|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) When Bethia is born.
(b) Three years earlier.
(d) When Caleb is born.
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(b) To help strip the whale carcass.
(c) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(d) To launder her outer things.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(c) She believes her cousin will get well.
(d) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
4. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to protect their rights.
(b) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(c) Converting them to Christianity.
(d) Teaching them to read and write.
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) No one.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pawaaw?
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
3. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
4. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
5. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)