|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(b) Thank Mayfield.
(c) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
(d) Successfully treat the epidemic.
2. Where is Solace found?
(a) Drowned in the new well.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Being attacked by some wild dogs.
(d) In the stables.
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
(a) To dance with the Wampanoag.
(b) To launder her outer things.
(c) To go in the ocean and wash off the whale blood.
(d) To help strip the whale carcass.
4. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
(d) No one.
5. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
(a) Having her life choices made for her.
(b) The pressure her brother is placing on her.
(c) The way the Whites treat the native Indians.
(d) The way her father sees her as a comodity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
2. About what is Makepeace jealous?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
5. What does Bethia's father wonder?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)