|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kevin say they should go to find some food?
(a) A sheep farm.
(b) A dairy farm.
(c) A trout farm.
(d) A turkey farm.
2. What instrument does Ellie say Lee played before the war?
3. What happens the first time Ellie tries to follow Lee?
(a) He sees her.
(b) She chickens out of following him.
(c) She loses him.
(d) She gets lost in the suburbs.
4. Why does Ellie say they return to the river the next morning to travel?
(a) They are concealed there from the helicopters.
(b) It's too hot to walk.
(c) They are too tired to walk.
(d) It's an effective means of travel.
5. Who does Lee say he'd first thought Ellie was when he saw her in the burning barn?
(b) An angel.
6. What is interesting about the dog named Cob that belonged to Ellie's grandmother?
(a) It slept on its back.
(b) It drank lying down.
(c) It growled while it drank.
(d) It could be hypnotised.
7. How long does Ellie remain in her hiding place after the others are motioning for her to join them?
(a) A few seconds.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) A half hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
8. What does Elliie say they call her Grandma's marmalade?
(a) Ma's marlade.
9. What does Ellie assume they'll do when they arrive in Stratton?
(a) Look for food.
(b) Look for Homer's parents.
(c) Wait for night and go on down the river.
(d) Look for transportation back to Hell.
10. What is the argument over the night after the group catches trout?
(a) How many to take back.
(b) Where to cook them.
(c) How to clean them.
(d) How to cook them.
11. Why does Lee say they should go to Ellie's grandmother's house?
(a) Ellie might find some of her family.
(b) Ellie's grandmother had a cache of guns.
(c) The soldiers wouldn't dare have messed with that house.
(d) Ellie knows the area.
12. Which of the following is NOT on the list of things Ellie and Homer say they've found?
(a) A lucky rabbit's foot.
(b) Ellie's watch.
(c) A hankie.
(d) A photo of Ellie's parents.
13. What does Lee say he told Reni about the group?
(a) That they live in Hell.
(b) That they are all cousins.
(d) That they'll be leaving Stratton in a few days.
14. Why does Ellie say New Zealanders hate possums?
(a) They aren't native to New Zealand.
(b) They are sometimes vicious.
(c) They carry diseases.
(d) There are superstitions about them.
15. What does Ellie tell Lee was her purpose for following him?
(a) To be sure he was alright.
(b) She wasn't following but saw him near the barn.
(c) To be sure he wasn't running a private war.
(d) To be sure he wasn't cheating on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trout do the teens catch?
2. What time is it when the group gets back to Ellie's Grandma's after butchering the lamb?
3. When are the teens supposed to contact Finley again?
4. What is Homer's suggestion for Ellie to find out what Lee's doing when he's away from the house?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the group thinks they should contact the colonel?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)