|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(d) Father Dewis.
2. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(a) Father Dewis.
3. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Vince's girlfriend.
(c) Bradley's mother.
(d) Tilden's wife.
4. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Bradley has a baby.
(b) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(c) Ansel has a son.
(d) A dark family secret.
5. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) Covering her head with a blanket..
(b) By failing to keep her responsibility's to her husband.
(c) The promises of the church.
(d) The family's history.
6. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Play tricks.
(b) Turned her back on him.
(c) Helped him carry the carrots.
(d) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
7. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) A horse breeder.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Her daughter's boyfriend.
8. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
9. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) Their hunger for vegetables.
(b) The brokeness of the family structure.
(c) How much they miss Ansel.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
10. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Ansel and his wife.
(b) Halie and Dodge.
(c) Vince and Shelly.
(d) Bradley and Tilden.
11. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Vince.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Father Dewis and Halie.
12. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(b) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(c) A baby boy was born.
(d) Bradley became a father.
13. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the pantry.
(b) From the kitchen table.
(c) From Halie.
(d) From Father Dewis.
14. Who is Shelly?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Vince's sister.
(c) Tilden's sister.
(d) Bradley's wife.
15. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(b) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
2. Who had a wooden leg?
3. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
4. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
5. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)