|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Vince's mother?
(a) A member of the church.
(b) Ansel's wife.
(c) It is not mentioned.
2. Why does Sam Shepard write about this type of family?
(a) He enjoys revealing the victory of his family members.
(b) This family shows how to support your family members when they are in pain.
(c) He enjoys sharing gardening tips.
(d) It is dysfunctional like his own family.
3. When does Dodge forgive Halie for her betrayal?
(a) After Ansel died and he saw how much it hurt her.
(b) After she confesses the birth of the baby boy.
(c) When she breaks off her relationship with Father Dewis.
(d) Never. He dies angry and spiteful.
4. How does Dodge react to Halie and Father Dewis coming home together?
(a) He is formal and offers coffee to Father Dewis.
(b) He is upset and threatens to tell the family secret.
(c) He is disappointed, hoping that Halie will come home with Ansel.
(d) He is happy and offers Father Dewis a drink.
5. Which two characters are introduced in Act 2?
(a) Vince and Shelly.
(b) Ansel's brother and Shelly.
(c) Bradley's brother and Vince.
(d) Halie's girlfriend and Vince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shocking and disastrous twist of this story about incest?
2. What does "Chaos Theory" mean?
3. Which statement best describes the events in Act 3?
4. During the six years when Vince was away, which members of the family has he seen?
5. What is Act One all about?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)