|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
(a) A city man trying to learn to farm.
(b) The minister, and friend.
(c) The host of the church meetings.
(d) The owner, and the farmer of the land.
2. What does Halie present herself to be?
(a) A caring and loving wife and mother.
(b) Mother of Father Dewis to cover for the affair.
(c) A friend of Ansel's wife even though she was a Catholic.
(d) Vince's girlfriend to smooth the chaos in the family.
3. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Tilden and Halie.
(d) Bradley and Halie.
4. How many sons do Halie and Dodge have?
(a) One still alive.
5. When did Halie say she knew Ansel would be a dead man?
(a) When he kissed the bride.
(b) When he placed a ring on his bride's finger.
(c) When Dodge cried.
(d) When the priest had a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tilden say about Vince?
2. Who was the one character who was on stage from the beginning to end of the play?
3. Who becomes the head of the family at the end?
4. When Dodge finally reaches the breaking point, what does he finally admit?
5. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)