|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Halie in Act 2?
2. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
3. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
4. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
5. What does Halie present herself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
2. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
3. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
4. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
5. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
6. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
7. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
8. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
9. Who is Vince's father?
10. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is not much said about Father Dewis. What kind of a man could Father Dewis have been? Why did he choose ministry as his profession? Should he stay as the minister of his parish? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 3
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)