|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bethia believe has been taken advantage of?
(a) The founding family.
(b) The Wampanoag.
(c) Her family.
(d) The women in the colony.
2. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(d) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
3. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
(a) To learn more about farming.
(b) To learn about European history.
(c) To have an exchange of ideas.
(d) In gratitude for the help in treating the smallpox.
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) As Elder Mother.
(b) As Grandmother.
(c) In the Wampanoag language.
(d) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
5. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Makepeace should go with their father.
(b) Caleb should stay for lunch.
(c) Noah should escort her home.
(d) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
2. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
4. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)