|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers are in the group that runs past Ellie and the others as they are hiding?
2. Ellie compares the Wirrawee Airfield to what?
3. Which of the following does Ellie NOT mention as having been dumped at the tip?
4. Where does Lee ride as the group makes its getaway after the explosion?
5. Why does Ellie say she hopes they are taken to Wirrawee if they are captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the tension between Ellie and Kevin resolved in chapter two?
2. Describe what happens when a jeep tries to intercept Ellie's truck before the explosions.
3. Where does Ellie say she might be if she weren't in the place they call Hell, and what might she be doing?
4. List two of the ways Ellie and Lee slow down or stop the jeeps that are following them?
5. Why doesn't Ellie shoot at the tanker when Fi is making her first shot, what's the result of that shot, and what does Ellie say about Fi's marksmanship?
6. What is the game Ellie plays with herself regarding the fallen trees and what is the result of that?
7. What is Ellie's attitude in chapter four regarding being caught?
8. What is the problem Ellie faces when she realizes three jeeps are chasing them, and how does she solve the problem?
9. How do Ellie and the others get from the hut into the truck?
10. What did Colonel Finley say about the importance of the airfield at Wirrawee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Kevin? What happens early in the story that affects Kevin's ability to help during the attack on the air field? How does Kevin recover? What kind of character is he? Do you consider him a weak character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider the main theme of the story? List three examples of that theme and explain why the theme is important to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Fi? How is she similar to Ellie? How is she different? What is Fi's role in the story? What are her strengths and weaknesses? What information is revealed about Fi's family prior to the war?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)