|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
(c) Father Dewis.
2. Who had a wooden leg?
(b) Father Dewis.
3. Who does Sam Shepherd place most of the blame for this family's failure?
(a) Shelly and Father Dewis because they interferred with the family structure.
(b) The two brothers, Tilden and Bradley.
(c) The mother and father, Halile and Dodge.
(d) Ancel because he died leaving he family broken and grieving.
4. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) The farm in New Mexico.
(b) Their aspirations.
(c) The tools to work the agrden.
(d) The vegetable garden.
5. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(b) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(c) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(d) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bradley do to Dodge when he comes by?
2. What set off this family toward disaster?
3. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
4. Why does Father Dewis come by?
5. How was Vince treated when he got to the farm?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)