|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Pale One.
(b) Storm eyes.
(c) Bright eyes.
(d) Sweet one.
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She can never learn too much.
(b) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(c) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(d) It's not good for a pretty girl.
3. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She has come to identify with them.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She has not met one in person.
(d) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
4. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(d) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
5. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) Spiritual leader.
(c) A fire keeper.
(d) A light keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
2. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
3. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
4. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
5. What does Bethia's name mean?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)