|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish slang term from Chapter 7 refers to Texans or Texas residents?
2. What does Angel think Eddie is doing with paint cans in the narrative?
(a) Painting houses.
(b) Painting cars.
(c) Huffing them.
(d) Selling them.
3. What does Eddie pretend to be in order to stay close to José at the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) A doctor.
(b) José’s translator.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A mortician.
4. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to a mouse?
5. What Spanish word used in Chapter 7 means gossip?
6. Who is at the hospital when Eddie arrives to visit José in Chapter 5?
(d) Eddie's mother.
7. Where does Eddie’s godmother ask him to go with her in Chapter 5?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The SPCA.
(d) The hospital.
8. In literature, what refers to the struggle occurring within a character's mind?
(a) External conflict.
(b) Integral conflict.
(c) Relational conflict.
(d) Internal conflict.
9. For how long does Eddie wait and hide outside the hospital to avoid a confrontation in Chapter 5?
(a) Over an hour
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
10. What does Eddie decide to eradicate from his apartment in Chapter 7?
11. Eddie tells Coach about what being stolen in Chapter 6?
(a) His watch.
(b) Mr. Stiles’s truck.
(c) His bike.
(d) His girlfriend.
12. What does Eddie’s godmother feed him for lunch in Chapter 5?
(b) Sandwiches and milk.
(c) Chips and salsa.
13. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
14. What Spanish slang word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to the backside or buttocks of a person?
15. What does Eddie remark about Angel’s appearance when he sees him in the hospital in Chapter 8?
(a) He is using crutches.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He has a cast on.
(d) He has stitches above his eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do police officers jump out of to arrest Eddie in Chapter 6?
2. The former peer from high school that Eddie encounters in Chapter 6 is described by him as loving what kind of music?
3. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means foolish or silly?
4. How many days does Eddie spend at home alone feeling sorry for himself after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Eddie go to see in Fresno after visiting with Coach in Chapter 6?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)