|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character was on stage during Act one?
2. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
3. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
4. What happened to Ansel?
5. Who has a security blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
2. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
3. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
4. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
5. In the first act, where are the characters?
6. What are we told happened to Ansel?
7. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
8. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
9. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
10. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Halie despise the Catholics? Is there a reason for her to do so?
Essay Topic 2
Marriage is something that can greatly change a person, whether for the better or for worse is dependent on the circumstances surrounding it. Is there any method to determine whether or not two persons are compatible with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol plays a major part in the story. In this story, is alcohol the cause of all the troubles? Or is it the outlet of the characters after all the troubles they have had?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)