|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Halie in Act 2?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
4. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
5. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
2. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
4. Where is Halie in Act 2?
5. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
6. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
7. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
8. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
9. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
10. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 2
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family had?
Essay Topic 3
Tilden and Bradley both had unfortunate conditions. Was it because their family was dysfunctional, that prevents them from coping normally with society? Should they have sought help instead of coming back to their parents?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)