|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Caleb?
(a) Bethia's oldest brother.
(b) A native American young man.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The Mayfield groom.
2. Who is Tequamuck?
(a) Caleb's uncle.
(b) Caleb's father.
(c) A spiritual leader of the Wampanoag.
(d) Caleb's grandfather.
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(b) The native of the area.
(c) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(d) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
4. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her dog.
(b) Love of the island.
(c) Love for the preacher's boy.
(d) Love for her brother.
5. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(c) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(d) There has never been a beached whale before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
2. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
3. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
4. Why does Bethia do as many chores as she does?
5. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)