|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Ansel's action does Halie detest the most?
(a) Buying a car.
(b) Running the marathon.
(c) Marrying a Catholic.
(d) Failing an exam.
2. Which part of Act 2 is autobiographical?
(a) The mother being absent from the story.
(b) The father not recognizing his son.
(c) The girlfriend being caught up in the mess of the family.
(d) Both father and mother have their share in destroying the family.
3. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
4. Why did Sam Shepard choose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(b) He was sure Dodge would rally in the end.
(c) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(d) It was a contrast between fertile farming and the deterioration of this family.
5. What is an indication of the family being dysfunctional?
(a) Father and mother (husband and wife) have a severely broken relationship.
(b) Stealing from each other's wallets.
(c) There are no daughters in the family.
(d) Different religions among family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
2. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
3. Who is Vince?
4. Who were revealed to be having an adulterous affair?
5. Which of the following statements best describes the story?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)