|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up their items as Ellie and her group returns to the street where the kids dropped them?
2. How long does Ellie say they have from the moment they spot the motorbike patrol until the moment the soldiers are at the house?
3. What does Ellie tell Lee was her purpose for following him?
4. What does Lee say he told Reni about the group?
5. Which of the following is among the things Ellie says she does in an effort to improve the atmosphere?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ellie say she's worried about Lee is doing when he isn't at the house, and what is Lee's reaction when she asks what he's doing?
2. Describe what happens in the moments after Ellie and the others get out of the river.
3. What does Ellie say has changed about how she and Fi act as compared to how they were before the war?
4. Describe the two times Ellie sees the kids.
5. Describe what Ellie and the others see when the air raid begins on Stratton.
6. Why does Ellie want to make radio contact with Colonel Finley and what is her reaction after the call?
7. Describe the dream Ellie has about Lee and what she thinks it might mean.
8. What does Ellie want to do when they finish butchering the lamb, what does Fi say about it, and what is Ellie's comment about change on this topic?
9. What is the system the group has developed for cooking lamb?
10. What are some of the things Ellie and the others do to conceal the work they've done at her Grandma's house from the soldiers patrolling on motorbikes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellie gets a good look at the soldiers who are searching for them on the river while she's hiding on the riverbank. What is Ellie's attitude about hating the soldiers? Why does she have this attitude? Is this attitude in conflict to the damage she and the others had caused at the airfield? Why or why not? Are her attitudes believable?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lee? What is his history with Ellie? How is this history revealed? What takes Lee away from the group that puts him in danger? Describe how he escapes the situation. Is he a strong character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Food is a serious issue for the group and for the children left on their own in Stratton. Explain how some of the meals are gathered and prepared. What other options might the group have had in their efforts to provide food for themselves?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)