Section 1 - Part 1, Anno 1660, Actatis Suae 15, Great Harbor
1. Who is Bethia?
(a) A minor character.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The Mayfield family servant.
(d) The author.
2. With whom is Bethia's father arguing?
(a) Bethia's brother.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Bethia's mother.
(d) The precher.
3. With what kind of influence are the arguers concerned the new guest will bring?
4. Who is Caleb?
(a) Bethia's oldest brother.
(b) The Mayfield groom.
(c) A native American young man.
(d) The preacher.
5. When did Bethia's mother die?
(a) Three years earlier.
(b) When Bethia is born.
(c) When Caleb is born.
6. What does Bethia believe about her mother's death?
(a) Bethia thinks she is to blame for the death.
(b) Her mother wanted to die.
(c) Her mother will not go to heaven.
(d) Her mother did not fear death.
7. What kind of transgression into evil does Bethia say she commits?
(b) Talking to a male outside the family.
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Talking in church.
8. What love does Bethia describe?
(a) Love for her brother.
(b) Love for her dog.
(c) Love of the island.
(d) Love for the preacher's boy.
This section contains 5,125 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)