|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) The minister, and friend.
(b) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(c) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
(d) The host of the church meetings.
2. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(b) Halie cried in joy.
(c) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(d) No one knew him.
3. Who is Shelly?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Bradley's wife.
(c) Tilden's sister.
(d) Vince's sister.
4. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The farm in New Mexico.
(b) The vegetable garden.
(c) The tools to work the agrden.
(d) Their aspirations.
5. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Dodge and Shelly.
(d) Vince and Halie.
6. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(a) Father Dewis.
7. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
(a) Bradley became a father.
(b) Dodge and Halie had a better relationship.
(c) Dodge and Tiden had a stronger relationship.
(d) A baby boy was born.
8. Who is Vince?
(a) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(b) Tilden's friend.
(c) Father Dewis' partner.
(d) Bradley's son.
9. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From the pantry.
(b) From Father Dewis.
(c) From the kitchen table.
(d) From Halie.
10. When is Ansel to come home?
(a) Soon, he is on his way home from New Mexico.
(b) Never, he died on his honeymoon.
(c) Thursday, he is Bradley's handyman.
(d) Tomorrow, he is the church's handyman.
11. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(b) Peas and potatoes.
12. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
13. Who was on their way to Mexico?
(a) Bradley and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Dodge.
(c) Vince and Shelly.
(d) Ansel and his wife.
14. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(b) At the church.
(c) In New Mexico.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
15. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Father Dewis's face.
(b) Dodge's smile.
(c) The face of Ansel.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Halie to Shelly?
2. How did Dodge betray his family?
3. Where did Dodge send Vince?
4. How did Halie betray the family?
5. What two characters are introduced in this act?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)