|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller tells Schneider that one time he had been snowed in all by himself in what state?
2. For how many days have the members of the hunting party gone without food by the time Miller rides up to look at the snow?
3. What adjective does Andrews use to describe the land around him, now that it is covered with snow?
4. Miller tells Andrews that buffalo move toward a watering hole in what manner?
(a) They visit the water in groups and take turns drinking.
(b) They converge upon the water no matter what types of animals are already drinking.
(c) They line up single file and then spread out as they come closer to the water.
(d) They run headlong toward the water and trample one another in the process.
5. What objects do the members of the hunting party use to create comfortable beds once they set up camp in the valley?
(b) Pine needles.
(d) Pussy willows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to cause Miller to decide to use the last of the party's water for the oxen and horses?
2. To what state does the trail that Schneider wants to follow toward water eventually lead?
3. What brand of rifle does Andrews use during the buffalo hunt?
4. For what reason does Miller say that the buffalo hunters they hear on the first night must not "have many hides" (76)?
5. After how many days of sleeping in a snow mound does Andrews wake to find snow everywhere upon the land?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)