|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
(a) Father and husband
(b) Halie's lover
(c) Son and friend
(d) Father Drewis' partner
2. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) The brokeness of the family structure.
(b) How much they miss Ansel.
(c) Their hunger for vegetables.
(d) The happieness found in Illinois.
3. Who did Halie say this about? "I had no idea he would be that much trouble".
(d) Father Dewis.
4. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
(a) She constructs grave stones.
(b) She is in the garden club.
(c) She loves vegetables.
(d) She tries to pretend that her marriage and family are strong.
5. Finally, what did Vince cry out in anguish?
(a) Did I betray some secret family taboo?
(b) When will Bradley be home?
(c) Where is Ansel?
(d) Who is this Father Dewis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Catholic bride?
2. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
3. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
4. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
5. Who had a wooden leg?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)