|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(b) Having her life choices made for her.
(c) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
(d) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
3. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Smash it in a ceremony.
(b) Pour water from it as an offering.
(d) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(d) He will never marry.
5. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) The family who owns the bakery.
(b) No one.
(c) An elderly neighbor.
(d) The preacher's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
2. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
3. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)