|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
(b) Father Dewis.
2. Why does Sam Shepard write about this type of family?
(a) He enjoys sharing gardening tips.
(b) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
(c) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(d) It is dysfunctional like his own family.
3. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
(b) Father Dewis.
4. Why did Sam Shepard choose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) It was a contrast between fertile farming and the deterioration of this family.
(b) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(c) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(d) He was sure Dodge would rally in the end.
5. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
2. How does Halie treat Dodge?
3. How can one tell that Halie is somewhat afraid of Bradley?
4. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two?"
5. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halie's participation in appeasing Vince's anger? What does this say about Halie?
2. Where is Halie while everything is happening in Act 2?
3. Who do you think is the best heir to Dodge's possessions, specifically the farm and the house?
4. What does Dodge feel during Vince's visit?
5. Explain the circumstances that bring Vince and Shelly to the farmhouse. What does this say about Vince's relationship with his family?
6. How does Halie behave towards her two sons?
7. What happens to Halie after the secret is revealed?
8. What kind of a minister is Father Dewis?
9. Describe how the lost baby is found and discuss the ironies and contrasts in this.
10. How does Vince feel about his family's reactions towards him?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)