|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia realize about Caleb as they are riding back to the white settlement?
(a) He will never truly adopt the white man's ways.
(b) He has moved beyond her.
(c) She thinks of him as more than a brother.
(d) He should have a native Indian wife.
2. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) He will never marry.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(d) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
3. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To visit an ill cousin.
(b) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(c) To the mainland.
(d) To the trading post.
4. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Shows her how to swim.
(b) Teaches her about horses.
(c) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
5. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
(a) If perhaps Bethia will be able to see Caleb again.
(b) If her father would oppose a marriage to Caleb.
(c) If Makepeace is smart enough to learn the language of the Wampanoag.
(d) If the sonquem would have recovered no matter what.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the visitors ask?
2. Who does Pastor Mayfield invite along?
3. What has the sonquem asked of Mayfield?
4. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
5. Why do the Manitouwatootan move closer to Bethia's community?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)