|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Meet with the Merry family.
(b) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(c) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(d) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
2. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He marries whom he chooses.
(b) He has a freer life.
(c) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(d) He gets to return to the island.
3. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) She does not say.
(b) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) Not in her present world.
4. Where had Bethia gone to do in the story she is telling?
(a) Take some medicine to a Wampanoag woman.
(b) Find her father.
(c) Harvest some beans.
(d) Return a book she had borrowed.
5. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(a) A young man from the mainland.
(c) Two young Wampanoag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bethia say she often does?
2. Who does Bethia believe will care for Solace?
3. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
4. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
5. With whom does Bethia talk about Samuel and Noah?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)