|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(a) New Mexico.
2. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The tools to work the agrden.
(b) The farm in New Mexico.
(c) The vegetable garden.
(d) Their aspirations.
3. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) A priest and Shelly.
(b) The incest between a mother and her son.
(c) A father and his daughter.
(d) A brother and a sister.
4. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
(a) Shelly's minister's girlfriend.
(b) Shelly's boyfriend's mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her cousin.
5. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Dodge and Shelly.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Vince and Halie.
6. Who was Ansel?
(a) Dodge and Shelly's son.
(b) Tilden and Halie's son.
(c) Dodge and Halie's son.
(d) Bradley and Shelly's brothe.r
7. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Who is this Father Dewis?
(b) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(c) Where is Ansel?
(d) When will Bradley be home?
8. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
9. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Ansel and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
10. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) A caring and loving wife and mother.
(b) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
(c) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(d) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
11. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(c) The host of the church meetings.
(d) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
12. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
13. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
(b) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
(c) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
(d) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
14. What does the family hedge around?
(a) A dark family secret.
(b) Ansel has a son.
(c) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(d) Bradley has a baby.
15. Who spent their time upstairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
2. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
3. Who was a Catholic bride?
4. Who had a wooden leg?
5. Where did Dodge send Vince?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)