|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
(a) She tries to pretend that her marriage and family are strong.
(b) She is in the garden club.
(c) She loves vegetables.
(d) She constructs grave stones.
2. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
(a) He is proud of his wife.
(b) He is devoted to his children.
(c) He is very active and loves to jog.
(d) His life is confinded to the couch, television, and a bottle.
3. Why does Father Dewis come by?
(a) To see Tilden
(b) To see Dodge
(c) To see Halie
(d) To see Ansel
4. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
(a) New Mexico.
5. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
(a) Upstairs off stage.
(b) With Father Dewis.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) Visiting Ansel.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are vague hints about a dark secret hidden in what area of the farm?
2. What is the main theme of this play?
3. Who is described as a drunken, ill, argumentative old man?
4. One of the characters appears to be an upright and righteous member of the church, who is that character?
5. Who had a wooden leg form an accident with a chain saw?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)