|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(b) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(c) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(d) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
2. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The school teacher's famly.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) The mayor's family.
3. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(c) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(d) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
4. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's father.
(b) Caleb's uncle.
(c) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb's grandfather.
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(b) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(c) He will never marry.
(d) Their gods live everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Takemmy?
2. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
3. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
4. Who is Bethia?
5. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)