|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The tools to work the agrden.
(b) The farm in New Mexico.
(c) Their aspirations.
(d) The vegetable garden.
2. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) Flowers for Halie.
(b) To get vegetables of Tilden.
(c) Flowers for Shelly
(d) To get a bottle of whiskey.
3. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
(b) A caring and loving wife and mother.
(c) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(d) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
4. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) No one knew him.
(b) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(c) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(d) Halie cried in joy.
5. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Bradley became a father.
(b) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(c) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(d) A baby boy was born.
6. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) By failing to keep her responsibility's to her husband.
(b) The family's history.
(c) Covering her head with a blanket..
(d) The promises of the church.
7. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the kitchen table.
(b) From Halie.
(c) From the pantry.
(d) From Father Dewis.
8. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Ansel's brother.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Bradley's brother.
(d) Vince and Shelly.
9. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(d) New Mexico.
10. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) Ansel's death.
(b) Bradley's accident.
(c) His time in jail.
(d) The baby. The Little baby.
11. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
(b) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
(c) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
(d) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
12. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(d) One still alive.
13. What is the theme of this play?
14. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(b) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
(c) It brought joy to the family.
(d) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
15. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Met with Father Dewis.
(b) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(c) Cut Dodge's hair.
(d) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
2. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
3. Who was on their way to Mexico?
4. Who is Shelly?
5. What did Tilden say about Vince?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)