|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vince's mother?
(a) A member of the church.
(b) Ansel's wife.
(d) It is not mentioned.
2. Where was Ansel in Act 2?
(a) He was in the market with Father Dewis.
(b) He was living in New Mexico.
(c) He was not mentioned in Act 2.
(d) He was out in the backyard.
3. How did Sam Shepard treat the mother and father characters in the play?
(a) They are treated unsympathetically. They both contribute to the family's destruction.
(b) They were glorified as heroes who saved the family.
(c) They are both respected members of society and are model citizens.
(d) With respect. The children all want to follow in their footsteps.
4. Why does Sam Shepard write about this type of family?
(a) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(b) He enjoys sharing gardening tips.
(c) It is dysfunctional like his own family.
(d) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
5. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two?"
(c) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
2. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
3. What was Halie expecting of Tilden?
4. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
5. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)