|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) He will never marry.
2. Who is Iacoomis?
(a) A Wampanoag native who tried to lead an uprising against the whites.
(b) A Wampanoag who teaches the Mayfield family the Wampanoag language.
(c) A Wampanoag who is interested in how the whites farm.
(d) A Wampanoag who knows how to read and write English.
3. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(a) Talking in church.
(b) Talking to a male outside the family.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(b) As Grandmother.
(c) In the Wampanoag language.
(d) As Elder Mother.
5. What does Bethia say she feels about the Wampanoag?
(a) She thinks they are too savage to ever be Christians.
(b) She believes they are God's children, though inferior.
(c) She has not met one in person.
(d) She has come to identify with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
2. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
3. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
4. Who is Noah Merry?
5. What does Caleb say often change with his people?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)