|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not know why she is so tired.
(b) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(c) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
(d) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
2. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(d) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
3. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
(a) Tell the story of her past.
(b) Avoid marriage.
(c) Watch over her younger sister.
(d) Plead for the rights of the native population.
4. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
(a) He does not think he wants to learn about the Christian God.
(b) He is sorry her mother died.
(c) He has missed being with her.
(d) He is to be the next tribal shaman.
5. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) Why he even speaks to her.
(b) If he would ever become a Christian.
(c) If his ordeal was God's will.
(d) If her father would ever let her marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
2. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
3. What does Bethia's father wonder?
4. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
5. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)