|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Father Drewis' partner
(b) Father and husband
(c) Son and friend
(d) Halie's lover
2. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Being the mother of Ansel.
(b) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Being an upstanding member of the church.
3. What did Tilden say about Vince?
(a) He always went for a bottle.
(b) Was not good enough for her.
(c) That he saw a small face inside his face.
(d) He was more like a brother.
4. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) Halie's devotion to her children.
(b) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
(c) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(d) Dodge's trust for his wife.
5. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
(a) Bradley's mother.
(b) Vince's girlfriend.
(c) Ansel's wife.
(d) Tilden's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
2. What two characters are introduced in this act?
3. Who had an incestuous relationship?
4. What happened to Ansel?
5. What happened to his leg?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)