|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(b) Makepeace should go with their father.
(c) Caleb should stay for lunch.
(d) Noah should escort her home.
2. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Shows her how to swim.
(b) Teaches her about horses.
(d) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
3. What does Samuel ask Bethia when they are alone?
(a) For Bethia to marry him.
(b) If she loves Noah.
(c) If she wants to go back to the island.
(d) If she loves Caleb.
4. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(b) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(c) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
(d) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
5. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
(a) Her life in England.
(b) Her life in Cambridge.
(c) Her life in Nantucket.
(d) Her life with Caleb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Harvard?
2. What does Bethia say she often does?
3. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
4. What does Bethia's father wonder?
5. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)