|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Storm eyes.
(b) Bright eyes.
(c) Sweet one.
(d) Pale One.
2. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(a) A young man from the mainland.
(c) Two young Wampanoag.
3. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(b) A feeling of euphoria.
(c) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
(d) Severe anxiety.
4. What is a pawaaw?
(a) A fire keeper.
(b) A light keeper.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) Spiritual leader.
5. What does Bethia at first consider outlandish about what Caleb tells her?
(a) The many gods of the Wampanoag.
(b) Their gods live everywhere.
(c) He is in exile from his people though he lives with them.
(d) He will never marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Caleb agree to study?
2. How does Caleb treat the book Bethia is reading?
3. What does Makepeace think is the cause of his father's death?
4. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
5. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)