|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A horse breeder.
(d) Her brother.
2. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(d) Father Dewis.
3. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Cut Dodge's hair.
(b) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(c) Met with Father Dewis.
(d) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
4. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Ansel and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
5. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(b) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
(c) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(d) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
2. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
3. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
4. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
5. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Vince's father?
2. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
3. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
4. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
5. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
6. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
7. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
8. Was there anything that possibly indicated Tilden's recognition of Vince?
9. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
10. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)