|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) As if the book is blasphemous.
(b) With fear.
(c) With digust.
2. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(b) Severe anxiety.
(c) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
(d) A feeling of euphoria.
3. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her dog.
(b) Love for her brother.
(c) Love for the preacher's boy.
(d) Love of the island.
4. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Makepeace should go with their father.
(b) Caleb should stay for lunch.
(c) Noah should escort her home.
(d) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
5. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Lovely one.
(c) Wise one.
(d) Bright one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Noah Merry?
2. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
3. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
5. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)