|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) As Grandmother.
(b) As Elder Mother.
(c) In the Wampanoag language.
(d) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Bright one.
(c) Lovely one.
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To launder her outer things.
(d) To help strip the whale carcass.
4. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(b) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(c) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(d) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) Their gods live everywhere.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
3. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
4. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
5. What do the visitors ask?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)