|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police do when they came to the farm?
(a) Searched for Ansel.
(b) Searched for the baby.
(c) Found Shelly.
(d) Searched for the vegetable garden.
2. What was the family secret that Dodge revealed?
(a) Father Dewis and Halie have a baby through an adulterious affair.
(b) Halie and Tilden's baby was buried in the back yard.
(c) Dodge and Shelly have a baby a baby buried in the back yard.
(d) Bradley and Ansel's wife have a baby buried in the back yard.
3. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
(a) A memorial service for Bradley
(b) Planning for Ansel's saint hood
(c) Planning a monument for Ansel
(d) Dodge's funeral
4. What did Tilden tell Shelly about the baby?
(a) Halie cried when she saw it's face.
(b) It could be held with one hand, it was so small noone could find it.
(c) It brought joy to the family.
(d) The lose of the baby tore the family apart.
5. What happened to Shelly?
(a) She became Halie's best friend.
(b) She and Vince got married and she died on their honeymoon.
(c) She and Tilden had a baby.
(d) She finally gave up and left the farm alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an incestuous relationship?
2. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
3. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
4. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
5. What was Father Dewis's relationship to Halie?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)