|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children reflects what in this play?
2. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
3. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
4. Ansel was a promising son of who?
5. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
2. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
3. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
4. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
5. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
6. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
7. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
8. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
9. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
10. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify symbols in the story and explain what these symbols could have meant.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)