|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family hedge around?
2. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
3. How did Halie betray the family?
4. Who didn't remember Vince?
5. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
2. Where is Halie in Act 2?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
5. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
6. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
7. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
8. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
9. Who is Vince's father?
10. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage is something that can greatly change a person, whether for the better or for worse is dependent on the circumstances surrounding it. Is there any method to determine whether or not two persons are compatible with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Shelly and what is her personality? Was she too normal, hence she did not stand for the many weird circumstances around her? Was her reaction normal?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)