|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
(a) Foretell the tragedy that is to come.
(b) Lift her spirits.
(c) Give her time to herself.
(d) Give her a moment to thank God for the day.
2. Who is John Harvard?
(a) The man who endowed the library.
(b) The Latin and Greek professor.
(c) The mathematics professor.
(d) The classics professor.
3. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
(a) Her life with Caleb.
(b) Her life in Nantucket.
(c) Her life in Cambridge.
(d) Her life in England.
4. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
(a) For Bethia to marry him.
(b) If she loves Noah.
(c) If she loves Caleb.
(d) If she wants to go back to the island.
5. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Shows her how to swim.
(c) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
(d) Teaches her about horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia see Caleb at this time?
2. What do the visitors ask?
3. What does Bethia suddenly discover?
4. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
5. How does Bethia resolve to tell her story?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)