|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Dodge in Act 2?
(a) He was very happy with his grandson's return and hugged him fiercely.
(b) He did not recognize his grandson and was only interested in drinking whiskey.
(c) He was angry at Halie for not preparing lunch for Vince and Shelly.
(d) He got up off the couch to plant some corn in the backyard.
2. What did Dodge remove from the table when he sent Vince to town?
(a) The letter from Father Dewis.
(b) Money to buy a bottle of whiskey.
(c) Carrots that were cleaned and ready to prepare for lunch.
(d) The cooked corn that had been prepared.
3. Which character is on stage from the beginning to the end of the play?
(c) Father Dewis.
4. What was the result of the police's visit to the farm?
(a) They learned that nothing has been planted in the backyard for some time.
(b) They left with Shelly in a hurry.
(c) They found out that Dodge was producing illegal substances on his farm.
(d) They did not find anything.
5. How did Halie betray the family?
(a) The promises of the church.
(b) The family's history.
(c) By failing to keep her responsibilities to her husband.
(d) Covering her head with a blanket..
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an All-American half-back with a bright future ahead?
2. Why does Halie say she doesn't want Tilden to go outside?
3. What does Father Dewis tell them when he comes downstairs?
4. Who becomes the head of the family at the end?
5. Who pretends that their marriage and relationship displays a loving partnership?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)