Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halie pretends to care for who?
2. Who was an All-American half-back with a bright future ahead?
(d) Father Dewis.
3. How can one tell that Halie is somewhat afraid of Bradley?
(a) She stays with her neighbor.
(b) She runs upstairs when he shows up.
(c) She doesn't go out of the bedroom.
(d) She doesn't want him to get upset over a disarrayed house.
4. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
5. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(b) She had a very good herb garden.
(c) She loved to make quilts.
(d) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
2. According to Dodge, how long has it been since the garden has been worked?
3. Halie tells Dodge they have to take care of someone. Who is she talking about?
4. Why is Ansel not around anymore?
5. Who had an incestuous relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the lost baby is found and discuss the ironies and contrasts in this.
2. What could Halie have felt when Dodge finally revealed their secret?
3. Describe the first character to appear in Act 1. How do you picture him/her?
4. What is Halie's participation in appeasing Vince's anger? What does this say about Halie?
5. How does Dodge talk to his wife about her past relationship, and how does each feel about her old boyfriend?
6. What is Dodge and Halie hiding from their children? What does this imply about their relationship?
7. Describe Vince in Act 3.
8. Who do you think is the best heir to Dodge's possessions, specifically the farm and the house?
9. Describe Dodge's behavior towards Vince in Act 3.
10. Describe Shelly's predicament when she stays in Dodge's house.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)