|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) There has never been a beached whale before.
(b) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(c) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(d) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Teaching them to read and write.
(b) Converting them to Christianity.
(c) Trying to protect their rights.
(d) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
3. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) Their gods live everywhere.
(b) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(c) He will never marry.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(b) The native of the area.
(c) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(d) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
5. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(b) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(c) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(d) Whe Bethia has her menses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
2. Who is Bethia?
3. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
5. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)