|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
2. Who is Vince?
3. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
4. Who is Shelly?
5. Who had a wooden leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
2. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
3. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
4. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
5. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
6. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
7. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
8. Where is Halie in Act 2?
9. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
10. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halie and Tilden had an incestuous affair that led to the birth of a baby boy, whom Dodge kills and buries in the backyard. Could this incident have triggered all the dysfunction in the family? Or was it already present from the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family had?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)