|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 - Part 2, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) The precher.
(b) Bethia's mother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Bethia's brother.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As a theft by the whites.
(b) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(c) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(d) Relief that the whale gets away.
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(c) To launder her outer things.
(d) To dance with the Wampanoag.
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Pale One.
(b) Sweet one.
(c) Bright eyes.
(d) Storm eyes.
5. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(b) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(c) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(d) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
2. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
3. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
4. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)