|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(b) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(c) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(d) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
2. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The school teacher's famly.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) The mayor's family.
(d) Her father.
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(c) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(d) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
4. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(b) Not in her present world.
(c) She does not say.
(d) Only if her father learns of her sin.
5. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(b) Teaching them to read and write.
(c) Converting them to Christianity.
(d) Trying to protect their rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
2. What does Caleb call Bethia?
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
4. What love does Bethia describe?
5. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)