|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Tilden talk to about his lost little baby?
(d) Father Dewis.
2. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(c) New Mexico.
3. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(b) Peas and potatoes.
4. Where did Dodge send Vince?
(a) To get a bottle of whiskey.
(b) Flowers for Shelly
(c) To get vegetables of Tilden.
(d) Flowers for Halie.
5. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(a) New Mexico.
6. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
(a) The one that is still a farmer.
7. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Vince and Halie.
(d) Dodge and Shelly.
8. How did Dodge betray his family?
(a) By not leaving the past alone.
(b) By growing vetables for Tilden to pick.
(c) By sinking into alcoholism.
(d) By giving the farm to Bradley.
9. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Bradley has a baby.
(b) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(c) A dark family secret.
(d) Ansel has a son.
10. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
11. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His father was an alcoholic.
(b) His father a Christain.
(c) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
(d) His mother had an affair with her minister.
12. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
13. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
(a) Shelly's boyfriend's mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Shelly's minister's girlfriend.
14. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) His time in jail.
(b) Bradley's accident.
(c) Ansel's death.
(d) The baby. The Little baby.
15. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
(a) A horse breeder.
(b) A farmer.
(c) Her daughter's boyfriend.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
2. What two characters are introduced in this act?
3. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
4. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
5. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)