|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(b) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(c) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(d) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
2. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The precher.
(d) Bethia's mother.
3. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(b) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(c) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(d) Whe Bethia has her menses.
4. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(b) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(c) Her mother wanted to die.
(d) Her mother did not fear death.
5. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To visit an ill cousin.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(d) To the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
3. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)