|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The sexual relationship between Teldon and Bradley.
(b) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
(c) The audultrious relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
(d) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
2. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
3. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(b) She is faithful to her vows.
(c) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(d) Joy overflows their relationship.
4. Who has a wooden leg?
(a) Father Dewis
5. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(c) Ansel's wife
6. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Bradley and Halie.
(d) Halie and Father Dewis.
7. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(a) Father Drewis.
8. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Father Dewis and Tilden.
(b) Tilden and Bradley.
(c) John and Tilden.
(d) Bradley and James.
9. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
10. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
11. What happened to Ansel?
(a) He continued to pick vetables from the backyard garden.
(b) Cut off his leg with a chain saw.
(c) Took all the tools from the farm.
(d) Died on his honeymoon.
12. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
(a) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
(b) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(c) It is dysfunctonial like his own family.
(d) Enjoys sharing gardening tips.
13. Who was in New Mexico?
(d) Father Dewis.
14. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
(a) Father Drewis.
15. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Father Drewis.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and and Dodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
2. Dodge said this to who? "Don't go outside. There's nothing out there."
3. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
4. What is primary character does Halie portray?
5. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)