|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
(b) Ansel has a son.
(c) A dark family secret.
(d) Bradley has a baby.
2. Who had the incestuous relationship?
(a) Ansel and Halie.
(b) Father Dewis and Shelly.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
3. Where did Vince think Tilden was?
(c) New Mexico.
4. Who is Vince?
(a) Tilden's friend.
(b) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(c) Father Dewis' partner.
(d) Bradley's son.
5. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
(a) Cut Dodge's hair.
(b) Played the tricks he used to do as a child.
(c) Picked vegetables from the yard.
(d) Met with Father Dewis.
6. Who is Shelly?
(a) Tilden's sister.
(b) Bradley's wife.
(c) Vince's girlfriend.
(d) Vince's sister.
7. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(a) Father Dewis.
8. Ansel was a promising son of who?
(a) Tilden and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Vince.
(c) Dodge and Halie.
(d) Father Dewis and Halie.
9. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(b) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
(c) She wroked in the chruch.
(d) She went shopping for baby clothes.
10. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Father Dewis's face.
(b) The face of Ansel.
(c) Dodge's smile.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
11. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) The promises of the church.
(b) The family's history.
(c) By failing to keep her responsibility's to her husband.
(d) Covering her head with a blanket..
12. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) The brokeness of the family structure.
(b) Their hunger for vegetables.
(c) How much they miss Ansel.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
13. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The letter from Father Dewis.
(b) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(c) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(d) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
14. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
(a) Dodge greeted him with a loving hug.
(b) They had a "fatten calf" celebration.
(c) Halie cried in joy.
(d) No one knew him.
15. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Turned her back on him.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Play tricks.
(d) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was on their way to Mexico?
2. Who had a wooden leg?
3. Who did Dodge send after a bottle?
4. What was the result of the incestuous relationship between Halie and Tilden?
5. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)