|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(b) The backporch overlooking the garden.
(c) Living room in an Illinois farm house.
(d) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
2. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(d) New Mexico
3. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
(a) The Baby.
(b) Father Dewis.
4. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
5. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spent time in jail?
2. Who did Halie say this about? "I had no idea he would be that much trouble".
3. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
4. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
5. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
2. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
3. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
4. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
5. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
6. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
7. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
8. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
9. In the first act, where are the characters?
10. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)