|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
2. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
3. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(c) Father Dewis.
4. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(a) The backyard.
(b) The living room on the sofa.
(d) The back porch.
5. What character was on stage during Act one?
(c) Father Drewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
2. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
3. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
4. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
5. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
2. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
3. What are we told happened to Ansel?
4. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
5. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
6. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
7. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
8. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
9. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
10. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)