|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to protect their rights.
(b) Teaching them to read and write.
(c) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(d) Converting them to Christianity.
2. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking in church.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) The school teacher's famly.
(d) The mayor's family.
4. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Bright one.
(c) Lovely one.
5. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Bethia's mother.
(d) The precher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
2. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
3. What does Caleb call Bethia?
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
5. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)