|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Return a book she had borrowed.
(b) Harvest some beans.
(c) Find her father.
(d) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
2. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
(a) He is to be the next tribal shaman.
(b) He has missed being with her.
(c) He is sorry her mother died.
(d) He does not think he wants to learn about the Christian God.
3. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(b) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
(c) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(d) About marriage to Bethia.
4. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(a) A young man from the mainland.
(d) Two young Wampanoag.
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(b) Her mother wanted to die.
(c) Her mother did not fear death.
(d) Her mother will not go to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
2. To whom is one of the students related?
3. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
4. What does Noah do the next morning?
5. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)