|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) With digust.
(c) As if the book is blasphemous.
(d) With fear.
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) He will never marry.
(c) Their gods live everywhere.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(b) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She believes her cousin will get well.
4. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) Her father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
5. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering mushrooms.
(b) She is lost in the woods.
(c) Gathering herbs.
(d) Searching for firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
3. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)