|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg?
(b) Father Dewis.
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
(b) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(c) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(d) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
3. Who is Vince?
(a) Tilden's friend.
(b) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(c) Father Dewis' partner.
(d) Bradley's son.
4. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Turned her back on him.
(d) Play tricks.
5. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(b) Bradley became a father.
(c) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(d) A baby boy was born.
6. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(b) The minister, and friend.
(c) The host of the church meetings.
(d) A city man trying to learn to farm.
7. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Father Dewis's face.
(b) Dodge's smile.
(c) I saw a small face within his face.
(d) The face of Ansel.
8. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(b) His father a Christain.
(c) His father was an alcoholic.
(d) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
9. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) To get vegetables of Tilden.
(b) Flowers for Halie.
(c) To get a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Flowers for Shelly
10. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Ansel has a son.
(b) Bradley has a baby.
(c) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(d) A dark family secret.
11. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
12. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(d) One still alive.
13. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(d) Peas and potatoes.
14. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Vince and Halie.
(c) Halie and Tilden.
(d) Dodge and Shelly.
15. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
2. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
3. How long had Vince been gone?
4. When is Ansel to come home?
5. The children reflects what in this play?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)