|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
2. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
(a) He loves another woman.
(b) He wants a wife with whom he could talk intellectually.
(c) He believes woman are equal to men.
(d) He believes woman are inferior to men.
3. What has Caleb been doing the next morning when Bethia encounters him?
(a) Giving an early morning greeting to the sun god.
(c) Taking lessons from the tribal shamen.
(d) Grooming his horse.
4. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To raise funds for his work.
(b) To bring back some more colonists.
(c) To receive knighthood from the king.
(d) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
5. With whom does Bethia talk about Samuel and Noah?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makepeace threaten to tell their grandfather?
2. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
3. What does Caleb call Bethia?
4. What do the visitors ask?
5. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)