|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tilden continue to bring in from the backyard?
(a) Flowers for Halie.
(c) Soil for house plants.
(d) Garden tools.
2. When Tilden talked to Shelly about Vince, what did he say?
(a) He said that he saw Ansel's face in Vince's face.
(b) He said that he saw Father Dewis' face in Vince's face.
(c) He said that he thought he saw a small face inside Vince's face.
(d) He said that he saw Dodge's face in Vince's face.
3. Which of the following statements best describes the story?
(a) All the characters in the story are honest people.
(b) The story depicts betrayal of many kinds.
(c) The story focuses only on one case of betrayal.
(d) The story deals with corruption in the government.
4. Which statement best describes Vince in Act 2?
(a) Vince wanted to see his father and be recognized by his family.
(b) Vince wants to go back to Illinois to be with his parents.
(c) Vince wants to get married and buy a farm house in Illinois.
(d) Vince is angry at Halie and Bradley.
5. Who spent time in jail?
(b) Father Dewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the family fear would be angry about a disorderly house?
2. Who is Shelly?
3. What is the dysfunctional theme of this play?
4. How many daughters do Vince and Shelly have?
5. Who had an incestuous relationship?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)