|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
2. Which part of Act 2 is autobiographical?
3. Which character should be blamed for everything that happened to the family?
4. Which of the following statements is true?
5. What part of this play reflects Sam Shepard's own life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should take care of who and why?
Essay Topic 2
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family has? Be sure to support your answer fully by using specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Dodge left all his belongings with Vince, except for his farm tools, which he wanted to be burned with him. Discuss the possible reasons why of all the many things he has (his couch, his security blanket), Dodge chooses his farm tools to be with him at his death.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)