|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
(a) When she is dancing with the Wampanoag.
(b) When she looks deeply into Caleb's eyes.
(c) When she is sitting on the cliff overlooking the ocean.
(d) When she is singing by herself in the forest.
2. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(b) Harvest some beans.
(c) Find her father.
(d) Return a book she had borrowed.
3. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(b) Makepeace or her father.
(c) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
(d) The housekeeper.
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(c) There has never been a beached whale before.
(d) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
5. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(b) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
(c) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(d) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
2. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
3. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
4. About what is Makepeace jealous?
5. What is a pawaaw?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)