|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(c) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(d) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
2. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Harvest some beans.
(b) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(c) Return a book she had borrowed.
(d) Find her father.
3. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
(b) Teaches her about horses.
(c) Shows her how to swim.
4. Who dies unexpectedly?
(a) The governor.
(b) The wife of the governor.
(c) The married son of the governor.
(d) The youngest, unmarried son of the governor.
5. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) The weather is beautiful.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
(d) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
2. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
3. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
5. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)