|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her minister and lover.
2. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Bradley and Vince.
(b) Dodge and Halie.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Father Dewis and Halie.
3. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(b) When will Bradley be home?
(c) Who is this Father Dewis?
(d) Where is Ansel?
4. Who is Shelly?
(a) Tilden's sister.
(b) Bradley's wife.
(c) Vince's sister.
(d) Vince's girlfriend.
5. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who didn't remember Vince?
2. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
3. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
4. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
5. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
2. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
3. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
4. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
5. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
6. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
7. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
8. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
9. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
10. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)