|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(c) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(d) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
2. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) She can never learn too much.
(b) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(c) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(d) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
3. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) As a theft by the whites.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(b) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(c) Meet with the Merry family.
(d) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
5. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
(a) Converting them to Christianity.
(b) Trying to protect their rights.
(c) Trying to convince them to move off the island.
(d) Teaching them to read and write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
2. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
3. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
4. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
5. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)