|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bethia?
(a) A minor character.
(b) The author.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The Mayfield family servant.
2. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The mayor's family.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The school teacher's famly.
3. Who is Caleb?
(a) A native American young man.
(b) Bethia's oldest brother.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The Mayfield groom.
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(d) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
5. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) Bethia's mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The precher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
4. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
5. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)