|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(a) Tries to wake him.
(b) Sips out of the gourd.
(d) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
2. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
(a) To bring back some more colonists.
(b) To raise funds for his work.
(c) To say goodbye to his dying mother.
(d) To receive knighthood from the king.
3. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She believes her cousin will get well.
(b) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
4. What has the sonquem asked of Mayfield?
(a) For Caleb to marry Bethia.
(b) For Makepeace to learn the ways of the Wampanoag.
(c) For some of his medicine.
(d) Instruction in becoming a Christian.
5. What is Takemmy?
(a) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(b) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(c) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
(d) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
3. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
4. What does Noah do the next morning?
5. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)