|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Met with Father Dewis.
(b) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(c) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(d) Cut Dodge's hair.
2. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) It brought joy to the family.
(b) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
(c) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(d) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
3. Who was Ansel?
(a) Tilden and Halie's son.
(b) Dodge and Halie's son.
(c) Bradley and Shelly's brothe.r
(d) Dodge and Shelly's son.
4. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) The baby. The Little baby.
(b) Ansel's death.
(c) Bradley's accident.
(d) His time in jail.
5. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Ansel and Halie.
6. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(c) New Mexico.
7. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(b) She wroked in the chruch.
(c) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(d) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
8. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(b) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(c) Bradley became a father.
(d) A baby boy was born.
9. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Halie and Dodge.
(b) Vince and Shelly.
(c) Bradley and Tilden.
(d) Ansel and his wife.
10. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(c) Peas and potatoes.
11. Who had a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis.
12. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) The brokeness of the family structure.
(b) How much they miss Ansel.
(c) Their hunger for vegetables.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
13. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Tilden and Halie.
(b) Father Dewis and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Vince.
14. What happened to his leg?
(a) Lost it in the backyard.
(b) Lost it in New Mexico.
(c) Cut off with a chain saw.
(d) Lost it on his honeymoon.
15. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) I saw a small face within his face.
(b) Dodge's smile.
(c) Father Dewis's face.
(d) The face of Ansel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
2. How long had Vince been gone?
3. What is the theme of this play?
4. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)