|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Schneider give to Miller before the hunt begins?
(a) He warns Miller not to waste the party's water on dirty hides.
(b) He warns Miller not to kill too many buffalo at once.
(c) He warns Miller to put blindfolds on the horses before beginning to shoot.
(d) He warns Miller to make sure his bullets are sitting correctly in the chamber.
2. What is Miller's reply when Andrews asks him how long the hunting party will be snowed in?
(a) Until the pass thaws.
(b) At least a month.
(c) Until February.
(d) At least 2 weeks.
3. Miller tells Schneider that Schneider does not have what kind of bone in his body?
4. After how many days of sleeping in a snow mound does Andrews wake to find snow everywhere upon the land?
5. What is NOT an element of the hunting party's breakfast on the first morning of the hunt?
(a) Side meat.
(d) Fried mush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause Miller to decide to use the last of the party's water for the oxen and horses?
2. What is NOT a quality of the hunting party's horses by noon on the first day of the expedition?
3. What event does McDonald say will change everything about the town of Butcher's Crossing soon?
4. Miller tells Schneider that there is what between their current location and Denver?
5. Who tells Andrews to go get his knives so the men can sharpen them?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)