|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) Her family.
(b) The Wampanoag.
(c) The founding family.
(d) The women in the colony.
2. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
(a) They move away from the whites.
(b) They are stricken with smallpox.
(c) They all convert.
(d) They are stricken with malaria.
3. What does Bethia's father say about Bethia learning too much?
(a) It's not good for a pretty girl.
(b) She needs to be careful in what she studies.
(c) Bethia has learned too much already and is not desirable as a bride.
(d) She can never learn too much.
4. What has the sonquem asked of Mayfield?
(a) Instruction in becoming a Christian.
(b) For Caleb to marry Bethia.
(c) For some of his medicine.
(d) For Makepeace to learn the ways of the Wampanoag.
5. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
(a) As if the book is blasphemous.
(b) With digust.
(d) With fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
2. Who is Tequamuck?
3. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
4. Who is Noah Merry?
5. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)