|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shelly?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Vince's sister.
(c) Bradley's wife.
(d) Tilden's sister.
2. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
3. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(b) A dark family secret.
(c) Ansel has a son.
(d) Bradley has a baby.
4. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Bradley's wife.
(c) Father Dewis's wife.
(d) Dodge's girfriend.
5. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) To get vegetables of Tilden.
(b) To get a bottle of whiskey.
(c) Flowers for Shelly
(d) Flowers for Halie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
3. Ansel was a promising son of who?
4. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
5. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
2. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
3. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
4. Was Vince upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
5. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
6. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
7. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
8. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
9. Where is Halie in Act 2?
10. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)