|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
(a) He has no plans or hopes for Caleb.
(b) He will help convert the rest of his people.
(c) He will want to marry Bethia.
(d) He can get in to a university.
2. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(b) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
(c) About marriage to Bethia.
(d) About his sister and her brother marrying.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(b) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(c) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) She believes her cousin will get well.
4. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(a) No one.
(b) Makepeace and Joel.
5. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
(d) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
2. Who is Tequamuck?
3. Who are the Wampanoag?
4. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)