|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
(a) Dodge and Halie.
(b) Bradley and Halie.
(c) Halie and Father Dewis.
(d) Tilden and Halie.
2. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
(a) The audultrious relationship between Father Dewis and Halie.
(b) The incestuous relationship between Tilden and Halie.
(c) Ansel's marriage to a Catholic girl.
(d) The sexual relationship between Teldon and Bradley.
3. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Caring for Bradley.
(b) Being the mother of Ansel.
(c) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(d) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
4. Who was in New Mexico?
(d) Father Dewis.
5. Why does Sam Shephard write about this type of family?
(a) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(b) It is dysfunctonial like his own family.
(c) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
(d) Enjoys sharing gardening tips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a security blanket?
2. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
3. Where did Bradley go, only to return emotionally broken?
4. Who hid under a blanket when they wanted to shut out the world?
5. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)