|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(b) New Mexico.
2. What happened to his leg?
(a) Cut off with a chain saw.
(b) Lost it on his honeymoon.
(c) Lost it in the backyard.
(d) Lost it in New Mexico.
3. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) The incest between a mother and her son.
(b) A brother and a sister.
(c) A priest and Shelly.
(d) A father and his daughter.
4. Who didn't remember Vince?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Tilden.
(d) Tilden and Bradley.
5. How did Dodge betray his family?
(a) By giving the farm to Bradley.
(b) By growing vetables for Tilden to pick.
(c) By sinking into alcoholism.
(d) By not leaving the past alone.
6. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) Their hunger for vegetables.
(b) The happieness found in Illinois.
(c) How much they miss Ansel.
(d) The brokeness of the family structure.
7. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The farm in New Mexico.
(b) Their aspirations.
(c) The vegetable garden.
(d) The tools to work the agrden.
8. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) He always went for a bottle.
(b) He was more like a brother.
(c) Was not good enough for her.
(d) That he saw a small face inside his face.
9. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
10. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) I saw a small face within his face.
(b) The face of Ansel.
(c) Dodge's smile.
(d) Father Dewis's face.
11. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) The family's history.
(b) Covering her head with a blanket..
(c) By failing to keep her responsibility's to her husband.
(d) The promises of the church.
12. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
(b) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
(c) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
(d) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
13. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(c) Father Dewis.
14. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Ansel has a son.
(b) A dark family secret.
(c) Bradley has a baby.
(d) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
15. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her minister and lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
2. Who was on their way to Mexico?
3. Who spent their time upstairs?
4. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
5. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)