|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(b) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
(c) Sips out of the gourd.
(d) Tries to wake him.
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Disobeying her father.
(b) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
(c) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
(d) Drinking out of the gourd.
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To launder her outer things.
(c) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Lovely one.
(b) Bright one.
(d) Wise one.
5. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) Three years earlier.
(b) When Bethia is born.
(d) When Caleb is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
2. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
3. Who is Caleb?
4. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
5. What do the visitors ask?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)