|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He marries whom he chooses.
(b) He gets to return to the island.
(c) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(d) He has a freer life.
2. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
(a) Her life in Nantucket.
(b) Her life with Caleb.
(c) Her life in England.
(d) Her life in Cambridge.
3. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(b) If his ordeal was God's will.
(c) If he would ever become a Christian.
(d) Why he even speaks to her.
4. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) In the Wampanoag language.
(b) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(c) As Grandmother.
(d) As Elder Mother.
5. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(b) Pour water from it as an offering.
(c) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(d) Smash it in a ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a pawaaw?
2. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
3. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
5. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)