|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellie's reaction when she realizes Homer is going to try to ram the fence?
(a) She believes the truck will turn over.
(b) She knows they won't make it.
(c) She doesn't believe the truck is big enough to break through.
(d) She believes it's the right thing.
2. What is the name of the river Ellie and the others use to get farther from the airport?
(a) The Journey.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Heron.
(d) The Bluegill.
3. Why does Fi say hiding in the truck is not an option for getting out of the hangar?
(a) There isn't enough air in the truck and they'll suffocate.
(b) The truck might not leave for weeks.
(c) The driver will surely check the back before he leaves.
(d) They can't be sure where the truck will go next.
4. Why does Ellie say summer storms are the wildest?
(a) Because they usually include thunder.
(b) Because they're usually unexpected.
(c) Because there is often hail.
(d) Because Ellie and her friends are outdoors.
5. Why does Ellie say the river would be safer as it became darker?
(a) The soldiers won't be able to see them.
(b) The soldiers will be using spotlights, making it easy to see where they are.
(c) The soldiers will be too tired to pay close attention.
(d) The soldiers will give up and go back to base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vegetable does Ellie say Kevin looks like after they announce their plans to attack the airport?
2. What does Elliie say they call her Grandma's marmalade?
3. What does Ellie assume they'll do when they arrive in Stratton?
4. What does Ellie and the others see coming toward them when they are driving down the runway after the explosion?
5. Where does Ellie hide when the soldiers arrive at the river?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)