|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The host of the church meetings.
(b) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(c) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(d) The minister, and friend.
2. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(b) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
(c) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(d) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
3. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Dodge's girfriend.
(c) Bradley's wife.
(d) Father Dewis's wife.
4. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The vegetable garden.
(b) The farm in New Mexico.
(c) The tools to work the agrden.
(d) Their aspirations.
5. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Tilden's wife.
(b) Bradley's mother.
(c) Vince's girlfriend.
(d) Ansel's wife.
6. What did Shelly try to do?
(a) Cook corn and carrots.
(b) Sleep in the room.
(c) Persuade Vince to leave.
(d) Buy whiskey.
7. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(c) Father Dewis.
8. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
(a) Shelly's boyfriend's mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Shelly's minister's girlfriend.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Bradley has a baby.
(b) A dark family secret.
(c) Ansel has a son.
(d) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
10. Who is Shelly?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Tilden's sister.
(c) Vince's sister.
(d) Bradley's wife.
11. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) To get a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Flowers for Shelly
(c) Flowers for Halie.
(d) To get vegetables of Tilden.
12. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) The letter from Father Dewis.
(c) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(d) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
13. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Ansel and Halie.
14. Who spent their time upstairs?
15. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(b) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(c) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
(d) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. Who was Ansel?
3. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
4. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
5. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)