|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(b) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(c) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
(d) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
2. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
(a) When Caleb told Bethia his true name.
(b) When Caleb becomes a Christina.
(c) Whe Bethia has her menses.
(d) When Bethia told Caleb her true name.
3. What does Bethia discover about the well?
(a) It's gone dry.
(b) It's been contaminated.
(c) It's collapsed.
4. Why is Bethia relieved as they are leaving?
(a) Tequamuck is not there trying to disrupt their journey.
(b) She is glad she patched things up with Makepeace.
(c) She feels she may as well get her indentured time over.
(d) She is glad she'll still be near Caleb.
5. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to be with her mother.
(b) To the school house.
(c) Back to the Merrys.
(d) Back to the tent where they were staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
2. What is wrong with Anne?
3. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
4. About what is Caleb troubled?
5. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)