|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) Dodge's smile.
(b) Father Dewis's face.
(c) The face of Ansel.
(d) I saw a small face within his face.
2. What is a key factor that started the crack in Halie and Dodge's relationship?
(a) Halie went from the city life full of activity to an isolated life on the farm.
(b) She grew flowers like everyone in the area.
(c) She had a very good herb garden.
(d) She loved to make quilts.
3. What is the backdrop for this play?
(a) Upstairs where Halie hides during the play.
(b) The backporch overlooking the garden.
(c) Living room in an Illinois farm house.
(d) The backyard where vegetables are picked.
4. What type of family structure best describes this family?
(c) Open and loving.
(d) Happy go lucky.
5. What happened to Ansel?
(a) Took all the tools from the farm.
(b) He continued to pick vetables from the backyard garden.
(c) Cut off his leg with a chain saw.
(d) Died on his honeymoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dodge threaten to do when Halie and Father Dewis return?
2. If you described Dodge's life, what would be the first thing you would notice?
3. What vegetables did Shelly try to help Tilden with?
4. What marked the climax of this play?
5. Who were they going to see in New Mexico?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)