|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dodge send Vince?
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
3. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
4. Who is Shelly?
5. How did Dodge betray his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
2. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
3. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
4. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
5. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
6. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
7. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
8. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
9. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
10. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Let us look at the chosen setting for the story - a farm in Illinois. The chaos of the story greatly contrasts with the calm supposedly offered by a farm. Could a different setting have affected the story? Choose another setting and compare the impact with the farm setting.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Tilden and Bradley both had unfortunate conditions. Was it because their family was dysfunctional, that prevents them from coping normally with society? Should they have sought help instead of coming back to their parents?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)