|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
2. Why does Father Dewis come by?
3. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
4. Who did Halie say this about? "I had no idea he would be that much trouble".
5. Who owned this farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
2. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
3. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
4. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
5. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
6. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
7. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
8. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
9. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
10. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tilden's wife, or Vince's mother was never mentioned in the story. Who could it have been? Was it possible that Halie was Vince's mother and grandmother? What is the information that can support your answer?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage is something that can greatly change a person, whether for the better or for worse is dependent on the circumstances surrounding it. Is there any method to determine whether or not two persons are compatible with each other?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)