|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking to a male outside the family.
(b) Talking in church.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
2. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(b) Relief that the whale gets away.
(c) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(d) As a theft by the whites.
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
(a) A fight with her father.
(b) An argument with her brother about his friend he wants her to marry.
(c) The music and energy of the Wampanoag dancing.
(d) An argument with her friend about the Wampanoag's rights.
4. Who are the Wampanoag?
(a) The native of the area.
(b) The group of Indians that move off the island when the whites arrived.
(c) The natives with whom the whites have intermarried.
(d) The tribe that lives on the mainland.
5. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(b) To visit an ill cousin.
(c) To the trading post.
(d) To the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia's father wonder?
2. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
3. Who is Caleb?
4. What changes Caleb and Bethia's relationship?
5. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)