|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(b) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(c) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(d) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Bright one.
(b) Lovely one.
(d) Wise one.
3. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Teaching them to read and write.
(b) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(c) Converting them to Christianity.
(d) Trying to protect their rights.
4. Who is Caleb?
(a) A native American young man.
(b) The Mayfield groom.
(c) Bethia's oldest brother.
(d) The preacher.
5. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) The precher.
(b) Bethia's brother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Bethia's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
2. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
3. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
4. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
5. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)