|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking in church.
(b) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Talking to a male outside the family.
2. Where is Master Corlett's school?
3. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) The housekeeper.
(c) Makepeace or her father.
(d) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
4. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
(a) The head housekeeper.
(c) The Latin teacher.
(d) The minister.
5. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Not in her present world.
(b) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) She does not say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
2. What is the name of Bethia's community?
3. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
4. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
5. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)