|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(b) As Elder Mother.
(c) In the Wampanoag language.
(d) As Grandmother.
2. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(a) Severe anxiety.
(b) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
(c) A feeling of euphoria.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) She believes her cousin will get well.
(c) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(d) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
4. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
(a) They move away from the whites.
(b) They all convert.
(c) They are stricken with malaria.
(d) They are stricken with smallpox.
5. How does Bethia feel when she wakes a few minutes later?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bethia's twin brother die?
2. What do the visitors ask?
3. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
5. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)