|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Harvard?
(a) The mathematics professor.
(b) The classics professor.
(c) The man who endowed the library.
(d) The Latin and Greek professor.
2. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
(c) Camping grounds.
3. What does Samuel want Bethia to discontinue doing?
(a) Defending the natives.
(b) Studying so much.
(c) Working in the kitchen.
(d) Seeing Noah.
4. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
(a) Drop out of school for a while.
(b) Marry Caleb.
(c) Marry Joel.
(d) Escape back to the island.
5. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To help strip the whale carcass.
(b) To launder her outer things.
(c) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Caleb troubled?
2. What does Caleb tell Bethia when her father and Makepeace go out to wash their hands?
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
4. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
5. What does Makepeace say he has arranged with the Merry family?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)