|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are approaching the barn with guns?
2. What movie does Fi quote as she and Ellie are talking about love?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) Strangers on a Train.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) Fiddler on the Roof.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the group thinks they should contact the colonel?
(a) They want to hear a friendly voice.
(b) They need to give help getting back to Hell.
(c) The New Zealanders should know the enemy planes are destroyed.
(d) They want to be praised for destroying the planes.
4. Where does Ellie hide when the soldiers arrive at the river?
(a) About twenty feet up in a tree.
(b) In reeds along the edge of the river.
(c) By a fallen tree.
(d) In deep weeds.
5. What happens when the first trout hits Ellie's line at the trout farm?
(a) She hands the rod to Homer.
(b) She drops the rod.
(c) She falls.
(d) She screams.
6. What does Ellie say a hero in a book would do to solve the problem of their hunger?
(a) Catch a rabbit, fish, or dig up edible roots.
(b) Drink a lot of water to fill his tummy.
(c) Eat dirt.
(d) Find a pack filled with food.
7. Where does Ellie say she'd learned the most about life?
(a) From television.
(b) From school.
(c) From the war.
(d) From her parents.
8. What does Ellie remember about Homer's brother who was born when Homer was eight?
(a) He craved adult attention.
(b) He was wild.
(c) He lived only a couple of days.
(d) He was always hungry.
9. Why does Ellie say she was pleased to find sheep in a nearby field in chapter twenty?
(a) They can help hide Ellie's escape.
(b) There will be water in the pasture. Her heart.
(c) There will be a barn nearby where they can hide.
(d) They will provide food.
10. What does Ellie tell Lee was her purpose for following him?
(a) To be sure he was alright.
(b) She wasn't following but saw him near the barn.
(c) To be sure he wasn't cheating on her.
(d) To be sure he wasn't running a private war.
11. Why does Ellie say they left the radio at Grandma's house in the opening pages of chapter sixteen?
(a) The radio is too heavy for them to carry.
(b) They want Kevin to use it while they are away.
(c) They are afraid it will rain and the radio will get wet.
(d) They can't risk the kids getting it.
12. Why does Ellie say there doesn't seem to be much colonization in Stratton?
(a) The people revolted and many died.
(b) There aren't enough soldiers to keep an eye on them.
(c) There isn't enough work to keep people employed.
(d) There have been too many air raids.
13. What does the woman who answers their radio communication say about Colonel Finley?
(a) That he's been trasnferred.
(b) That he wants to talk to them.
(c) That he's sent a rescue party looking for them.
(d) That he's sick.
14. Who volunteers for the first sentry duty that night?
15. How many trout do the teens catch?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer does Ellie say they need to wait before they can head back for Hell?
2. What does Homer say when the girl asks where they have hidden their food?
3. What does Ellie assume they'll do when they arrive in Stratton?
4. What is the whistle the members of Ellie's group uses for a signal?
5. Why does Ellie say New Zealanders hate possums?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)