|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(d) New Mexico
2. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
(a) Father Drewis.
3. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Flowers for Halie.
(c) Soil for house plants.
(d) Garden tools.
4. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
5. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When the priest had a gun.
(b) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
(c) When Dodge cried.
(d) When he kissed the bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Illinois?
2. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
3. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
4. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
5. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
2. Where is Tilden prohibited from going to?
3. What is Halie's way of showing her apparent concern for Dodge?
4. What is Tilden's condition when he gets back from his stay in New Mexico?
5. How are Dodge and Halie presented in the first act?
6. What proves that Halie is far from a care taking wife?
7. What are we told happened to Ansel?
8. Why do you think Tilden acts the way he does?
9. In the first act, where are the characters?
10. What's one indication that Tilden is not his self and disturbed?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)