|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Eddie spend at home alone feeling sorry for himself after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eddie actually do with the paint cans he carries in the narrative?
(a) Paints graffiti on bridges.
(b) Paints houses.
(c) Paints addresses on curbs.
(d) Paints bicycles.
3. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means foolish or silly?
4. What Spanish word translates in English to mean “green”?
5. Who, along with Coach, invites Eddie to go on a trip in Chapter 7?
6. What does Angel think Eddie is doing with paint cans in the narrative?
(a) Painting cars.
(b) Selling them.
(c) Painting houses.
(d) Huffing them.
7. After Eddie leaves from his visit with Coach, he goes home to do what in Chapter 6?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Call Norma.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Eat dinner.
8. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to a mouse?
9. What Spanish word from the novel refers to millet, or a type of grass that is cultivated for its grain and mostly used as fodder?
10. What literary term refers to the use of “onions” in the novel?
11. Who requests Eddie's assistance with painting the lines on the field in Chapter 5?
(b) Mr. Stiles.
12. Who is visiting Angel when Eddie arrives in Chapter 8?
13. What Spanish word from Chapter 6 translates in English to demon?
14. When Eddie arrives as his godmother’s house in Chapter 5, he calls whom to ask for money?
(a) His mother.
15. Who whacks Eddie from behind while he is at Angel’s home in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means kinswoman, female relative; crony; midwife?
2. In literature, what refers to the struggle occurring within a character's mind?
3. Who does Eddie go to see in Fresno after visiting with Coach in Chapter 6?
4. Eddie goes along with Coach and a friend to travel and do what in Chapter 7?
5. Who is upset at Eddie’s presence when he arrives at José’s home in Chapter 8?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)