|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) An elderly neighbor.
(b) The family who owns the bakery.
(c) The preacher's wife.
(d) No one.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
(d) Talking in church.
3. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A light keeper.
(b) Spiritual leader.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A fire keeper.
4. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(c) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(d) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
5. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Pour water from it as an offering.
(c) Smash it in a ceremony.
(d) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the visitors ask?
2. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
3. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
5. Who is Iacoomis?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)