|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellie alert Homer when she finds their possessions on the ground?
(a) Calls out.
2. How does Ellie say the silence of the neighborhood is different now?
(a) It's an empty silence.
(b) There's a constant background of guns.
(c) She is different because she's killed people.
(d) There isn't a difference.
3. Why does Ellie say there doesn't seem to be much colonization in Stratton?
(a) There isn't enough work to keep people employed.
(b) There have been too many air raids.
(c) The people revolted and many died.
(d) There aren't enough soldiers to keep an eye on them.
4. What does Lee say he told Reni about the group?
(a) That they'll be leaving Stratton in a few days.
(c) That they live in Hell.
(d) That they are all cousins.
5. What is the building Ellie says she believes the kids are living in when she sees them a few days after catching the trout?
(a) A diner.
(b) A milk bar.
(c) A preschool.
(d) A library.
6. Who does Lee say he'd first thought Ellie was when he saw her in the burning barn?
(c) An angel.
7. What movie does Fi quote as she and Ellie are talking about love?
(a) Strangers on a Train.
(b) Fiddler on the Roof.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
8. Why does Ellie say New Zealanders hate possums?
(a) They aren't native to New Zealand.
(b) They are sometimes vicious.
(c) They carry diseases.
(d) There are superstitions about them.
9. What happens when the first trout hits Ellie's line at the trout farm?
(a) She falls.
(b) She screams.
(c) She hands the rod to Homer.
(d) She drops the rod.
10. Who releases the parking brake the second time?
11. What does Ellie do to distract the men who seem about to kill Lee?
(a) Honks a horn.
(c) Sets hay on fire.
(d) Causes sheep to run.
12. What is Homer's suggestion for Ellie to find out what Lee's doing when he's away from the house?
(a) Ask Lee.
(b) Ask Fi.
(c) Check for notes in his journal.
(d) Follow Lee.
13. When are the teens supposed to contact Finley again?
(a) The same time the next night.
(b) The next time they are able to attack.
(c) At sunrise the next morning.
(d) In an hour.
14. What does the woman who answers their radio communication say about Colonel Finley?
(a) That he's sent a rescue party looking for them.
(b) That he's sick.
(c) That he's been trasnferred.
(d) That he wants to talk to them.
15. How is Ellie first alerted the jeep is on its way to the ford?
(a) She smells the gas fumes.
(b) Kevin points it out.
(c) She sees it.
(d) She hears it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellie say her efforts to be nice don't always seem nice?
2. Why does Ellie say they return to the river the next morning to travel?
3. What is the whistle the members of Ellie's group uses for a signal?
4. What does Ellie tell Lee was her purpose for following him?
5. How many days does Ellie say they spend in Stratton?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)