|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie say a hero in a book would do to solve the problem of their hunger?
(a) Eat dirt.
(b) Catch a rabbit, fish, or dig up edible roots.
(c) Drink a lot of water to fill his tummy.
(d) Find a pack filled with food.
2. What does Kevin find in the little storage room?
(a) Spare uniforms and personal supplies such as combs.
(b) A toilet and cleaning supplies.
(c) Shovels and hoes.
(d) Airplane fuel and tools.
3. Why does Fi say hiding in the truck is not an option for getting out of the hangar?
(a) The driver will surely check the back before he leaves.
(b) They can't be sure where the truck will go next.
(c) The truck might not leave for weeks.
(d) There isn't enough air in the truck and they'll suffocate.
4. Which of the following is NOT among the items Ellie takes from the dormitory?
5. How does Ellie know they are being shot at as she and the others are getting into the big garbage truck?
(a) Bullet holes appear in the truck.
(b) Lee tells her.
(c) A window breaks in the truck.
(d) She hears the shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee do with the radio when they are packing up to leave Hell?
2. What is the name of the river Ellie and the others use to get farther from the airport?
3. What does someone throw at Ellie as she was entering the house?
4. Ellie compares the Wirrawee Airfield to what?
5. What does Homer give Ellie as they get into the huge garbage truck after the explosion?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)