|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her brother.
(b) Love for the preacher's boy.
(c) Love of the island.
(d) Love for her dog.
2. To whom is one of the students related?
(a) Anne Bradstreet.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Aphra Behn.
(d) John Smith.
3. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) A light keeper.
(c) A fire keeper.
(d) Spiritual leader.
4. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
(a) No one.
(b) Bethia's grandfather.
5. What surprises everyone when Mayfield's will is read?
(a) He leaves two important books to Bethia.
(b) He leaves Caleb money for college.
(c) He has left Caleb out of the will.
(d) He designates Bethia as his principle heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bethia and Makepeace do every day?
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
3. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
4. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
5. With whom does Caleb develop a close friendship over time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)