|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
(b) It brought joy to the family.
(c) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
(d) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
2. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(b) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(c) Bradley became a father.
(d) A baby boy was born.
3. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
4. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) Bradley's accident.
(b) Ansel's death.
(c) The baby. The Little baby.
(d) His time in jail.
5. How long had Vince been gone?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Fourteen years.
6. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Ansel's brother.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Bradley's brother.
(d) Vince and Shelly.
7. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(c) The host of the church meetings.
(d) A city man trying to learn to farm.
8. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
9. Who is Vince?
(a) Father Dewis' partner.
(b) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(c) Tilden's friend.
(d) Bradley's son.
10. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A horse breeder.
(d) Her daughter's boyfriend.
11. Who didn't remember Vince?
(a) Tilden and Bradley.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Tilden.
(d) Halie and Tilden.
12. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(c) New Mexico.
13. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Vince.
15. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(c) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dodge betray his family?
2. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
3. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
4. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
5. Who was Ansel?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)