|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) He was more like a brother.
(b) He always went for a bottle.
(c) That he saw a small face inside his face.
(d) Was not good enough for her.
2. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
(b) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
(c) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
(d) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
3. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Bradley's brother.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's brother.
(d) Vince and Shelly.
4. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Tilden's wife.
(c) Ansel's wife.
(d) Bradley's mother.
5. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the pantry.
(b) From the kitchen table.
(c) From Father Dewis.
(d) From Halie.
6. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
7. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Where is Ansel?
(b) When will Bradley be home?
(c) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(d) Who is this Father Dewis?
8. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
(a) Shelly's minister's girlfriend.
(b) Shelly's boyfriend's mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her cousin.
9. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) The letter from Father Dewis.
(c) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(d) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
10. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(d) New Mexico.
11. Who was Ansel?
(a) Tilden and Halie's son.
(b) Dodge and Halie's son.
(c) Bradley and Shelly's brothe.r
(d) Dodge and Shelly's son.
12. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
(c) The one that is still a farmer.
13. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(b) Father Dewis.
14. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(b) A horse breeder.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A farmer.
15. How did Dodge betray his family?
(a) By not leaving the past alone.
(b) By giving the farm to Bradley.
(c) By sinking into alcoholism.
(d) By growing vetables for Tilden to pick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family hedge around?
2. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
3. How long had Vince been gone?
4. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
5. Where was Halie in Act 2?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)