|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. How happy was Tilden to see Vince again?
3. How did Halie betray the family?
4. How did mother and father behave towards their children?
5. What is the shocking and disastrous twist of this story about incest?
Essay Topic 1
Father Dewis was just barely mentioned in the whole story, yet he plays a very significant role in unraveling the mystery of the story. Analyze Father Dewis and his actions. Do you think he has many followers? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of discrimination in this story as shown through Halie's beliefs. What purpose does it serve in the whole story? What does it say about Halie's character? How did it further the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Tilden and Bradley both had unfortunate conditions. Is it because their family is so dysfunctional that prevents them from coping normally with society? Should they have sought help instead of coming back to their parents?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)