|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Vince been gone?
2. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
3. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
4. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
5. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
2. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
3. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
4. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
5. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
6. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
7. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
8. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
9. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
10. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vince claims to be on his way to New Mexico and is just visiting? Is this true? Or could Vince have been planning all along to return and be the man of the land?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
Essay Topic 3
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)