|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
2. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
3. Who spent time in jail?
4. How does Halie treat Dodge?
5. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
2. What are we told happened to Ansel?
3. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
4. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
5. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
6. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
7. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
8. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
9. In the first act, where are the characters?
10. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
Essay Topic 3
There is not much said about Father Dewis. What kind of a man could Father Dewis have been? Why did he choose ministry as his profession? Should he stay as the minister of his parish? Why?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)