|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the basic conflict in this family?
(a) Between Shelly and Dodge.
(b) Between Halie and Father Dewis.
(c) Between Halie and Dodge.
(d) Between Tilden and Bradley.
2. The children reflects what in this play?
(a) How much they miss Ansel.
(b) The happieness found in Illinois.
(c) Their hunger for vegetables.
(d) The brokeness of the family structure.
3. Why does Father Dewis come by?
(a) To see Halie
(b) To see Dodge
(c) To see Ansel
(d) To see Tilden
4. When Vince returns what does he do?
(a) He asks Shelly to marry him and help him with the farm.
(b) Asks Tilden to explain the mess he finds the family in.
(c) He is drunk and throws whiskey bottles at the porch wall.
(d) Asks Shelly to help him care for Halie.
5. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
(a) Their aspirations.
(b) The vegetable garden.
(c) The farm in New Mexico.
(d) The tools to work the agrden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
2. What happens to Halie during the final act?
3. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
4. Who's life is centered on a couch, television, and a bottle?
5. Who spent their time upstairs?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)