|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Catholic bride?
2. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
4. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
5. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
2. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
3. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
4. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
5. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
6. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
7. Where is Halie in Act 2?
8. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
9. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
10. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Dewis was just barely mentioned in the whole story, yet he plays a very significant role in unraveling the mystery of the story. Analyze Father Dewis and his actions. Do you think he has many followers? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There is not much said about Father Dewis. What kind of a man could Father Dewis have been? Why did he choose ministry as his profession? Should he stay as the minister of his parish? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)