|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Ansel to come home?
2. Who was on their way to Mexico?
3. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
4. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
5. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
2. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
5. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
6. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
7. Who is Vince's father?
8. Where is Halie in Act 2?
9. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
10. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol plays a major part in the story. In this story, is alcohol the cause of all the troubles? Or is it the outlet of the characters after all the troubles they have had?
Essay Topic 2
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)