|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
2. Ansel was a promising son of who?
3. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
4. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
5. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
2. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
3. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
4. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
5. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
6. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
7. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
8. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
9. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
10. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol plays a major part in the story. In this story, is alcohol the cause of all the troubles? Or is it the outlet of the characters after all the troubles they have had?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)