|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) The mayor's family.
(c) The school teacher's famly.
(d) Her father.
2. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(b) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(c) The native of the area.
(d) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
3. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Storm eyes.
(b) Sweet one.
(c) Pale One.
(d) Bright eyes.
4. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(b) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(c) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
(d) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
(b) A fight with her father.
(c) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(d) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
2. What is a pawaaw?
3. What love does Bethia describe?
4. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)