|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dodge betray his family?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. Who didn't remember Vince?
4. Who was a Catholic bride?
5. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
2. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
3. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
4. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
5. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
6. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
7. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
8. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
9. Where is Halie in Act 2?
10. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tilden and Bradley both had unfortunate conditions. Was it because their family was dysfunctional, that prevents them from coping normally with society? Should they have sought help instead of coming back to their parents?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
Essay Topic 3
Tilden and Bradley seem to have different personalities. Tilden seems mild while Bradley was clearly described as an aggressive fellow. Is there a possibility that they have different fathers? What are the circumstances in the story supporting your theory?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)