|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
(b) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
(c) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(d) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(c) One still alive.
4. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
(b) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
(c) A caring and loving wife and mother.
(d) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
5. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) Was not good enough for her.
(b) He was more like a brother.
(c) He always went for a bottle.
(d) That he saw a small face inside his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters are introduced in this act?
2. What did Shelly try to do?
3. How did Halie betray the family?
4. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
5. Where was Halie in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the proof that Shelly is sympathetic to Tilden?
2. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
3. Where is Halie in Act 2?
4. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
5. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
6. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
7. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
8. Who is Vince's father?
9. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
10. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)