|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
(b) Father Drewis.
2. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Tilden and Bradley.
(b) John and Tilden.
(c) Father Dewis and Tilden.
(d) Bradley and James.
3. Who has a security blanket?
4. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(a) Ansel's wife
5. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She loved to make quilts.
(b) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) She had a very good herb garden.
6. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The church.
(b) The vegtable garden.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The back yard.
7. What is in Illinois?
(a) Bradley's house.
(b) The jail.
(c) The farm.
(d) Ansel's wedding.
8. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When Dodge cried.
(b) When he kissed the bride.
(c) When the priest had a gun.
(d) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
9. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
10. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
(b) The sexual relationship between Teldon and Bradley.
(c) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
(d) The audultrious relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
11. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
(a) The father of Tildren's children.
(b) An evil, spiteful, vengeful man.
(c) The man with a wooden leg.
(d) Head of Bradley's household.
12. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
(a) Tilden's return
(b) Bradley's return
(c) Since the death of Ansel
(d) Thirty years
13. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(b) That Tilden was a practising Catholic.
(c) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
(d) A light reference to a dark family secret.
14. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
(a) She doesn't want him to get wet in the rain.
(b) Dodge will hide from him.
(c) Father Dewis will pray for him.
(d) Bradley will cut his hair.
15. Who is Ansel?
(a) Bradley' s father.
(b) Tilden's son.
(c) Member of Father Drewis' church.
(d) Halie and Dodge's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a wooden leg?
2. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
3. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
4. What happened to Ansel?
5. What is primary character does Halie portray?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)