|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(c) New Mexico.
2. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(b) Halie's devotion to her children.
(c) Dodge's trust for his wife.
(d) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
3. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
(a) She is in the garden club.
(b) She loves vegetables.
(c) She constructs grave stones.
(d) She tries to pretend that her marriage and family are strong.
4. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(d) Father Drewis.
5. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
(b) Father Dewis.
6. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(c) New Mexico
7. Who has a security blanket?
8. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) Joy overflows their relationship.
(b) She is faithful to her vows.
(c) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(d) She talk continuously about her beloved.
9. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The back porch.
(b) The church.
(c) The vegtable garden.
(d) The back yard.
10. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She loved to make quilts.
(b) She had a very good herb garden.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
11. Who was in New Mexico?
(a) Father Dewis.
12. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
(d) Father Dewis.
13. Who owned this farm?
(a) Ansel, because he spent his life preparing the land to harvest.
(b) Tilden, because he had a vegetable garden.
(c) Bradley, since he repesented ordor to this family.
(d) Dodge, he was the father and husband.
14. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Soil for house plants.
(b) Garden tools.
(d) Flowers for Halie.
15. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
2. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
3. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
4. What is the main theme of this play?
5. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)