|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The vegtable garden.
(c) The church.
(d) The back yard.
2. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Since the death of Ansel
(c) Tilden's return
(d) Bradley's return
3. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(d) New Mexico
4. What is primary character does Halie portray?
(a) Morning Ansel.
(b) Committed to Bradley.
(c) Devoted to Tilden.
(d) Promiscuous and self centered.
5. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(d) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
2. Who was in New Mexico?
3. Why does Father Dewis come by?
4. Who is Ansel?
5. What is in Illinois?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Halie resent the Catholics?
2. What are we told happened to Ansel?
3. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
4. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
5. What is Halie's frustration over the two brothers, Tilden and Bradley?
6. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
7. How do the family members get along in the first act of this play?
8. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
9. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
10. In the first act, where are the characters?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)