|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia's father choose some particular passages from the Bible to read when Caleb is introduced?
(a) To show his parishioners how liberal minded he is.
(b) To demonstrate why Caleb should be welcomed.
(c) To have Caleb read some scripture which he knows thoroughly.
(d) They are merely the passages appointed for the day and have no connection to Caleb's arrival.
2. On what does is Caleb introduced to the community?
(a) On Friday evening.
(b) At a meeting of the parrish on Wednesday evening.
(c) At a meeting by the governing elders on Monday.
(d) The Sabbath.
3. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
(a) For Bethia to marry him.
(b) If she loves Caleb.
(c) If she wants to go back to the island.
(d) If she loves Noah.
4. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
(c) The weather is beautiful.
(d) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
5. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(a) As a disinterested outsider.
(c) Less emotionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
2. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
3. Where is Solace found?
4. What does Samuel do when Bethia walks away from him?
5. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)