|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
2. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Father Dewis and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Vince.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
3. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Halie's girlfriend.
(b) Bradley's brother.
(c) Vince and Shelly.
(d) Ansel's brother.
4. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) A horse breeder.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(d) A farmer.
5. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the kitchen table.
(b) From Halie.
(c) From Father Dewis.
(d) From the pantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
2. How did Halie betray the family?
3. What does Halie present herself to be?
4. Who had the incestuous relationship?
5. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
2. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
3. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
4. Who is Vince's father?
5. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
6. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
7. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
8. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
9. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
10. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)