|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
2. Who does Shelly give up on?
3. What was Father Dewis' relationship to Halie?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her minister and lover.
4. How did mother and father behave towards their children?
(a) Father and mother take their children to parks every week.
(b) Father and mother prevent their children from being friends with other children.
(c) Father and mother beat their children at night.
(d) Father and mother did not fulfill their responsibilities to their children.
5. According to Dodge, how long has it been since the garden has been worked?
(a) Since the death of Ansel.
(b) Tilden's return.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Bradley's return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Dodge in Act 2?
2. What is Sam Shepard's style of writing?
3. Who later married Shelly in the story?
4. How many granddaughters did Dodge and Halie have?
5. How does Father Dewis deal with the spiritual problems of this family?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)