|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives the day after Anne is ill?
(a) No one.
(d) Bethia's grandfather.
2. What is wrong with Anne?
(a) She is having a miscarriage.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She was beaten by one of the male students.
(d) She has smallpox.
3. Who comes to the Merry mill for help?
(c) Two young Wampanoag.
(d) A young man from the mainland.
4. What does Bethia experience after the action that Satan supposedly prompted?
(b) A feeling of euphoria.
(c) Nausea and then unconsciousness.
(d) Severe anxiety.
5. What does Caleb's reading of Hebrew bring to Bethia's mind?
(a) That all men desire power over women.
(b) That Caleb is smarter than most white men.
(c) His speaking of his own language.
(d) The exile of the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bethia consider her life at this time?
2. Upon what does Bethia's narration focus in this section?
3. What does Bethia say was Satan's influence?
4. What does Bethia and the rest of the family do?
5. What does Bethia do when she returns from her errand?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)