|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She has come to identify with them.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(d) She has not met one in person.
2. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To the mainland.
(b) To the trading post.
(c) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(d) To visit an ill cousin.
3. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
(a) She feels superior to him.
(b) She feels Caleb is better than Makepeace.
(c) She lusts for him.
(d) She feels Caleb should go back to his tribe.
4. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(b) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(c) He will never marry.
(d) Their gods live everywhere.
5. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To bring back some more colonists.
(b) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
(c) To receive knighthood from the king.
(d) To raise funds for his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia feel responsible for her mother's death?
2. When did Bethia's mother die?
3. Who dies unexpectedly?
4. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
5. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)