|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spent their time upstairs?
2. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His father a Christain.
(b) His father was an alcoholic.
(c) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(d) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
3. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
4. Who had a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis.
5. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(b) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(c) Cut Dodge's hair.
(d) Met with Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
2. How did Halie betray the family?
3. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
4. What did Shelly try to do?
5. Ansel was a promising son of who?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
2. Who is Vince's father?
3. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
4. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
5. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
6. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
7. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
8. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
9. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
10. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)