|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
(c) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
(d) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
2. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(b) No one knew him.
(c) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(d) Halie cried in joy.
3. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Vince.
(c) Dodge and Halie.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
4. Who is Shelly?
(a) Bradley's wife.
(b) Tilden's sister.
(c) Vince's sister.
(d) Vince's girlfriend.
5. What is the theme of this play?
6. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(b) The letter from Father Dewis.
(c) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
7. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Bradley's wife.
(c) Dodge's girfriend.
(d) Father Dewis's wife.
8. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Bradley's mother.
(c) Vince's girlfriend.
(d) Tilden's wife.
9. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
10. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(b) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(c) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(d) She wroked in the chruch.
11. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(d) Father Dewis.
12. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(a) Father Dewis.
13. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Who is Vince?
(a) Father Dewis' partner.
(b) Bradley's son.
(c) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(d) Tilden's friend.
15. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) It brought joy to the family.
(b) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(c) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
(d) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
2. Who was Ansel?
3. How long had Vince been gone?
4. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
5. Who spent their time upstairs?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)