|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By tradition, what generally happens to a beached whale?
(a) Two men from the two groups have a friendly wrestling match to win rights to the whale.
(b) There has never been a beached whale before.
(c) It is shared among all the occupants of the island.
(d) It belongs to the Wampanoag.
2. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
(a) Solace is missing.
(b) Caleb is standing behind her.
(c) Makepeace is ill.
(d) There is a rattler in the kitchen.
3. What does Bethia do when she sees Tequamuck lying in a trance?
(b) Tries to wake him.
(c) Sips out of the gourd.
(d) Finds Caleb to ask about Tequamuck.
4. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
5. What do the Wampanoag construct on the shore?
(a) A totem.
(b) A memorial to Mayfield.
(c) A fort.
(d) A kiln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
2. What does Bethia believe she feels for Caleb?
3. For what does Bethia long?
4. What does Bethia's father plan for Caleb's living situation?
5. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)