|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Halie and Father Dewis.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
2. When Vince returns what does he do?
(a) He is drunk and throws whiskey bottles at the porch wall.
(b) He asks Shelly to marry him and help him with the farm.
(c) Asks Tilden to explain the mess he finds the family in.
(d) Asks Shelly to help him care for Halie.
3. What is primary character does Halie portray?
(a) Morning Ansel.
(b) Promiscuous and self centered.
(c) Committed to Bradley.
(d) Devoted to Tilden.
4. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She is faithful to her vows.
(b) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(c) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(d) Joy overflows their relationship.
5. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(b) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
(c) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(d) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police do when they came to the farm?
2. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
3. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
4. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
5. Who has a wooden leg?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)