|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vince?
(a) Bradley's son.
(b) Tilden's friend.
(c) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(d) Father Dewis' partner.
2. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(d) One still alive.
3. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Play tricks.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Turned her back on him.
(d) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
4. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(b) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(c) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(d) The letter from Father Dewis.
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Bradley's brother.
(b) Ansel's brother.
(c) Halie's girlfriend.
(d) Vince and Shelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of this play?
2. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
3. Where did Dodge send Vince?
4. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
5. Who spent their time upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
2. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
3. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
4. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
5. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
6. Where is Halie in Act 2?
7. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
8. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
9. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
10. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)