|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The farm in New Mexico.
(c) The tools to work the agrden.
(d) Their aspirations.
2. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) A brother and a sister.
(b) The incest between a mother and her son.
(c) A priest and Shelly.
(d) A father and his daughter.
3. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She wroked in the chruch.
(b) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(c) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(d) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
4. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(a) New Mexico.
5. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Vince and Shelly.
(b) Halie and Dodge.
(c) Ansel and his wife.
(d) Bradley and Tilden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
2. What did Tilden say about Vince?
3. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
4. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
5. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
2. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
3. Who is Vince's father?
4. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
5. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
6. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
7. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
8. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
9. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
10. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)