|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(b) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) She believes her cousin will get well.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
2. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(a) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
(b) Sips out of the gourd.
(c) Tries to wake him.
3. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(c) Pour water from it as an offering.
(d) Smash it in a ceremony.
4. Who is Caleb?
(a) A native American young man.
(b) The Mayfield groom.
(c) The preacher.
(d) Bethia's oldest brother.
5. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Bright eyes.
(b) Sweet one.
(c) Pale One.
(d) Storm eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
3. When did Bethia's mother die?
4. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
5. What do the visitors ask?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)