|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel confess to Bethia?
(a) He believes woman are equal to men.
(b) He loves another woman.
(c) He believes woman are inferior to men.
(d) He wants a wife with whom he could talk intellectually.
2. What does Bethia describe at the opening of this section?
(a) Why she desires to live as an independent woman.
(b) Why she thinks God is still punishing her.
(c) Her current situation.
(d) Her baby sister's habits.
3. To whom is one of the students related?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Aphra Behn.
(d) Anne Bradstreet.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) She believes her cousin will get well.
(c) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
5. What is a pawaaw?
(a) Spiritual leader.
(b) A fire keeper.
(c) A light keeper.
(d) A storyteller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
2. What does Bethia's father wonder?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. What does Bethia say she will continue to do?
5. Why does Bethia take on a position as housekeeper in another college?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)