|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bethia apprentice herself?
(a) No one.
(b) The family who owns the bakery.
(c) An elderly neighbor.
(d) The preacher's wife.
2. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To launder her outer things.
(b) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(c) To help strip the whale carcass.
(d) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
3. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(b) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
(c) Tries to wake him.
(d) Sips out of the gourd.
4. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
5. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The native of the area.
(b) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(c) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
(d) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
2. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
3. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
4. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
5. When did Bethia's mother die?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)