|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(b) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(c) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(d) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Teaching them to read and write.
(b) Trying to protect their rights.
(c) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(d) Converting them to Christianity.
3. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) The family who owns the bakery.
(b) The preacher's wife.
(c) No one.
(d) An elderly neighbor.
4. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(b) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(c) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(d) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
5. What do the visitors ask?
(a) For help in curing a visiting elder.
(b) Some food.
(c) To see Bethia's father.
(d) To take Bethia back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
2. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
3. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
4. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
5. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)