|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a Catholic bride?
(a) Bradley's wife.
(b) Dodge's girfriend.
(c) Ansel's wife.
(d) Father Dewis's wife.
2. Where did Tilden return from, broken and unable to care for himself?
(c) New Mexico
3. How long had Vince been gone?
(a) Three years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
4. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(b) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(c) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(d) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
5. Who was responsible for the secret in the backyard?
(a) Vince and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Halie and Tilden.
(d) Dodge and Shelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
2. What is Shelly's relation to the family?
3. What is the main theme of this play?
4. Who was on their way to Mexico?
5. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)