|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(a) A young man from the mainland.
(d) Two young Wampanoag.
2. What is a pawaaw?
(a) Spiritual leader.
(b) A fire keeper.
(c) A light keeper.
(d) A storyteller.
3. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(d) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
4. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
(a) As a stranger.
(b) As a good friend.
(c) As being deceived.
(d) More and more like a white man.
5. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Find her father.
(b) Return a book she had borrowed.
(c) Harvest some beans.
(d) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bethia sent after the sonquem responds to Mayfield's initial treatment?
2. What comment by Noah catches Bethia's attention?
3. What does Makepeace believe about Solace?
4. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
5. Where is Solace found?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)