|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
(b) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(c) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(d) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(b) She can never learn too much.
(c) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(d) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
3. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(c) He will never marry.
(d) Their gods live everywhere.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) She believes her cousin will get well.
(c) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(d) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
5. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Pale One.
(b) Storm eyes.
(c) Bright eyes.
(d) Sweet one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
2. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
3. When did Bethia's mother die?
4. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
5. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)