|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tilden talk to Shelly about?
(a) Ansel's death.
(b) Bradley's accident.
(c) The baby. The Little baby.
(d) His time in jail.
2. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(b) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
(c) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(d) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
3. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(b) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
(c) It brought joy to the family.
(d) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
4. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
(a) Brings him a new blanket to repalce the one he lost.
(b) Brings him a bottle of whiskey.
(c) Leaves Dodge's head gashed and bleeding.
(d) Turns off the TV so Dodge can't watch it.
5. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Dodge and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Vince.
6. Who did Shelly try to help with the vegetables from the garden?
7. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The letter from Father Dewis.
(b) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(c) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
8. Who had a wooden leg?
(d) Father Dewis.
9. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
(d) New Mexico.
10. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Vince's girlfriend.
(b) Tilden's wife.
(c) Ansel's wife.
(d) Bradley's mother.
11. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
(a) The one that is still a farmer.
12. Who was not recognized after a six year absence?
13. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
(b) Father Dewis.
14. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
(a) The incest between a mother and her son.
(b) A father and his daughter.
(c) A priest and Shelly.
(d) A brother and a sister.
15. Who was Ansel?
(a) Tilden and Halie's son.
(b) Dodge and Shelly's son.
(c) Bradley and Shelly's brothe.r
(d) Dodge and Halie's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was on their way to Mexico?
2. Where was Halie in Act 2?
3. When is Ansel to come home?
4. How long had Vince been gone?
5. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)