|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors ask?
(a) Some food.
(b) To take Bethia back home.
(c) For help in curing a visiting elder.
(d) To see Bethia's father.
2. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(b) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(c) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
3. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
(a) They are stricken with malaria.
(b) They all convert.
(c) They move away from the whites.
(d) They are stricken with smallpox.
4. What does Noah do the next morning?
(a) Ask Bethia if she likes Caleb.
(b) Break his leg in a fall off a horse.
(c) Show Bethia the farm.
(d) Go with Bethia to meet Caleb.
5. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(b) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As a theft by the whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bethia's father doing with the Wampanoag?
2. Who is Noah Merry?
3. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
5. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)