|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
4. Who was on their way to Mexico?
5. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
2. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
4. Who is Vince's father?
5. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
6. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
7. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
8. Where is Halie in Act 2?
9. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
10. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family had?
Essay Topic 2
Dodge knew from the start that Halie was unfaithful to him. Even after learning that she has had an incestuous affair Dodge still continued to accept both Halie and Tilden. Is Dodge a great man, or a really stupid one? What does his actions tell us?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)