|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the establishment where Andrews finds Miller for the first time?
2. How does Andrews attempt to alleviate the pain he is feeling from riding on the first day of the expedition?
(a) He tries sitting on the wagon instead.
(b) He tries to get Miller to slow down.
(c) He tries sitting on one of the oxen instead.
(d) He tries putting his rucksack underneath his saddle.
3. What warning does Schneider give to Miller before the hunt begins?
(a) He warns Miller to make sure his bullets are sitting correctly in the chamber.
(b) He warns Miller not to waste the party's water on dirty hides.
(c) He warns Miller not to kill too many buffalo at once.
(d) He warns Miller to put blindfolds on the horses before beginning to shoot.
4. What number room is Andrews given when he checks into the hotel in Butcher's Crossing?
5. Miller states that the people who come to collect the buffalo bones will use the bones for what purpose?
(c) Marrow extraction.
(d) Rein adornments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Charley lost a part of his body?
2. Miller tells Andrews that buffalo move toward a watering hole in what manner?
3. Once the men get a fire started, who thrusts "his boots close to the fire, and almost into it" (186)?
4. Who starts the first campfire of the hunting expedition trip?
5. Andrews presents a letter to McDonald when he finds him in Butcher's Crossing. By whom is the letter signed?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)