|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a security blanket?
2. Who has a wooden leg?
(b) Father Dewis
3. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Tilden's return
(b) Since the death of Ansel
(c) Bradley's return
(d) Thirty years
4. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
(b) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(c) Living room in an Illinois farm house.
(d) The backporch overlooking the garden.
5. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Ansel.
(b) Halie and Bradley.
(c) Halie and Tilden.
(d) Halie and Father Dewis.
6. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Son and friend
(b) Father and husband
(c) Halie's lover
(d) Father Drewis' partner
7. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(a) New Mexico.
8. What is in Illinois?
(a) Bradley's house.
(b) The jail.
(c) The farm.
(d) Ansel's wedding.
9. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) A light reference to a dark family secret.
(b) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
(c) That Tilden was a practising Catholic.
(d) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
10. What is the main theme of this play?
(a) The best way to grow vegtables.
(b) The dysfunction of this family.
(c) How to be a strong Christian.
(d) The virtue of marriage.
11. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
(d) Father Dewis.
12. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Halie.
13. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(b) The back porch.
(c) The living room on the sofa.
(d) The backyard.
14. Who is Ansel?
(a) Member of Father Drewis' church.
(b) Tilden's son.
(c) Bradley' s father.
(d) Halie and Dodge's son.
15. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
(a) Planning a monument for Ansel
(b) Dodge's funeral
(c) A memorial service for Bradley
(d) Planning for Ansel's saint hood
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
2. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
3. What character was on stage during Act one?
4. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
5. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)