|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eddie leaves from his visit with Coach, he goes home to do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Call Norma.
2. What in literature refers to incompatibilities in how two or more individuals relate to one another - Fathers to Sons, Bosses to Employees, Slaves to Masters, etc.?
(a) External conflicts.
(b) Internal conflict.
(c) Integral conflict.
(d) Relational conflicts.
3. What word used in Chapter 6 means to burn or reduce to ashes?
4. What Spanish word from the novel refers to race, breed, or strain?
5. What area does Eddie go to where the local gangsters hang out recruiting kids in Chapter 5?
(a) The city library.
(b) Holmes playground.
(c) In N Out Burger.
(d) Behind the stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
2. What Spanish word from Chapter 6 translates in English to demon?
3. Eddie goes to talk to Coach for advice in Chapter 6, saying that some people in his situation would turn to whom for guidance?
4. What Spanish slang word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to the backside or buttocks of a person?
5. When Eddie arrives as his godmother’s house in Chapter 5, he calls whom to ask for money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Eddie’s stealing money for the SPCA donation in Chapter 5?
2. What are Eddie’s impressions of the place that he goes to with Coach and José in Chapter 7?
3. What two choices does Eddie face in Chapter 6?
4. What does Eddie accuse Angel of in Chapter 8? How does Angel respond?
5. What plot transition takes place in Chapter 8?
6. What does Eddie imagine he is hearing in the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What does Eddie do in the two days after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Eddie go to Angel’s house in Chapter 8? Who is there?
9. What impressions does Eddie have of the Navy recruiter in Chapter 6?
10. How is Holmes playground described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)