|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The tools to work the agrden.
(c) The farm in New Mexico.
(d) Their aspirations.
2. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) Covering her head with a blanket..
(b) The promises of the church.
(c) By failing to keep her responsibility's to her husband.
(d) The family's history.
3. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(c) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(d) The letter from Father Dewis.
4. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His father a Christain.
(b) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
(c) His father was an alcoholic.
(d) His mother had an affair with her minister.
5. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Met with Father Dewis.
(b) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(c) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(d) Cut Dodge's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Vince?
2. Who was on their way to Mexico?
3. Who was a Catholic bride?
4. What happened to his leg?
5. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
2. What was Tilden referring to when he was refered to the little baby's disappearance?
3. Was it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he came for a visit?
4. What could Vince have meant by his remark about betraying family taboos?
5. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
6. What is an indication that Vince was upset over the fact that he was not recognized by his father and grandfather?
7. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
8. Did Vince's efforts bring positive results?
9. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
10. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)