|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
(a) Father Dewis.
2. Who is Ansel?
(a) Tilden's son.
(b) Bradley' s father.
(c) Member of Father Drewis' church.
(d) Halie and Dodge's son.
3. Why does Halie say she didn't want Tilden not to go outside?
(a) Bradley will cut his hair.
(b) She doesn't want him to get wet in the rain.
(c) Dodge will hide from him.
(d) Father Dewis will pray for him.
4. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
(a) Father Dewis.
(d) The Baby.
5. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Son and friend
(b) Father Drewis' partner
(c) Halie's lover
(d) Father and husband
6. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
7. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
(a) The backyard.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The living room on the sofa.
8. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
(a) Father Drewis.
9. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
(a) Halie and Father Drewis.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Halie and and Dodge.
(d) Halie and Bradley.
10. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
(b) Father Dewis.
11. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When the priest had a gun.
(b) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
(c) When Dodge cried.
(d) When he kissed the bride.
12. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
13. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
(a) Visiting Ansel.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) With Father Dewis.
(d) Upstairs off stage.
14. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She had a very good herb garden.
(b) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) She loved to make quilts.
15. Dodge said this to who? "Don't go outside. There's nothing out there."
(d) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
2. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
3. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
4. Why does Father Dewis come by?
5. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)