|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
4. Who didn't remember Vince?
5. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
2. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
3. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
4. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
5. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
6. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
7. Who is Vince's father?
8. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
9. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
10. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halie and Tilden had an incestuous affair that led to the birth of a baby boy, whom Dodge kills and buries in the backyard. Could this incident have triggered all the dysfunction in the family? Or was it already present from the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
Essay Topic 3
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)