|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(b) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She believes her cousin will get well.
2. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) No one.
3. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to protect their rights.
(b) Converting them to Christianity.
(c) Teaching them to read and write.
(d) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
4. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(b) She can never learn too much.
(c) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(d) It's not good for a pretty girl.
5. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To visit an ill cousin.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
3. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
4. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)