|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia surprised at what Caleb tells her about what he's been doing?
(a) She thought he was going to adopt Christianity.
(b) Her father had asked Caleb to forgo Shamic training for now.
(c) Most of the White men do not swim.
(d) There is a someone to take care of the horses.
2. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
3. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(a) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
(c) A feeling of euphoria.
(d) Severe anxiety.
4. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) Makepeace or her father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
5. Who is John Harvard?
(a) The man who endowed the library.
(b) The mathematics professor.
(c) The classics professor.
(d) The Latin and Greek professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Master Corlett's school?
2. What is Samuel to do at the school endowed by John Harvard?
3. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
4. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
5. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)