|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Garden tools.
(c) Flowers for Halie.
(d) Soil for house plants.
2. Who had an incestuous relationship?
(a) Halie and Bradley.
(b) Halie and Tilden.
(c) Halie and Father Dewis.
(d) Halie and Ansel.
3. What did Sam Shepherd chose a farm as the setting of this play?
(a) It was a beautiful vision of this family's fruitful garden.
(b) He was sure Dodge would rallie in the end.
(c) it was a contrast between fertile farming and the deteriation of this family.
(d) He loves to watch vegetables grow.
4. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
(a) Caring for Bradley.
(b) Being an upstanding member of the church.
(c) Life in the city with variety and stimulation.
(d) Being the mother of Ansel.
5. Who does Halie say needs to stay out of the yard?
(c) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event resulted because of the disintegration of this family structure?
2. Where did Halie spend most of her time?
3. Who shouts from upstairs telling Dodge to take his medication when he coughs?
4. Who taunted Halie about " the breeder-man teaching her a thing or two"?
5. Who tried to present themselves as the one in charge of the family, but was ignored by everyone?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)