|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) Their gods live everywhere.
(b) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) He will never marry.
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Lovely one.
(b) Bright one.
(d) Wise one.
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
(b) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
(c) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(d) A fight with her father.
4. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) Why he even speaks to her.
(b) If he would ever become a Christian.
(c) If his ordeal was God's will.
(d) If her father would ever let her marry him.
5. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(c) Two young Wampanoag.
(d) A young man from the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Iacoomis?
2. What love does Bethia describe?
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
4. Who is Noah Merry?
5. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)