|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character was on stage during Act one?
(d) Father Drewis.
2. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
4. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
(a) Halie and Father Drewis.
(b) Halie and and Dodge.
(c) Halie and Bradley.
(d) Halie and Tilden.
5. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) Joy overflows their relationship.
(b) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(c) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(d) She is faithful to her vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
2. How many daughters does Dodge and Halie have?
3. Halie pretends to care for who?
4. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
5. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)