|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) Relief that the whale gets away.
(c) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(d) As a theft by the whites.
2. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for the preacher's boy.
(b) Love of the island.
(c) Love for her brother.
(d) Love for her dog.
3. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) Bethia's mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The precher.
4. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(b) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(c) She has come to identify with them.
(d) She has not met one in person.
5. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(b) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(c) She can never learn too much.
(d) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
3. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
4. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
5. What does Bethia's name mean?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)