|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the money that Eddie’s godmother gives him for a donation does he keep for himself in Chapter 5?
2. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 refers to swine?
3. Eddie tells Coach about what being stolen in Chapter 6?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) Mr. Stiles’s truck.
(c) His watch.
(d) His bike.
4. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
5. What literary term refers to the use of “onions” in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What area does Eddie go to where the local gangsters hang out recruiting kids in Chapter 5?
2. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 means gossip?
3. Who does Eddie go looking for in a gangster-ridden area in the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What Spanish adjective from the novel means active, restless, or labored?
5. Who tries to start a fight with Eddie as Coach is on the phone in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressions does Eddie have of the Navy recruiter in Chapter 6?
2. What two choices does Eddie face in Chapter 6?
3. What does Eddie find at his apartment when he returns from the police station in Chapter 7?
4. How is Holmes playground described in Chapter 5?
5. What happens when Eddie goes to work for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 6?
6. What causes Eddie to flee from Holmes playground in Chapter 5?
7. Where do Coach and José invite Eddie to go with them in Chapter 7?
8. How does Eddie attempt to eradicate the roaches in his apartment in Chapter 7?
9. What are Eddie’s impressions of the place that he goes to with Coach and José in Chapter 7?
10. How is Eddie’s relationship with Mr. Stiles repaired to some degree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)