|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) Dodge's trust for his wife.
(b) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
(c) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
(d) Halie's devotion to her children.
2. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
(b) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(c) Living room in an Illinois farm house.
(d) The backporch overlooking the garden.
3. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) She loved to make quilts.
(b) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(c) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(d) She had a very good herb garden.
4. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
5. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
(c) Father Drewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Halie say this about? "I had no idea he would be that much trouble".
2. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
3. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
4. What did Halie say she and Father Dewis were doing all night when they came home drunk?
5. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)