|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
(b) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
(c) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
(d) Most of the White men do not swim.
2. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(b) Back to be with her mother.
(c) Back to the Merrys.
(d) To the school house.
3. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Her baby sister's habits.
(b) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(c) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(d) Her current situation.
4. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(b) Having her life choices made for her.
(c) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(d) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
5. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb's uncle.
(d) Caleb's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the visitors ask?
2. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
4. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
5. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)