|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About marriage to Bethia.
(b) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(c) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(d) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
2. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's mother.
(b) Bethia's brother.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The precher.
3. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
(a) From lying awake for several nights writing her confession.
(b) From running back and forth between the fields and the kitchen.
(c) She does not know why she is so tired.
(d) From doing her mother's work as well as her own.
4. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(b) Talking in church.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Talking to a male outside the family.
5. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(b) She has come to identify with them.
(c) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(d) She has not met one in person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
2. What is the name of Bethia's community?
3. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
4. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)