|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Halie.
2. Who owned this farm?
(a) Ansel, because he spent his life preparing the land to harvest.
(b) Tilden, because he had a vegetable garden.
(c) Bradley, since he repesented ordor to this family.
(d) Dodge, he was the father and husband.
3. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(d) Father Dewis.
4. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The vegtable garden.
(c) The back yard.
(d) The church.
5. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
(a) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(b) Enjoys sharing gardening tips.
(c) It is dysfunctonial like his own family.
(d) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is primary character does Halie portray?
2. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
3. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
4. Why does Father Dewis come by?
5. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
2. What is Halie's predication about Bradley and the corn husks on the floor?
3. What might be Bradley's reasons for being so mean?
4. What explanation does Halie for spending time with Father Dewis?
5. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
6. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
7. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
8. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
9. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
10. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)