|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Halie tell Dodge they have to take care of?
(a) Father Dewis.
(c) The Baby.
2. What did Shelly try to do?
(a) Cook corn and carrots.
(b) Buy whiskey.
(c) Sleep in the room.
(d) Persuade Vince to leave.
3. Who was in New Mexico?
(d) Father Dewis.
4. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(b) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(c) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
(d) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
5. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Vince and Shelly heading when they stopped at the farm?
2. What position did Dodge hold in the family?
3. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
4. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
5. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)