|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(b) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(c) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(d) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
2. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(b) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(c) She has come to identify with them.
(d) She has not met one in person.
3. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(c) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(d) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(b) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(c) Meet with the Merry family.
(d) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
5. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) The founding family.
(b) The women in the colony.
(c) Her family.
(d) The Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
3. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
4. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)