|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(b) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(c) Cut Dodge's hair.
(d) Met with Father Dewis.
2. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) A brother and a sister.
(b) A priest and Shelly.
(c) A father and his daughter.
(d) The incest between a mother and her son.
3. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(b) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
(c) It brought joy to the family.
(d) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
4. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the pantry.
(b) From Halie.
(c) From Father Dewis.
(d) From the kitchen table.
5. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Ansel and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Halie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ansel?
2. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
3. Who is Shelly?
4. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
5. What happened to his leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
2. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
4. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
5. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
6. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
7. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
8. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
9. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
10. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)