Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother did not fear death.
(b) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(c) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(d) Her mother wanted to die.
2. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
(b) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(c) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(d) She does not know why she is so tired.
3. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
(a) Grooming his horse.
(b) Giving an early morning greeting to the sun god.
(d) Taking lessons from the tribal shamen.
4. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To receive knighthood from the king.
(b) To raise funds for his work.
(c) To bring back some more colonists.
(d) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
5. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Noah should escort her home.
(b) Makepeace should go with their father.
(c) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb should stay for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
2. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
3. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
4. Where is Solace found?
5. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)