|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eddie arrives as his godmother’s house in Chapter 5, he calls whom to ask for money?
(a) His mother.
2. What Spanish adjective from the novel means active, restless, or labored?
3. Who is at the hospital when Eddie arrives to visit José in Chapter 5?
(d) Eddie's mother.
4. How many days does Eddie spend at home alone feeling sorry for himself after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
5. What in literature arise from obstacles located outside the protagonist including nature, the supernatural, or society?
(a) Relational conflicts.
(b) Internal conflicts.
(c) Integral conflicts.
(d) External conflicts.
6. Eddie runs away from Angel’s home in Chapter 8 because he believes that Angel has gone to get what?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rope.
(c) A cop.
(d) A knife.
7. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 means gossip?
8. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
9. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means foolish or silly?
10. What in literature refers to incompatibilities in how two or more individuals relate to one another - Fathers to Sons, Bosses to Employees, Slaves to Masters, etc.?
(a) Internal conflict.
(b) Relational conflicts.
(c) External conflicts.
(d) Integral conflict.
11. Who tries to start a fight with Eddie as Coach is on the phone in Chapter 6?
12. How much money does Mr. Stiles leave along with a note for Eddie in Chapter 7?
13. What Spanish word from Chapter 6 translates to man or fellow?
14. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means to look or view?
15. What is the name of Samuel’s brother in the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do a younger gang leader and his friends show Eddie in order to threaten him as he paints lines on the field in Chapter 5?
2. When Eddie goes to Angel’s house in Chapter 8, he enters how?
3. What does the narrator say the kids sniff from paper bags to get high in Chapter 5?
4. How much money does Eddie ask for in bus fare over the phone in Chapter 5?
5. What Spanish slang word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to the backside or buttocks of a person?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)