|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her brother.
(b) Love for the preacher's boy.
(c) Love of the island.
(d) Love for her dog.
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering mushrooms.
(b) Gathering herbs.
(c) Searching for firewood.
(d) She is lost in the woods.
3. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(d) No one.
4. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The mayor's family.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The school teacher's famly.
5. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(b) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(c) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(d) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Wampanoag?
2. Who is Noah Merry?
3. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
4. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)