|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
3. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
4. Who spent their time upstairs?
5. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
2. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
3. Where is Halie in Act 2?
4. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
5. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
6. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
7. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
8. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
9. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
10. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shelly and what is her personality? Was she too normal, hence she did not stand for the many weird circumstances around her? Was her reaction normal?
Essay Topic 2
Identify symbols in the story and explain what these symbols could have meant.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)