|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
(a) Father Drewis.
2. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Halie and Father Dewis.
(b) Dodge and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
3. Dodge said this to who? "Don't go outside. There's nothing out there."
(d) Father Dewis.
4. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Tilden's return
(c) Bradley's return
(d) Since the death of Ansel
5. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
(a) His life is confinded to the couch, television, and a bottle.
(b) He is devoted to his children.
(c) He is very active and loves to jog.
(d) He is proud of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
2. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
3. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
4. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
5. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
2. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
3. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
4. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
5. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
6. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
7. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. In the first act, where are the characters?
10. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)