|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) No one.
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(c) To launder her outer things.
(d) To dance with the Wampanoag.
3. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A light keeper.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A fire keeper.
(d) Spiritual leader.
4. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) The family who owns the bakery.
(b) An elderly neighbor.
(c) No one.
(d) The preacher's wife.
5. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(b) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(c) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
2. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
3. What do the visitors ask?
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)