|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(b) Ansel's wife
2. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Ansel.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and Tilden.
3. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(b) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(c) She is faithful to her vows.
(d) Joy overflows their relationship.
4. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(b) The back porch.
(c) The living room on the sofa.
(d) The backyard.
5. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(d) Father Drewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
2. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
3. Who is Ansel?
4. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
5. What set off this family toward disaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
2. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
3. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
4. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
5. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
6. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
7. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
10. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)