|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) There has never been a beached whale before.
(b) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(c) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(d) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking to a male outside the family.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Talking in church.
3. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(b) Meet with the Merry family.
(c) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(d) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
4. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not know why she is so tired.
(b) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
(c) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(d) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
5. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(a) No one.
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
2. What is Takemmy?
3. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
4. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
5. What does Caleb call Bethia?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)