|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) With digust.
(b) With fear.
(c) As if the book is blasphemous.
2. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) A light keeper.
(c) A fire keeper.
(d) Spiritual leader.
3. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's grandfather.
(b) Caleb's father.
(c) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb's uncle.
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The native of the area.
(b) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(c) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(d) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
5. Who is Caleb?
(a) The Mayfield groom.
(b) A native American young man.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Bethia's oldest brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
3. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
4. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
5. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)