|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Vince been gone?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Fourteen years.
2. Why does Father Dewis come by?
(a) To see Ansel
(b) To see Halie
(c) To see Dodge
(d) To see Tilden
3. What does Shelly do when she sees Tilden coming in from the backyard?
(a) Turned her back on him.
(b) Helped him carry the carrots.
(c) Buy a bottle of whiskey.
(d) Play tricks.
4. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His father was an alcoholic.
(b) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
(c) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(d) His father a Christain.
5. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) Halie's devotion to her children.
(b) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
(c) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(d) Dodge's trust for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vince do to try to be remembered?
2. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
3. The children reflects what in this play?
4. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
5. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)