|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the story?
(a) The story depicts betrayal of many kinds.
(b) All the characters in the story are honest people.
(c) The story focuses only on one case of betrayal.
(d) The story deals with corruption in the government.
2. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(b) Father Dewis.
3. Which statement best describes the situation in the story?
(a) It has multiple levels of incest.
(b) It is not a typical incest story.
(c) It follows the typical incest pattern.
(d) Incest is not a key factor in the story.
4. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) He said that he thought he saw a small face inside Vince's face.
(b) He said that he saw Father Dewis' face in Vince's face.
(c) He said that he saw Ansel's face in Vince's face.
(d) He said that he saw Dodge's face in Vince's face.
5. What does the family hedge around?
(a) A dark family secret that Tilden hinted at.
(b) Ansel has a son.
(c) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(d) Bradley has a baby and he is keeping it somewhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Shelly and Vince have?
2. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
3. Which part of Act 2 is autobiographical?
4. What did Dodge ask Vince to do for him?
5. What is the theme of this play?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)