|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for the preacher's boy.
(b) Love for her brother.
(c) Love for her dog.
(d) Love of the island.
2. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) No one.
(b) The preacher's wife.
(c) The family who owns the bakery.
(d) An elderly neighbor.
3. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The mayor's family.
(b) The school teacher's famly.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandfather.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She believes her cousin will get well.
(b) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
5. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) To visit an ill cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
3. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
4. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
5. Who are the Wampanoag?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)