Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Halie pretends to care for who?
2. Who was an All-American half-back with a bright future ahead?
(d) Father Dewis.
3. How can one tell that Halie is somewhat afraid of Bradley?
(a) She stays with her neighbor.
(b) She runs upstairs when he shows up.
(c) She doesn't go out of the bedroom.
(d) She doesn't want him to get upset over a disarrayed house.
4. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
5. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(b) She had a very good herb garden.
(c) She loved to make quilts.
(d) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
6. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Tilden and Bradley.
(b) Father Dewis and Tilden.
(c) Bradley and James.
(d) John and Tilden.
7. According to Dodge, how long has it been since the garden has been worked?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Since the death of Ansel.
(c) Bradley's return.
(d) Tilden's return.
8. Halie tells Dodge they have to take care of someone. Who is she talking about?
(a) Father Dewis.
(c) The Baby.
9. Why is Ansel not around anymore?
(a) He died on his honeymoon.
(b) He took all the tools from the farm and ran away.
(c) He picked vegetables from the backyard garden and was bitten by a dog.
(d) He cut off his leg with a chain saw.
10. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Ansel.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and Father Dewis.
11. Why did Sam Shepard choose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(b) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(c) He was sure Dodge would rally in the end.
(d) It was a contrast between fertile farming and the deterioration of this family.
12. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Son and friend.
(b) Father and husband.
(c) Father Dewis' partner.
(d) Halie's lover.
13. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
(a) The father of Tilden's children.
(b) The man with a wooden leg.
(c) An evil, spiteful, vengeful man.
(d) The head of Bradley's household.
14. Which of Ansel's action does Halie detest the most?
(a) Buying a car.
(b) Marrying a Catholic.
(c) Running the marathon.
(d) Failing an exam.
15. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church. Who is that character?
(a) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Halie said she and Father Dewis were planning a monument for which character?
2. Who owned this farm?
3. How does Halie treat Dodge?
4. What is the backdrop for this play?
5. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)