|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(b) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(c) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(d) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
2. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother wanted to die.
(b) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(c) Her mother did not fear death.
(d) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
3. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Searching for firewood.
(b) She is lost in the woods.
(c) Gathering herbs.
(d) Gathering mushrooms.
4. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(b) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(c) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(d) She can never learn too much.
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
2. What is a pawaaw?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
5. When did Bethia's mother die?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)