|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Noah should escort her home.
(b) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb should stay for lunch.
(d) Makepeace should go with their father.
2. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Thank Mayfield.
(b) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(c) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(d) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
3. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(b) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(c) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(d) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(b) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(c) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(d) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
5. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
(a) Taking lessons from the tribal shamen.
(c) Giving an early morning greeting to the sun god.
(d) Grooming his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
2. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
3. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
5. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)