|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her dog.
(b) Love of the island.
(c) Love for her brother.
(d) Love for the preacher's boy.
2. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Noah should escort her home.
(b) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(c) Makepeace should go with their father.
(d) Caleb should stay for lunch.
3. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
(c) Camping grounds.
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(b) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(c) There has never been a beached whale before.
(d) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) Their gods live everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Wampanoag?
2. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
3. Who is Iacoomis?
4. What is Takemmy?
5. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)