|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
2. What two characters are introduced in this act?
3. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
4. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
5. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
2. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
3. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
4. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
5. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
6. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
7. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
8. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
9. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
10. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Let us look at the chosen setting for the story - a farm in Illinois. The chaos of the story greatly contrasts with the calm supposedly offered by a farm. Could a different setting have affected the story? Choose another setting and compare the impact with the farm setting.
Essay Topic 3
Bradley was not mentioned in the later part of the story. What could have happened to him? Where is he when all the chaos was happening?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)