|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do a younger gang leader and his friends show Eddie in order to threaten him as he paints lines on the field in Chapter 5?
2. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 means gossip?
3. In terms of the plot of the novel, Chapter 8 marks what transition?
(d) Rising action.
4. What does the narrator say the kids sniff from paper bags to get high in Chapter 5?
(a) Bath salts.
5. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means to look or view?
2. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means fat or portly?
3. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means to embrace or hug?
4. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means kinswoman, female relative; crony; midwife?
5. What Spanish word translates in English to mean “green”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two choices does Eddie face in Chapter 6?
2. What does Eddie accuse Angel of in Chapter 8? How does Angel respond?
3. What is foreshadowed regarding Eddie’s relationship with Angel in Chapter 5?
4. What happens when Eddie goes to work for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 6?
5. How is Holmes playground described in Chapter 5?
6. What new objective does Eddie have in the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What does Eddie find at his apartment when he returns from the police station in Chapter 7?
8. Who does Eddie go to for advice in Chapter 6? Why?
9. Where does Eddie go after leaving Holmes playground in Chapter 5? Who does he call?
10. Why does Eddie go to Angel’s house in Chapter 8? Who is there?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)