|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. Which statement best describes Dodge in Act 2?
3. How long had Vince been gone?
4. Which statement best describes Vince in Act 2?
5. Which of the following statements is true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halie and Tilden had an incestuous affair that led to the birth of a baby boy, whom Dodge kills and buries in the backyard. Could this incident have triggered all the dysfunction in the family? Or was it already present from the beginning? Be sure to support your answer fully by using specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should take care of who and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the juxtaposition of the complex familial relationship this story is based on versus the fact that it happens in a calm, serene setting of a large Illinois farm.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)