|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
(a) Strange one.
(b) Hateful one.
(c) Enlightened one.
(d) Wise one.
2. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(b) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(c) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(d) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
3. What is the name of Bethia's new sister?
(a) She died with Bethia's mother.
4. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
(a) Why he even speaks to her.
(b) If his ordeal was God's will.
(c) If her father would ever let her marry him.
(d) If he would ever become a Christian.
5. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
(a) Back to the tent where they were staying.
(b) To the school house.
(c) Back to the Merrys.
(d) Back to be with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caleb do for Solace?
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
3. Why does Bethia say she is so tired in Chapter 11?
4. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
5. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)