|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main theme of this play?
(a) How to be a strong Christian.
(b) The best way to grow vegtables.
(c) The dysfunction of this family.
(d) The virtue of marriage.
2. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
(a) That Tilden was a practising Catholic.
(b) A light reference to a dark family secret.
(c) The fact that Bradley was a drunk.
(d) That Father Dewis truly cared for Halie.
3. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(b) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(c) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(d) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
4. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
(a) The man with a wooden leg.
(b) Head of Bradley's household.
(c) An evil, spiteful, vengeful man.
(d) The father of Tildren's children.
5. Who has a security blanket?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an all-American halfback with a bright future ahead of them?
2. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
3. Who has a wooden leg?
4. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
5. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)