|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the door for the group to leave the hangar?
2. What does Ellie use to cover up the bodies of the officers and the blood on the floor?
3. How many are in the group of teenagers now living in Hell?
4. What does Kevin find in the little storage room?
5. What does Ellie say might have caused the capture or deaths of the twelve New Zealand guerrillas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to delay their shots when Fi and Ellie are finally in position to begin firing at the planes?
2. What did Colonel Finley say about the importance of the airfield at Wirrawee?
3. Describe what happens when a jeep tries to intercept Ellie's truck before the explosions.
4. Describe the building they are in when Ellie and the others get out of the truck.
5. Describe two of the memories Ellie has about the tip before the war.
6. Describe the near-miss with the airplane as the group is trying to get away in the garbage truck.
7. What does Ellie say her feelings are about the big truck after they stop?
8. What plans does Ellie say they make for this new endeavor and what does she say about her feelings with regard to these plans?
9. What does Ellie do after she kills the two officers?
10. What is the game Ellie plays with herself regarding the fallen trees and what is the result of that?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The group of children in Stratton is running wild, and Ellie notes they are missing out on a great deal because their parents are not present. Explain the situation and hardships the children are facing. What are some of the most things they are missing out on? What can be expected for the rest of their lives if an adult doesn't intervene?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ellie? What do you learn about Ellie from the story? What kind of character is she? What are her strengths and weaknesses? Is she believable? Likeable? Give examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Give an overview of the setting of this story and the events that have occurred to put Ellie and the others in their current situation. Is the setting real? Are the events real? Could there be some other setting or some other series of events that would lead to this same story?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)