|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
(b) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(c) It brought joy to the family.
(d) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
2. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Play tricks.
(b) Turned her back on him.
(c) Helped him carry the carrots.
(d) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
3. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Vince and Shelly.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's brother.
(d) Bradley's brother.
4. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Shelly's minister's girlfriend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Shelly's boyfriend's mother.
5. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(a) Father Dewis.
6. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) How much they miss Ansel.
(b) Their hunger for vegetables.
(c) The happieness found in Illinois.
(d) The brokeness of the family structure.
7. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The host of the church meetings.
(b) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(c) The minister, and friend.
(d) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
8. What is the theme of this play?
9. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(b) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(c) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
(d) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
10. Who had a wooden leg?
(b) Father Dewis.
11. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) He was more like a brother.
(b) He always went for a bottle.
(c) That he saw a small face inside his face.
(d) Was not good enough for her.
12. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the store buying whiskey.
(d) With Vince in Dodge's house.
13. Who didn't remember Vince?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Dodge and Tilden.
(c) Tilden and Bradley.
(d) Halie and Tilden.
14. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
(c) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(d) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
15. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Halie and Dodge.
(b) Ansel and his wife.
(c) Vince and Shelly.
(d) Bradley and Tilden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the incestuous relationship?
2. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
3. Who is Shelly?
4. Who was Ansel?
5. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)