|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
(a) Father Drewis.
2. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
(c) Father Dewis.
(d) The Baby.
3. Where was Shelly during Act 2?
(a) In New Mexico.
(b) At the church.
(c) With Vince in Dodge's house.
(d) At the store buying whiskey.
4. Who is Vince?
(a) Dodge and Halie's grandson.
(b) Tilden's friend.
(c) Bradley's son.
(d) Father Dewis' partner.
5. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His father a Christain.
(b) His father was an alcoholic.
(c) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(d) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
2. Who was an old boyfriend of Halie's who Dodge taunts her about?
3. What character stayed on stage during the first two acts of the play?
4. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
5. Who had an incestuous relationship?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)