|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia say she often does?
(a) Breaks down in tears of grief.
(b) Talk to her Mother as if she were right there.
(c) Wishes she had never taken a sip from the gourd.
(d) Wishes she were a man.
2. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(c) Pour water from it as an offering.
(d) Smash it in a ceremony.
3. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(b) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
(c) Shows her how to swim.
(d) Teaches her about horses.
4. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(b) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(c) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(d) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
5. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
(a) That Caleb is smarter than most white men.
(b) His speaking of his own language.
(c) That all men desire power over women.
(d) The exile of the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
2. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
3. Who is Noah Merry?
4. Who is John Harvard?
5. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)