|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 refers to swine?
2. How does Eddie go about eradicating the pests in his apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) Drowning them.
(b) Poisoning them.
(c) Burning them.
(d) Stomping on them.
3. What is the name of Juan’s sister in the barrio who is close to Eddie’s age?
4. What does Angel think Eddie is doing with paint cans in the narrative?
(a) Painting houses.
(b) Painting cars.
(c) Huffing them.
(d) Selling them.
5. The former peer from high school that Eddie encounters in Chapter 6 is described by him as loving what kind of music?
(b) Heavy metal
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish adjective from the novel means henpecked, traitorous, or disloyal?
2. Who is visiting Angel when Eddie arrives in Chapter 8?
3. Why do José and Eddie go to the hospital in Chapter 8?
4. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means a scolding or admonishment?
5. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 means to embrace or hug?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eddie go to Holmes playground in Chapter 5? Who does he encounter there?
2. What does Eddie do in the two days after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
3. What does Eddie find at his apartment when he returns from the police station in Chapter 7?
4. Where do Coach and José invite Eddie to go with them in Chapter 7?
5. How is Eddie’s relationship with Mr. Stiles repaired to some degree in Chapter 6?
6. Who does Eddie go to for advice in Chapter 6? Why?
7. How does Eddie attempt to eradicate the roaches in his apartment in Chapter 7?
8. What two choices does Eddie face in Chapter 6?
9. What happens when Eddie goes to work for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 6?
10. What is significant about Eddie’s stealing money for the SPCA donation in Chapter 5?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)