|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
(b) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
(c) The weather is beautiful.
(d) She is tired.
2. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
(b) No one.
(c) Bethia's grandfather.
3. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Not in her present world.
(c) She does not say.
(d) Only if her father learns of her sin.
4. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He has a freer life.
(b) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(c) He marries whom he chooses.
(d) He gets to return to the island.
5. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
(a) Drop out of school for a while.
(b) Escape back to the island.
(c) Marry Caleb.
(d) Marry Joel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the visitors ask?
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
3. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
4. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
5. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)