|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
(c) She died with Bethia's mother.
2. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
(a) They all convert.
(b) They are stricken with smallpox.
(c) They are stricken with malaria.
(d) They move away from the whites.
3. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(d) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
4. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(b) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(c) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(d) Because of Caleb's arrival.
5. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(a) No one.
(d) Makepeace and Joel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
2. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
3. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
4. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)