|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) How much they miss Ansel.
(b) Their hunger for vegetables.
(c) The brokeness of the family structure.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
2. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(c) Father Dewis.
3. Who had a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis.
4. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the store buying whiskey.
(d) With Vince in Dodge's house.
5. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Father Dewis's wife.
(b) Ansel's wife.
(c) Dodge's girfriend.
(d) Bradley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
3. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
4. How long had Vince been gone?
5. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
2. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
3. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
4. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
5. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
6. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
7. Where is Halie in Act 2?
8. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
9. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
10. Who are the new characters introduced in Act 2?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)