|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of this play?
2. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Father Dewis's face.
(b) The face of Ansel.
(c) Dodge's smile.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
3. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Bradley's mother.
(b) Ansel's wife.
(c) Tilden's wife.
(d) Vince's girlfriend.
4. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(a) Father Dewis.
5. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From Father Dewis.
(b) From the pantry.
(c) From Halie.
(d) From the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
2. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
3. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
4. Where was Halie in Act 2?
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
2. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
3. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
4. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
5. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
6. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
7. Where is Halie in Act 2?
8. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
9. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
10. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)