|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(a) New Mexico
2. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
(a) She doesn't want him to get wet in the rain.
(b) Dodge will hide from him.
(c) Bradley will cut his hair.
(d) Father Dewis will pray for him.
3. Halie pretends to care for who?
4. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
(a) Planning for Ansel's saint hood
(b) Planning a monument for Ansel
(c) Dodge's funeral
(d) A memorial service for Bradley
5. Who spent time in jail?
(b) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
2. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
3. What character was on stage during Act one?
4. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
5. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
2. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
3. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
4. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
5. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
6. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
7. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
8. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
9. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
10. What are we told happened to Ansel?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)