|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. How did Halie betray the family?
3. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
4. Who was a Catholic bride?
5. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
2. Who is Vince's father?
3. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
4. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
5. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
6. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
7. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
8. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
9. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
10. Where is Halie in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tilden and Bradley both had unfortunate conditions. Was it because their family was dysfunctional, that prevents them from coping normally with society? Should they have sought help instead of coming back to their parents?
Essay Topic 2
Bradley was not mentioned in the later part of the story. What could have happened to him? Where is he when all the chaos was happening?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol plays a major part in the story. In this story, is alcohol the cause of all the troubles? Or is it the outlet of the characters after all the troubles they have had?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)