|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halie present herself to be?
2. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
3. How did Dodge betray his family?
4. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
5. Who had the incestuous relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
2. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
5. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
6. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
7. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
8. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
9. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
10. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dodge was described as someone who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in life, and who seemed to be passive. Yet, he had things under his control. Is Dodge as dumb as he appears to be? Or is he very cunning while plotting a revenge towards Halie over the years?
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol plays a major part in the story. In this story, is alcohol the cause of all the troubles? Or is it the outlet of the characters after all the troubles they have had?
Essay Topic 3
Father Dewis was just barely mentioned in the whole story, yet he plays a very significant role in unraveling the mystery of the story. Analyze Father Dewis and his actions. Do you think he has many followers? Why?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)