Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) Three years earlier.
(b) When Caleb is born.
(c) When Bethia is born.
2. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Disobeying her father.
(b) Drinking out of the gourd.
(c) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
(d) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
3. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Successfully treat the epidemic.
(b) Thank Mayfield.
(c) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(d) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
4. What seems strange to Bethia about the tension between Makepeace and his father?
(a) Makepeace is older now than her father was when her father started a family.
(b) Makepeace is a man and should choose his bride.
(c) Bethia has already spent a great deal of time with Caleb.
(d) Makepeace could help the colony while in England.
5. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's father.
(b) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(c) Caleb's uncle.
(d) Caleb's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
3. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
4. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
5. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)