|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Halie and Ansel.
(d) Halie and Bradley.
2. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
(d) Father Dewis.
3. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
(a) Father Dewis.
4. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
(a) Bradley and James.
(b) Father Dewis and Tilden.
(c) John and Tilden.
(d) Tilden and Bradley.
5. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
6. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(b) Father Drewis.
7. What is primary character does Halie portray?
(a) Promiscuous and self centered.
(b) Morning Ansel.
(c) Committed to Bradley.
(d) Devoted to Tilden.
8. What is in Illinois?
(a) Bradley's house.
(b) The jail.
(c) Ansel's wedding.
(d) The farm.
9. What area can be seen form the living room during the play?
(a) The church.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The vegtable garden.
10. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(b) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(c) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(d) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
11. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Tilden and Halie.
(c) Halie and Father Dewis.
(d) Dodge and Halie.
12. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
13. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Garden tools.
(b) Flowers for Halie.
(c) Soil for house plants.
14. Why does Father Dewis come by?
(a) To see Tilden
(b) To see Ansel
(c) To see Halie
(d) To see Dodge
15. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The sexual relationship between Teldon and Bradley.
(b) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
(c) The audultrious relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
(d) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
2. How does Halie treat Dodge?
3. Who has a security blanket?
4. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
5. What is the backdrop for this play?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)