|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What set off this family toward disaster?
(a) Father Dewis' devotion to Dodge.
(b) Halie's devotion to her children.
(c) Dodge's trust for his wife.
(d) The mismatch between Dodge and Halie.
2. What was Tilden carrying when he came in from the back yard?
(a) The corpse of the baby.
(d) Ansel's body.
3. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The letter from Father Dewis.
(b) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(c) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
(d) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
4. Where did Vince get the money to buy the whiskey?
(a) From Halie.
(b) From the pantry.
(c) From the kitchen table.
(d) From Father Dewis.
5. When Tilden left corn husks on the floor, who did Halie say would be upset if they found them on the floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Halie during the final act?
2. How does Father Dewis deal with the spiritual problems of this family?
3. What reaction did Dodge show after the buried baby is discovered?
4. What type of life did Halie leave behind when she married Dodge?
5. What is in Illinois?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)