|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(b) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(c) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
(d) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
2. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A fire keeper.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A light keeper.
(d) Spiritual leader.
3. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(b) A young man from the mainland.
(d) Two young Wampanoag.
4. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
(a) Makepeace or her father.
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) Solace is old enough to care for herself.
5. Where does Bethia accompany her father?
(a) To the trading post.
(b) To visit an ill cousin.
(c) On one of his preaching trips to the Wampanoag.
(d) To the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makepeace think Bethia feels about Caleb?
2. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
3. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
5. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)