|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is visiting Angel when Eddie arrives in Chapter 8?
2. Eddie runs away from Angel’s home in Chapter 8 because he believes that Angel has gone to get what?
3. Where do police officers jump out of to arrest Eddie in Chapter 6?
4. Eddie tells Coach about what being stolen in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Coach make a phone call in order to help Eddie in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eddie’s relationship with Mr. Stiles repaired to some degree in Chapter 6?
2. How does Eddie attempt to eradicate the roaches in his apartment in Chapter 7?
3. What two choices does Eddie face in Chapter 6?
4. What plot transition takes place in Chapter 8?
5. What are Eddie’s impressions of the place that he goes to with Coach and José in Chapter 7?
6. What new objective does Eddie have in the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. Why does Eddie go to Angel’s house in Chapter 8? Who is there?
8. What choices does Eddie face in Chapter 7? How does he feel about his fate?
9. What does Eddie imagine he is hearing in the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What happens to cause Eddie to flee Angel’s home in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the setting of Buried Onions. How is a barrio defined? In what year does the story take place? How does Eddie describe the city of Fresno? Where does Eddie work?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Eddie’s impressions of the information he learns from Norma about the murder in Chapter 4. Why does Eddie initially disbelieve the story? What makes him reconsider the possibility? How does this information change Eddie’s actions and objectives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eddie’s brush with the police in Chapter 3. Why are the police called on Eddie while he is in north Fresno? What does he do upon facing this conflict? Is this a good decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)