|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(b) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(c) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
(d) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
2. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
(a) Her life with Caleb.
(b) Her life in England.
(c) Her life in Nantucket.
(d) Her life in Cambridge.
3. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(b) He marries whom he chooses.
(c) He has a freer life.
(d) He gets to return to the island.
4. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(b) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) She believes her cousin will get well.
(d) She would love some linen to make a dress.
5. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
(a) Wise one.
(b) Strange one.
(c) Enlightened one.
(d) Hateful one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
2. What does Bethia's name mean?
3. Why does Bethia take off some of her clothes?
4. About what is Bethia increasingly frustrated?
5. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)