|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) A priest and Shelly.
(b) A brother and a sister.
(c) A father and his daughter.
(d) The incest between a mother and her son.
2. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
3. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Who is Shelly?
(a) Tilden's sister.
(b) Vince's sister.
(c) Vince's girlfriend.
(d) Bradley's wife.
5. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The letter from Father Dewis.
(b) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(c) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
6. Shelly tries to get Vince to leave even though she feels for who?
7. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(b) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(c) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
(d) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
8. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(d) Father Dewis.
9. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Bradley's mother.
(b) Ansel's wife.
(c) Tilden's wife.
(d) Vince's girlfriend.
10. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Play tricks.
(d) Turned her back on him.
11. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) His time in jail.
(b) The baby. The Little baby.
(c) Bradley's accident.
(d) Ansel's death.
12. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(c) The host of the church meetings.
(d) A city man trying to learn to farm.
13. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) A farmer.
(b) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(c) A horse breeder.
(d) Her brother.
14. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) To get vegetables of Tilden.
(b) Flowers for Shelly
(c) To get a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Flowers for Halie.
15. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She wroked in the chruch.
(b) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(c) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(d) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. Who was Ansel?
4. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
5. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)