|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How happy was Tilden to see Vince again?
(a) He cried with joy when he saw Vince.
(b) He bought whiskey for the whole family.
(c) He asked for the whole neighborhood to have dinner with them.
(d) Tilden was not at all happy since he did not recognize Vince.
2. Who is Vince's mother?
(a) It is not mentioned.
(b) A member of the church.
(c) Ansel's wife.
3. During the six years when Vince was away, which members of the family has he seen?
(a) Bradley and Halie.
(b) Dodge and Tilden.
(c) Vince and Halie.
4. How long has it been since the garden has been planted?
(a) Bradley was working on it when he cut off his leg.
(b) Tilden planted it last season.
(c) Over twenty years.
(d) About two. That's why Tilden can harvest vegetables.
5. What does Halie say Dodge has become?
(a) An evil, spiteful, vengeful man.
(b) The man with a wooden leg.
(c) The father of Tilden's children.
(d) The head of Bradley's household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam Shepard choose a farm as the setting of this play?
2. What did Dodge want them to do with the farm tools?
3. Who buried Dodge in the back yard?
4. Halie tells Dodge they have to take care of someone. Who is she talking about?
5. How did mother and father behave towards their children?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)