|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(b) She has not met one in person.
(c) She has come to identify with them.
(d) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To launder her outer things.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(b) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(c) The native of the area.
(d) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
4. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(b) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(c) Having her life choices made for her.
(d) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
5. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The school teacher's famly.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The mayor's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
2. Who is Iacoomis?
3. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)