|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
2. Where was Halie in Act 2?
3. When is Ansel to come home?
4. Who is Shelly?
5. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
2. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
3. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
4. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
5. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
6. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
7. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
8. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
9. Where is Halie in Act 2?
10. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 3
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)