|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(d) Father Dewis.
2. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Father Dewis and Tilden.
(b) John and Tilden.
(c) Tilden and Bradley.
(d) Bradley and James.
3. What is the main theme of this play?
(a) The virtue of marriage.
(b) The best way to grow vegtables.
(c) The dysfunction of this family.
(d) How to be a strong Christian.
4. What is in Illinois?
(a) Bradley's house.
(b) The jail.
(c) Ansel's wedding.
(d) The farm.
5. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The audultrious relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
(c) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
(d) The sexual relationship between Teldon and Bradley.
6. Who spent time in jail?
(c) Father Dewis.
7. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
(c) Father Dewis.
8. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(b) She had a very good herb garden.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) She loved to make quilts.
9. What character was on stage during Act one?
(a) Father Drewis.
10. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
(b) The church members.
(c) The hotel staff.
(d) Marrying a Catholic.
11. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(a) The living room on the sofa.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The backyard.
12. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(b) Halie's devotion to her children.
(c) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
(d) Dodge's trust for his wife.
13. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(b) New Mexico
15. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(a) Ansel's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ansel?
2. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
3. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
4. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
5. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)