|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
2. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
3. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
4. What is primary character does Halie portray?
5. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
2. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
3. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
4. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
5. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
6. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
7. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
8. In the first act, where are the characters?
9. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
10. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Halie and Tilden had an incestuous affair that led to the birth of a baby boy, whom Dodge kills and buries in the backyard. Could this incident have triggered all the dysfunction in the family? Or was it already present from the beginning?
Essay Topic 2
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tilden and Bradley. Who should care of who and why?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)