|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(b) Two young Wampanoag.
(d) A young man from the mainland.
2. What has the sonquem asked of Mayfield?
(a) For Caleb to marry Bethia.
(b) Instruction in becoming a Christian.
(c) For Makepeace to learn the ways of the Wampanoag.
(d) For some of his medicine.
3. Who interferes in the sonquem's request?
(a) No one.
4. What does Bethia wonder about what the sonquem asks?
(a) If Makepeace is smart enough to learn the language of the Wampanoag.
(b) If her father would oppose a marriage to Caleb.
(c) If perhaps Bethia will be able to see Caleb again.
(d) If the sonquem would have recovered no matter what.
5. What does Bethia pretend when she is with her father?
(a) She would love some linen to make a dress.
(b) She does not speak the language of the Wampanoag.
(c) She wants to marry her brother's friend.
(d) She believes her cousin will get well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
2. What is a pawaaw?
3. What happens to the Indian community to which Tequamuck belongs?
4. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
5. Who berates Bathia for her absence when she returns to the beach?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)