|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
2. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
3. Where did Dodge send Vince?
4. What does Halie present herself to be?
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
2. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
4. Who is Vince's father?
5. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
6. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
7. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
8. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
9. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
10. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
Essay Topic 2
Vince claims to be on his way to New Mexico and is just visiting? Is this true? Or could Vince have been planning all along to return and be the man of the land?
Essay Topic 3
Tilden's wife, or Vince's mother was never mentioned in the story. Who could it have been? Was it possible that Halie was Vince's mother and grandmother? What is the information that can support your answer?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)