|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long had Andrews been traveling before stopping in Butcher's Crossing?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 week.
2. What type of animal will be hunted during the hunting expedition?
(a) Bighorn sheep.
3. How long ago does Miller say the hunt took place that resulted in the pile of buffalo bones?
(a) No more than three months.
(b) No more than two years.
(c) No more than one month.
(d) Just under one year.
4. From what city had Andrews originally begun his journey to Butcher's Crossing?
(a) New York City.
5. What is Miller's reply when Schneider tells Miller to stop shooting because he has already killed 60 or 70 buffalo?
(a) Miller tells Schneider to run and fetch Andrews.
(b) Miller tells Schneider that he is probably right.
(c) Miller tells Schneider to shut up and to leave him alone.
(d) Miller tells Schneider that he will only kill a few more members of the herd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller tells Schneider that if they had to, they could stay in the valley for what amount of time shooting buffalo?
2. Miller instructs Andrews that when shooting buffalo, one should aim just a little behind what part of the buffalo?
3. Once the hunting party makes it down into the valley, next to what natural feature do they set up camp?
4. Who cuts a supply of firewood once the hunting party sets up camp in the valley?
5. Who carries Miller's supply of ammunition during the hunt?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)