|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the incestuous relationship?
2. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
4. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
5. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Vince's father?
2. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
3. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
4. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
5. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
6. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
7. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
8. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
9. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
10. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
Essay Topic 2
Marriage is something that can greatly change a person, whether for the better or for worse is dependent on the circumstances surrounding it. Is there any method to determine whether or not two persons are compatible with each other?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)