|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(a) Ansel's wife.
2. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The adulterous relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
(c) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
(d) The sexual relationship between Tilden and Bradley.
3. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Tilden.
(b) Halie and Bradley.
(c) Halie and Ansel.
(d) Halie and Father Dewis.
4. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
(a) Father Dewis.
5. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
(b) The living room in an Illinois farm house.
(c) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(d) The backporch overlooking the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
2. Which character was on stage during Act One?
3. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
4. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
5. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)