|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings vegetables in from the garden?
2. Whose betrayal started the total destruction of this family?
(b) Ansel's wife
3. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(b) Being the mother of Ansel.
(c) Caring for Bradley.
(d) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
4. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Father Dewis.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Halie and Ansel.
(d) Halie and Bradley.
5. What is the main theme of this play?
(a) The virtue of marriage.
(b) The dysfunction of this family.
(c) How to be a strong Christian.
(d) The best way to grow vegtables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing noticed about Halie?
2. Who are Dodge and Halie's sons?
3. Who are having an adulterous affair in the play?
4. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
5. What is the backdrop for this play?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)