|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 & 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellie use to cover up the bodies of the officers and the blood on the floor?
2. What happens to end Ellie's daydreams about life on the ranch before the war?
(a) The driver begins to shout.
(b) Fi throws up.
(c) A helicopter flies over.
(d) The truck slows down.
3. What does Ellie say the first fuel tanker looks like as it "lumbers" toward the plane?
(a) A target.
(b) An old dinosaur.
(c) A rolling grease pit.
(d) A jack-in-the-box.
4. Who was Darryl?
(a) Ellie's uncle.
(b) The man who ran the dump before the war.
(c) The man who always traded junk with Ellie's dad.
(d) The man who dug out the Aga Ellie's father had dumped.
5. What does Lee say the soldiers are doing?
(b) Relaxing, playing cards, and watching television.
(c) Marching around.
(d) Returning from a hike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellie say they never camp directly beside a creek?
2. What is the first thing Ellie does after killing the two officers?
3. What month is it when Ellie and the others are in the truck?
4. What does Ellie say are the two problems after the truck rams the jeep, killing the occupants?
5. Where do Ellie and the others hide when the trucks arrive at the dump?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)