|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
2. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
3. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
4. What is the main theme of this play?
5. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are we told happened to Ansel?
2. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
3. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
4. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
5. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
6. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
7. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. What might be Bradley's reasons for being so mean?
10. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vince was left with the farm and the house. What can the future be with Vince as the head of the family? Paint scenarios based on what the story says about Vince.
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between Bradley and Tilden was strained because of the brokenness of their father's and mother's relationship. How much of the dysfunction was due to the betrayal?
Essay Topic 3
Halie's dead son Ansel is obviously favored by her. Do you think things would have been different if Ansel was alive? Could Ansel's death have triggered the many problems the family had?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)