|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She had a very good herb garden.
(b) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(c) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(d) She loved to make quilts.
2. What does the family hedge around?
(a) Ansel has a son.
(b) A dark family secret that Tilden hinted at.
(c) Bradley has a baby and he is keeping it somewhere else.
(d) Father Dewis is really Halie's husband.
3. Which character was on stage during Act One?
(a) Father Dewis.
4. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(b) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(c) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(d) The letter from Father Dewis.
5. What was Father Dewis' relationship to Halie?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her minister and lover.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dodge ask Vince to do for him?
2. How many granddaughters did Dodge and Halie have?
3. Which two characters are introduced in Act 2?
4. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
5. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)