|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Garden tools.
(c) Soil for house plants.
(d) Flowers for Halie.
2. Who owned this farm?
(a) Bradley, since he repesented ordor to this family.
(b) Ansel, because he spent his life preparing the land to harvest.
(c) Dodge, he was the father and husband.
(d) Tilden, because he had a vegetable garden.
3. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
(a) Father Dewis.
4. What happened to Ansel?
(a) Took all the tools from the farm.
(b) He continued to pick vetables from the backyard garden.
(c) Cut off his leg with a chain saw.
(d) Died on his honeymoon.
5. Who has a security blanket?
6. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
(a) Bradley will cut his hair.
(b) She doesn't want him to get wet in the rain.
(c) Father Dewis will pray for him.
(d) Dodge will hide from him.
7. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
(d) Father Dewis.
8. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
9. Who is Ansel?
(a) Member of Father Drewis' church.
(b) Halie and Dodge's son.
(c) Bradley' s father.
(d) Tilden's son.
10. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
11. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Halie and Father Dewis.
(d) Dodge and Halie.
12. Who was in New Mexico?
(a) Father Dewis.
13. What is primary character does Halie portray?
(a) Devoted to Tilden.
(b) Promiscuous and self centered.
(c) Morning Ansel.
(d) Committed to Bradley.
14. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) A light reference to a dark family secret.
(b) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(c) That Tilden was a practising Catholic.
(d) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
15. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(b) She is faithful to her vows.
(c) Joy overflows their relationship.
(d) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
2. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
3. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
4. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
5. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)