|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
(a) No one.
(b) Bethia's brother.
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(b) To help strip the whale carcass.
(c) To launder her outer things.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
3. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(b) Having her life choices made for her.
(c) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(d) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(b) Wise one.
(c) Bright one.
(d) Lovely one.
5. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(c) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(d) There has never been a beached whale before.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
3. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
4. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
5. What love does Bethia describe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)