|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Fi quote as she and Ellie are talking about love?
(a) Fiddler on the Roof.
(b) Strangers on a Train.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
2. What does Lee say the girl named Reni did when the fighting started?
(a) Told him to run.
(b) Ran away.
(d) Begged the men to stop.
3. What does Lee say he told Reni about the group?
(b) That they'll be leaving Stratton in a few days.
(c) That they are all cousins.
(d) That they live in Hell.
4. What is the name of the neighborhood where Ellie's grandmother lived?
(a) Beam Doncaster.
(b) Moon Beam.
(c) Doncaster Crescent.
(d) Crescent Moon.
5. How does Ellie alert Homer when she finds their possessions on the ground?
(d) Calls out.
6. What is the building Ellie says she believes the kids are living in when she sees them a few days after catching the trout?
(a) A milk bar.
(b) A library.
(c) A diner.
(d) A preschool.
7. Who does Lee say he'd first thought Ellie was when he saw her in the burning barn?
(a) An angel.
8. What does Ellie say a hero in a book would do to solve the problem of their hunger?
(a) Find a pack filled with food.
(b) Drink a lot of water to fill his tummy.
(c) Catch a rabbit, fish, or dig up edible roots.
(d) Eat dirt.
9. What does Homer say when the girl asks where they have hidden their food?
(a) They aren't going to give up their food.
(b) They have food back at their hideout.
(c) They have food in their backpacks.
(d) They haven't eaten in three days.
10. Where does Ellie hide when the soldiers arrive at the river?
(a) By a fallen tree.
(b) About twenty feet up in a tree.
(c) In reeds along the edge of the river.
(d) In deep weeds.
11. Why does Ellie say they return to the river the next morning to travel?
(a) It's too hot to walk.
(b) They are too tired to walk.
(c) It's an effective means of travel.
(d) They are concealed there from the helicopters.
12. What does Ellie say she envies about Robyn?
(a) That religion gave her strength.
(b) That she reunited with her parents.
(c) That she was strong-willed.
(d) That she's now in Heaven.
13. What does Ellie say about the rules in this war zone where they're living?
(a) The rules of common courtesy still apply.
(b) The rules they'd learned in school are useless.
(c) The rules of self-preservation are most important.
(d) They are making them up as they go along.
14. What happens when the first trout hits Ellie's line at the trout farm?
(a) She hands the rod to Homer.
(b) She screams.
(c) She drops the rod.
(d) She falls.
15. What does Lee do that brings a halt to his conversation with Ellie about where he's been going and what he's doing?
(a) He goes to help Kevin in the garden.
(b) He goes into the bathroom and closes the door.
(c) He turns over, obviously going to sleep.
(d) He picks up his book and begins to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ellie surprised when two of the soldiers go back and pick up their guns?
2. What is the password Lee uses to contact Colonel Finley?
3. Why does Ellie say New Zealanders hate possums?
4. Why does Ellie say they left the radio at Grandma's house in the opening pages of chapter sixteen?
5. What happens with the food Ellie leaves out for the kids?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)