|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(a) Father Dewis.
2. Who was in New Mexico?
(a) Father Dewis.
3. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
4. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(b) She loved to make quilts.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) She had a very good herb garden.
5. What character was on stage during Act one?
(a) Father Drewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
2. What is primary character does Halie portray?
3. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
4. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
5. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
2. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
3. What are we told happened to Ansel?
4. In the first act, where are the characters?
5. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
6. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
7. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
8. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
9. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
10. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)