|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(c) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
2. Who established the colony where Bethia lives?
(a) The school teacher's famly.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The mayor's family.
3. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
(b) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(c) About marriage to Bethia.
(d) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
4. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
(d) Camping grounds.
5. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(b) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(c) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(d) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
2. What love does Bethia describe?
3. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
4. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
5. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)