|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(d) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
2. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(b) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(c) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
3. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(b) If he would ever become a Christian.
(c) Why he even speaks to her.
(d) If his ordeal was God's will.
4. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother did not fear death.
(b) Her mother wanted to die.
(c) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(d) Her mother will not go to heaven.
5. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
(a) At age 15.
(b) At birth.
(c) At age 12.
(d) At age 10.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tequamuck?
2. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
3. What do the visitors ask?
4. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
5. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)