|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) How much they miss Ansel.
(b) The brokeness of the family structure.
(c) Their hunger for vegetables.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Ansel and Halie.
3. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
4. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(b) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
(c) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
(d) A caring and loving wife and mother.
5. Who spent their time upstairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
3. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
4. Who was a Catholic bride?
5. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
2. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
5. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
6. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
7. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
8. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
9. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
10. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)