|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bethia doing when she comes upon a group of Wampanoag dancing?
(a) Gathering mushrooms.
(b) She is lost in the woods.
(c) Searching for firewood.
(d) Gathering herbs.
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
(a) Bright one.
(b) Lovely one.
(c) Wise one.
3. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(b) Not in her present world.
(c) She does not say.
(d) Only if her father learns of her sin.
4. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
(a) She thinks of him as more than a brother.
(b) He will never truly adopt the white man's ways.
(c) He should have a native Indian wife.
(d) He has moved beyond her.
5. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(a) A feeling of euphoria.
(b) Severe anxiety.
(c) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Bethia and Makepeace argue?
2. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
3. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
4. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
5. What does Makepeace believe about Solace?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)