|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(b) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(c) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(d) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
2. Who has a security blanket?
3. Who has a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis
4. Halie pretends to care for who?
5. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Bradley and James.
(b) Tilden and Bradley.
(c) John and Tilden.
(d) Father Dewis and Tilden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Illinois?
2. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
3. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
4. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
5. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
2. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
3. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
4. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
5. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
6. In the first act, where are the characters?
7. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
8. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
9. What might be Bradley's reasons for being so mean?
10. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)