|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She wroked in the chruch.
(b) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(c) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(d) She went shopping for baby clothes.
2. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
3. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(d) Father Dewis.
4. What two characters are introduced in this act?
(a) Bradley's brother.
(b) Halie's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's brother.
(d) Vince and Shelly.
5. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
(c) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(d) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
6. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Play tricks.
(c) Helped him carry the carrots.
(d) Turned her back on him.
7. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(b) In New Mexico.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
8. What does the family hedge around?
(a) A dark family secret.
(b) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(c) Ansel has a son.
(d) Bradley has a baby.
9. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The tools to work the agrden.
(b) Their aspirations.
(c) The farm in New Mexico.
(d) The vegetable garden.
10. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
(b) Vince's girlfriend.
(c) Tilden's wife.
(d) Bradley's mother.
11. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(b) Halie cried in joy.
(c) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(d) No one knew him.
12. Who had a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis.
13. Who is Shelly?
(a) Bradley's wife.
(b) Vince's girlfriend.
(c) Vince's sister.
(d) Tilden's sister.
14. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) Bradley's accident.
(b) His time in jail.
(c) Ansel's death.
(d) The baby. The Little baby.
15. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From Halie.
(b) From the pantry.
(c) From Father Dewis.
(d) From the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
2. When is Ansel to come home?
3. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
4. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
5. Who spent their time upstairs?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)