|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the kitchen table.
(b) From Father Dewis.
(c) From Halie.
(d) From the pantry.
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Ansel and Halie.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Father Dewis and Shelly.
3. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(b) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
(c) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
(d) A caring and loving wife and mother.
4. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her minister and lover.
(d) Her son.
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Halie's girlfriend.
(b) Vince and Shelly.
(c) Ansel's brother.
(d) Bradley's brother.
6. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(a) Father Dewis.
7. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(b) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
(c) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
8. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(c) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(d) The host of the church meetings.
9. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Bradley's mother.
(b) Vince's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's wife.
(d) Tilden's wife.
10. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
(b) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(c) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(d) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
11. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Dodge's smile.
(b) The face of Ansel.
(c) Father Dewis's face.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
12. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Bradley's wife.
(b) Father Dewis's wife.
(c) Dodge's girfriend.
(d) Ansel's wife.
13. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
(b) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
(c) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
(d) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
14. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
15. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
(d) The one that is still a farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
2. How long had Vince been gone?
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
4. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
5. When is Ansel to come home?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)