|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a security blanket?
2. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
(c) Father Dewis.
3. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Tilden's return
(b) Since the death of Ansel
(c) Thirty years
(d) Bradley's return
4. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When Dodge cried.
(b) When the priest had a gun.
(c) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
(d) When he kissed the bride.
5. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
(a) He is devoted to his children.
(b) He is very active and loves to jog.
(c) His life is confinded to the couch, television, and a bottle.
(d) He is proud of his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
2. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
3. What is the main theme of this play?
4. Who spent time in jail?
5. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
2. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
3. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
4. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
5. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
6. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
7. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
8. What are we told happened to Ansel?
9. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
10. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)