|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to his leg?
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
3. What two characters are introduced in this act?
4. What does Halie present herself to be?
5. The children reflects what in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
2. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
5. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
6. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
7. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
8. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
9. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
10. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Shelly and what is her personality? Was she too normal, hence she did not stand for the many weird circumstances around her? Was her reaction normal?
Essay Topic 2
Bradley was not mentioned in the later part of the story. What could have happened to him? Where is he when all the chaos was happening?
Essay Topic 3
Identify symbols in the story and explain what these symbols could have meant.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)