|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caleb's "real" name mean?
(a) Enlightened one.
(b) Wise one.
(c) Hateful one.
(d) Strange one.
2. What happens when a whale strands itself on the beach?
(a) Everyone works together to get it back into the ocean.
(b) The whites prepare to slaughter it, but it unbeaches itself and swims off.
(c) The Wampanoag are contacted by the white community to claim it.
(d) The white community gathers to slaughter it.
3. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(b) Two young Wampanoag.
(d) A young man from the mainland.
4. What does Caleb call Bethia?
(a) Pale One.
(b) Sweet one.
(c) Bright eyes.
(d) Storm eyes.
5. Why does Bethia not know what will happen to her?
(a) Because her father is negotiating with two families for her hand in marriage.
(b) Because of Caleb's arrival.
(c) Because she is not sure if anyone knows she sipped from the gourd.
(d) Because she is now responsible for her baby sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bethia angry after what Noah says?
2. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
3. What does Mayfield hope for Caleb?
4. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
5. What does Bathia find herself drawn into?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)