|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller states that the people who come to collect the buffalo bones will use the bones for what purpose?
(b) Rein adornments.
(d) Marrow extraction.
2. How many buildings are described as making up the town of Butcher's Crossing?
3. How had Charley lost a part of his body?
(a) In a tanning accident.
(b) In a blacksmith accident.
(c) In a blizzard.
(d) In a coach accident.
4. What is the hotel clerk's reply when Andrews asks the clerk if he knows a man by a particular name?
(a) The clerk replies that he does know the man and so does everyone else.
(b) The clerk replies that they do not meet many strangers in Butcher's Crossing.
(c) The clerk replies that he will need to be paid for any information he provides.
(d) The clerk replies that he has never heard the name before.
5. McDonald asks Andrews for a favor before he leaves McDonald's presence. What is it?
(a) McDonald asks Andrews to bring news of Butcher's Crossing back to Boston.
(b) McDonald asks Andrews for a small loan.
(c) McDonald asks Andrews to tell his father hello on McDonald's behalf.
(d) McDonald asks Andrews to let him know if Andrews is going to be leaving on a hunting expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller tells Andrews that buffalo move toward a watering hole in what manner?
2. When the pain in Andrews's legs dulls after a few days, what word does the narrator use to describe how his legs feel?
3. Who starts the first campfire of the hunting expedition trip?
4. On what object does Andrews have to keep his eyes fixed in order to follow the hunting party once the land becomes flat?
5. What had Andrews been doing back east before traveling to Butcher's Crossing?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)