|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Where is Ansel?
(b) When will Bradley be home?
(c) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(d) Who is this Father Dewis?
2. How did Dodge betray his family?
(a) By not leaving the past alone.
(b) By sinking into alcoholism.
(c) By giving the farm to Bradley.
(d) By growing vetables for Tilden to pick.
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) At the church.
(c) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
4. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
5. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) Was not good enough for her.
(b) That he saw a small face inside his face.
(c) He was more like a brother.
(d) He always went for a bottle.
6. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Bradley and Vince.
(b) Father Dewis and Halie.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Dodge and Halie.
7. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) The host of the church meetings.
(c) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(d) A city man trying to learn to farm.
8. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
9. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
(c) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(d) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
10. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(b) New Mexico.
11. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Vince and Shelly.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's brother.
(d) Bradley's brother.
12. What did Shelly try to do?
(a) Cook corn and carrots.
(b) Sleep in the room.
(c) Persuade Vince to leave.
(d) Buy whiskey.
13. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(c) Peas and potatoes.
14. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(b) New Mexico.
15. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the pantry.
(b) From Father Dewis.
(c) From Halie.
(d) From the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
2. What is the theme of this play?
3. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
4. Where did Dodge send Vince?
5. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)