|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters are introduced in this act?
2. How did Dodge betray his family?
3. Who had a wooden leg?
4. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
5. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
2. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
3. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
4. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
5. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
6. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
7. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
8. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
9. Who is Vince's father?
10. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is not much said about Father Dewis. What kind of a man could Father Dewis have been? Why did he choose ministry as his profession? Should he stay as the minister of his parish? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bradley was not mentioned in the later part of the story. What could have happened to him? Where is he when all the chaos was happening?
Essay Topic 3
Dodge knew from the start that Halie was unfaithful to him. Even after learning that she has had an incestuous affair Dodge still continued to accept both Halie and Tilden. Is Dodge a great man, or a really stupid one? What does his actions tell us?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)