|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(d) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
2. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) With fear.
(c) With digust.
(d) As if the book is blasphemous.
3. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To the trading post.
(b) To visit an ill cousin.
(c) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(d) To the mainland.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Bright one.
(b) Lovely one.
(c) Wise one.
5. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's uncle.
(b) Caleb's father.
(c) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
5. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)