|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Master Corlett's in Cambridge say they will allow Joel, Makepeace, and Caleb free attendance?
(a) All of Pastor Mayfield's library.
(b) Bethia as an indentured servant.
(c) An agreement from Joel and Caleb.
(d) There are no strings attached.
2. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
(a) No one.
(c) Makepeace and Joel.
3. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He has a freer life.
(b) He gets to return to the island.
(c) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(d) He marries whom he chooses.
4. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
(a) About his sister and her brother marrying.
(b) About the Wampanoag ceremony for manhood.
(c) About a Wampanoag girl Noah likes.
(d) About marriage to Bethia.
5. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
(a) She feels superior to him.
(b) She feels Caleb is better than Makepeace.
(c) She lusts for him.
(d) She feels Caleb should go back to his tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
2. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
3. When does Bethia encounter some of Caleb's gods?
4. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
5. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)