|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
(d) No one.
2. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She has come to identify with them.
(d) She has not met one in person.
3. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Her mother did not fear death.
(b) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(c) Her mother wanted to die.
(d) Her mother will not go to heaven.
4. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(b) With fear.
(c) As if the book is blasphemous.
(d) With digust.
5. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) The precher.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Bethia's mother.
(d) Bethia's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
2. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
3. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
4. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
5. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)