|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
(b) Father Dewis.
2. How does Halie treat Dodge?
(a) She talk continuously about her beloved.
(b) She retreats from him, hiding upstairs.
(c) Joy overflows their relationship.
(d) She is faithful to her vows.
3. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
(b) Being the mother of Ansel.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Being an upstanding member of the church.
4. Which particular event does Halie blame for Ansel's death?
(a) The hotel staff.
(c) The church members.
(d) Marrying a Catholic.
5. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What set off this family toward disaster?
2. How long has it been since the garden has been worked, according to Dodge?
3. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
4. Why does Father Dewis come by?
5. Who did Halie say she and Father Dewis was planning a monument for?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)