|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
(c) As a disinterested outsider.
(d) Less emotionally.
2. What does Bethia's father wonder?
(a) Why Bethia would think Makepeace should go with him.
(b) How Bethia understood the Wampanoag.
(c) Why Bethia would suggest a native have lunch with them.
(d) Why Bethia wants Noah to escort her home.
3. How does Bethia see what happens with the whale?
(a) As commendable that the whites are following the agreement with the Wampanoag.
(b) As an act of kindness to save the whale.
(c) Relief that the whale gets away.
(d) As a theft by the whites.
4. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(d) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
5. What does Tequamuck fail to do?
(a) Ask his chief's permission before making Mayfield leave the tribal grounds.
(b) Drink from the gourd a second time.
(c) Thank Mayfield.
(d) Successfully treat the epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
2. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
3. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
4. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
5. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)