|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
2. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When the priest had a gun.
(b) When he kissed the bride.
(c) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
(d) When Dodge cried.
3. What is the main theme of this play?
(a) The best way to grow vegtables.
(b) The dysfunction of this family.
(c) How to be a strong Christian.
(d) The virtue of marriage.
4. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The church.
(b) The vegtable garden.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The back yard.
5. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Bradley.
(c) Halie and Father Drewis.
(d) Halie and and Dodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
2. Who is Ansel?
3. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
4. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
5. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
2. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
3. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
4. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
5. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
6. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
7. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
8. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
9. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
10. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)