|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dodge said this to who? "Don't go outside. There's nothing out there."
(b) Father Dewis.
2. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
3. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) Dodge's trust for his wife.
(b) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(c) Halie's devotion to her children.
(d) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
4. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Since the death of Ansel
(b) Bradley's return
(c) Thirty years
(d) Tilden's return
5. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The vegtable garden.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
2. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
3. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
4. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
5. How does Halie treat Dodge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
2. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
3. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
4. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
5. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
6. What are we told happened to Ansel?
7. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
8. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
9. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
10. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)