|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Caleb help Bethia?
(a) Standing up to her brother.
(b) How to catch a rabbit.
(c) Standing up to Corlett.
(d) Sorting out her feelings about her suitors.
2. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
(a) She does not talk to her as that would be disrespectful.
(b) As Elder Mother.
(c) In the Wampanoag language.
(d) As Grandmother.
3. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(b) He gets to return to the island.
(c) He has a freer life.
(d) He marries whom he chooses.
4. What does Grandfather Mayfield ask Pastor Mayfield to do?
(a) Officiate at the wedding of his daughter.
(b) Meet with the Wampanoag tribal council.
(c) Go to the mainland to minister to a small settlement there.
(d) Meet with the Merry family.
5. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
(a) Disobeying her father.
(b) Drinking out of the gourd.
(c) Learning to speak with the Wampanoag.
(d) Talking with a young Wampanoag male.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one question Caleb asks Bethia?
2. What does the perfect day Bethia is experiencing fail to do?
3. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
4. What is Takemmy?
5. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)