|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the incestuous relationship?
2. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
3. What does Halie present herself to be?
4. Who is Shelly?
5. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
2. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
4. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
5. Where is Halie in Act 2?
6. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
7. Who is Vince's father?
8. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
9. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
10. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shelly and what is her personality? Was she too normal, hence she did not stand for the many weird circumstances around her? Was her reaction normal?
Essay Topic 2
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family had?
Essay Topic 3
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)