|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Tilden and Halie.
(b) Dodge and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Vince.
(d) Father Dewis and Halie.
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
(b) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(c) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(d) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
3. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(d) One still alive.
4. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) At the church.
(b) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(c) At the store buying whiskey.
(d) In New Mexico.
5. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(b) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(c) Met with Father Dewis.
(d) Cut Dodge's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
2. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
3. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
4. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
5. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Shelly's attitude and behavior throughout the visit?
2. What was the relationship between Fahter Dewis and Halie?
3. What could have Tilden meant when he remarked that he saw a face within Vince's face?
4. Was there any indication that Tilden resentful or unfriendly towards Shelly?
5. Where is VInce and Shelly going?
6. Where do you think Act 2 takes place in?
7. Where is Halie in Act 2?
8. What are the efforts Vince did to make hoping his father and grandfather would recognize him?
9. What could Tilden have meant when he was talking about having no hymn for the baby's disappearance?
10. Dodge persuades Vince to take what from the table?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)