|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 - Part 2, Anno 1661, Actatis Suae 17, Cambridge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bethia take time on her task?
(a) She wants to be away when Caleb comes home.
(b) The weather is beautiful.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She wants to be away when her father comes home.
2. What does Caleb do for Solace?
(a) Shows her how to swim.
(b) Puts a doll and other things in her casket.
(d) Teaches her about horses.
3. What is Takemmy?
(a) The name of the woods where Bethia likes to roam.
(b) The name of the beach where the Mayfield's live.
(c) The name of the stream that runs the mill.
(d) The Wampanoag settlement where Bethia and her father go.
4. When does Bethia expect punishment for her sins?
(a) Only if her father learns of her sin.
(c) She does not say.
(d) Not in her present world.
5. Why is Bethia envious of Makepeace?
(a) He has a freer life.
(b) He decides to stay in England where he wants to be.
(c) He gets to return to the island.
(d) He marries whom he chooses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tequamuck do with a gourd?
2. With whom does Bethia talk about Samuel and Noah?
3. How does Bethia address the woman who waits on her and her father?
4. What does Bethia decide Anne must do?
5. Where does Samuel take Bethia the next day?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)