|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie say to Kevin that she says is "stupid and unforgivable?"
2. Why does Homer say he wants to go to Stratton?
3. What does Ellie say was wrong with their water system on the farm the time they'd faced a wild fire?
4. What does Ellie say about the Bible's description of Hell?
5. Why does Ellie say she hopes they are taken to Wirrawee if they are captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the near-miss with the airplane as the group is trying to get away in the garbage truck.
2. Describe two of the memories Ellie has about the tip before the war.
3. List three facts about the trip down the river.
4. Where does Ellie say she might be if she weren't in the place they call Hell, and what might she be doing?
5. What are two of the things Ellie daydreams about during the time she's in the back of the truck?
6. Why doesn't Ellie shoot at the tanker when Fi is making her first shot, what's the result of that shot, and what does Ellie say about Fi's marksmanship?
7. List two of the ways Ellie and Lee slow down or stop the jeeps that are following them?
8. What is the problem Ellie and Lee face as they are trying to shoot at the jeeps that are following them and how does that work to their advantage?
9. What does Ellie remember about Homer's habits with regard to shooting when he was young? How did she feel about this action?
10. Describe what happens when a jeep tries to intercept Ellie's truck before the explosions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Fi? How is she similar to Ellie? How is she different? What is Fi's role in the story? What are her strengths and weaknesses? What information is revealed about Fi's family prior to the war?
Essay Topic 2
The group of children in Stratton is running wild, and Ellie notes they are missing out on a great deal because their parents are not present. Explain the situation and hardships the children are facing. What are some of the most things they are missing out on? What can be expected for the rest of their lives if an adult doesn't intervene?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Robyn? Who is Corrie? What is revealed about each? What does Ellie envy about Robyn? What does this indicate about Ellie? Would she feel differently in a different situation?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)