|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
(a) Smash it in a ceremony.
(b) Drink a foul-smelling liquid out of it.
(d) Pour water from it as an offering.
2. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
(a) Marry Joel.
(b) Drop out of school for a while.
(c) Escape back to the island.
(d) Marry Caleb.
3. What does Bethia impulsively suggest?
(a) Makepeace should go with their father.
(b) Her father should go help the Wampanoag.
(c) Noah should escort her home.
(d) Caleb should stay for lunch.
4. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
(b) Teaches her about horses.
(c) Shows her how to swim.
5. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
(a) That all men desire power over women.
(b) His speaking of his own language.
(c) That Caleb is smarter than most white men.
(d) The exile of the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
2. Why is Mayfield traveling to England?
3. How does Bethia explain knowing Wampanoag?
4. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
5. What does Bethia wonder about Caleb?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)