|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Bradley and Tilden.
(b) Vince and Shelly.
(c) Ansel and his wife.
(d) Halie and Dodge.
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
(b) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(c) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
(d) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
3. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(b) Peas and potatoes.
4. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Tilden and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Ansel and Halie.
(d) Father Dewis and Shelly.
5. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ansel was a promising son of who?
2. The children reflects what in this play?
3. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
4. How long had Vince been gone?
5. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
2. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
3. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
4. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
5. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
6. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
7. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
8. Where is Halie in Act 2?
9. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
10. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)