|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia say she will continue to do what she has been doing?
(a) Her younger sister is a little bit of an hysteric.
(b) She thinks the rights of the Native population are being denied.
(c) So she can remain independent.
(d) In order to understand herself better.
2. Who is Caleb?
(a) The preacher.
(b) A native American young man.
(c) The Mayfield groom.
(d) Bethia's oldest brother.
3. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She has not met one in person.
(d) She has come to identify with them.
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(b) As Grandmother.
(c) As Elder Mother.
(d) In the Wampanoag language.
5. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
3. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
4. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
5. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)