|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To the mainland.
(b) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(c) To visit an ill cousin.
(d) To the trading post.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) Relief that the whale gets away.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(d) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
3. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother did not fear death.
(b) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(c) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(d) Her mother wanted to die.
4. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To launder her outer things.
(b) To help strip the whale carcass.
(c) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(d) To dance with the Wampanoag.
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(b) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
(c) A fight with her father.
(d) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
2. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
3. Who is Tequamuck?
4. Who is Caleb?
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)