|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(b) Why he even speaks to her.
(c) If he would ever become a Christian.
(d) If his ordeal was God's will.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking to a male outside the family.
(b) Talking in church.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
(a) She learned it in school.
(b) Caleb taught her.
(c) She asked a young Wampanoag girl to teach her.
(d) She learned it from Iacoomis.
4. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(b) She does not say.
(c) Not in her present world.
5. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) Relief that the whale gets away.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(d) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
2. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
3. What love does Bethia describe?
4. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
5. Who is Tequamuck?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)