1. In the first act, where are the characters?
They are in the living room of a farm house in Illinois.
2. Who is the first character to appear in Act 1?
The first character to appear is the father character, Dodge.
3. Describe Halie's character in the first act.
She is withdrawn and spends a great deal of time alone. She seems to care about her husband but she is really self-righteous.
4. What does Halie think about Ansel at the beginning of the story?
She thinks Ansel was the most promising of her sons and he would have achieved greatness.
5. What is Bradley like at the start of the play?
He is mean and vicious. He likes to control his family by making them afraid of him.
6. Describe Tilden at the start of Act 1.
Tilden is emotionally unstable and not quite right in his mind. He seems to live in a world of his own,
This section contains 1,644 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)