|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of this play reflects Sam Shephard's own life?
(a) His mother had an affair with her minister.
(b) his brother had an affair with hiis minister.
(c) His father was an alcoholic.
(d) His father a Christain.
2. What reaction did Dodge show after the buried baby is discovered?
(a) He gave it to childless family so it would be loved.
(b) He buried the baby alive.
(c) He was so angry he killed the baby.
(d) He loved it and found joy in it's presence.
3. Who left the farm with no intentions of coming back?
4. Where was Halie in Act 2?
(a) She wroked in the chruch.
(b) She went shopping for baby clothes.
(c) Made a trip to visit with her sister.
(d) She stayed upstairs most of the time.
5. What is the dark thread that weaves though this play?
(a) Vince and Halie have a incestual relaionship.
(b) Dodge and Shelly have a sexual relationship.
(c) Halie and Bradley have a incestual relationship.
(d) Halie and Tilden had an incestual relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the basic conflict in this family?
2. What seemed to be just below the surface of this family's relationship?
3. Who usually comes drunk after being out all night? And who does she bring with her?
4. What does Sam Shepherd's believe America has lost touch with?
5. Shelly stays at the farm while Vince is gone, even though she is afraid of who?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)