|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Pale One.
(b) Storm eyes.
(c) Sweet one.
(d) Bright eyes.
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) She is lost in the woods.
(b) Searching for firewood.
(c) Gathering herbs.
(d) Gathering mushrooms.
3. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(b) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(c) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(d) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
4. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) Spiritual leader.
(c) A fire keeper.
(d) A light keeper.
5. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) The Wampanoag.
(b) The women in the colony.
(c) Her family.
(d) The founding family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
2. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
3. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
4. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
5. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)