|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in New Mexico?
(a) Father Dewis.
2. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(c) Father Dewis.
3. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(b) That Tilden was a practising Catholic.
(c) A light reference to a dark family secret.
(d) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
4. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
(b) Father Dewis.
5. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(a) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father Dewis come by?
2. Who has a security blanket?
3. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
4. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
5. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
2. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
3. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
4. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
5. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
6. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
7. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. In the first act, where are the characters?
10. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)