|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dodge said this to who? "Don't go outside. There's nothing out there."
(c) Father Dewis.
2. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(c) New Mexico.
3. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
(a) The Baby.
(b) Father Dewis.
4. Halie pretends to care for who?
5. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
(c) Father Drewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
2. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
3. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
4. Who was in New Mexico?
5. Who owned this farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
2. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
3. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
4. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
5. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
6. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
7. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
10. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)