|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to be with her mother.
(b) To the school house.
(c) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(d) Back to the Merrys.
2. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) Three years earlier.
(c) When Caleb is born.
(d) When Bethia is born.
3. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Trying to protect their rights.
(b) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(c) Converting them to Christianity.
(d) Teaching them to read and write.
4. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(b) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(c) She can never learn too much.
(d) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
5. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) No one.
(b) The preacher's wife.
(c) An elderly neighbor.
(d) The family who owns the bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
2. What are the repercussions to Anne's miscarriage?
3. Whom does Bethia have to listen to when they get to the college?
4. What is a pawaaw?
5. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)