never learn too much.
(b) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(c) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(d) It's not good for a pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia uneasy when she is serving the noon meal?
2. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
3. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)