|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her dog.
(b) Love of the island.
(c) Love for her brother.
(d) Love for the preacher's boy.
2. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(b) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(c) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(d) There has never been a beached whale before.
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(b) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
(c) A fight with her father.
(d) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(b) Wise one.
(c) Lovely one.
(d) Bright one.
5. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She can never learn too much.
(b) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(c) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(d) It's not good for a pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
2. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
3. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
4. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
5. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)