|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Dodge's life?
(a) He is proud of his wife.
(b) He is devoted to his children.
(c) His life is confined to the couch, television, and a bottle.
(d) He is very active and loves to jog.
2. Who were revealed to be having an adulterous affair?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and and Dodge.
3. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(b) Joy overflows their relationship.
(c) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(d) She is faithful to her vows.
4. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
5. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
(b) That Tilden was a practicing Catholic.
(c) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(d) A light reference to a dark family secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Dewis come by?
2. Who usually comes home drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
3. Why is Ansel not around anymore?
4. What significant place is in Illinois?
5. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
2. What happens to Dodge after he reveals the secret? Why do you think this happened?
3. Who do you think is the best heir to Dodge's possessions, specifically the farm and the house?
4. What is Dodge and Halie hiding from their children? What does this imply about their relationship?
5. How would you describe the overall feel of Act 3?
6. Why is Halie frustrated with the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
7. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1. How do you picture him?
8. Describe the first character to appear in Act 1. How do you picture him/her?
9. How does Act 3 end? Is it an appropriate ending to the story?
10. Is it easy for Vince to connect with his family when he comes to visit?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)