|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of this play reflects Sam Shepard's own life?
(a) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(b) His father was an alcoholic.
(c) His brother had an affair with his minister.
(d) His father a Christain.
2. What is Halie's real personality?
(a) Promiscuous and self-centered.
(b) Devoted to Tilden.
(c) Mourning Ansel.
(d) Committed to Bradley.
3. What vegetables did Tilden pick from the garden?
(a) Peas and potatoes.
4. Who cut off Dodge's hair?
(a) Father Dewis.
5. Which statement best describes Dodge's life?
(a) He is devoted to his children.
(b) He is very active and loves to jog.
(c) He is proud of his wife.
(d) His life is confined to the couch, television, and a bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Vince, has Shelly met any members of the family before?
2. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
3. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
4. What is Act One all about?
5. What was the initial point of interaction between Shelly and Tilden?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)