|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who didn't remember Vince?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Tilden.
(d) Tilden and Bradley.
2. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) At the store buying whiskey.
(c) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(d) At the church.
3. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(c) One still alive.
4. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(b) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
(c) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
(d) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
5. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(b) A horse breeder.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Her brother.
6. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(b) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(c) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
(d) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
7. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(b) A baby boy was born.
(c) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(d) Bradley became a father.
8. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(c) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(d) The letter from Father Dewis.
9. What happened to his leg?
(a) Lost it on his honeymoon.
(b) Cut off with a chain saw.
(c) Lost it in the backyard.
(d) Lost it in New Mexico.
10. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(a) New Mexico.
11. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the kitchen table.
(b) From Father Dewis.
(c) From Halie.
(d) From the pantry.
12. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
(b) The one that is still a farmer.
13. How long had Vince been gone?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Three years.
14. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) Dodge and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Vince.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
15. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(b) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(c) She wroked in the chruch.
(d) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Halie betray the family?
2. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
3. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
4. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
5. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)