|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is upset at Eddie’s presence when he arrives at José’s home in Chapter 8?
(d) José’s mother.
2. What Spanish word from the novel refers to race, breed, or strain?
3. Who is visiting Angel when Eddie arrives in Chapter 8?
4. What Spanish slang word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to the backside or buttocks of a person?
5. Who does Eddie go to see in Fresno after visiting with Coach in Chapter 6?
(a) A Navy recruiter.
(b) A priest.
(c) A boxing promoter.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel’s brother in the narrative?
2. Who requests Eddie's assistance with painting the lines on the field in Chapter 5?
3. What younger gang leader tries to cause trouble with Eddie in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Eddie’s godmother ask him to go with her in Chapter 5?
5. What does Eddie pretend to be in order to stay close to José at the hospital in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie do in the two days after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
2. What causes Eddie to flee from Holmes playground in Chapter 5?
3. What does Eddie find at his apartment when he returns from the police station in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to cause Eddie to flee Angel’s home in Chapter 8?
5. What is significant about Eddie’s stealing money for the SPCA donation in Chapter 5?
6. What does Eddie accuse Angel of in Chapter 8? How does Angel respond?
7. How is Eddie’s relationship with Mr. Stiles repaired to some degree in Chapter 6?
8. What does Eddie imagine he is hearing in the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. What happens when Eddie goes to work for Mr. Stiles in Chapter 6?
10. Who does Eddie go to for advice in Chapter 6? Why?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)