|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mr. Stiles leave along with a note for Eddie in Chapter 7?
2. What does Eddie decide to eradicate from his apartment in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of Eddie’s godmother’s dog in the narrative?
4. When Coach takes Eddie to a “secret” spot in Chapter 7, he realizes it is the same place that he and other high school kids went to do to what?
(b) Make out.
(c) Go hiking.
(d) Use drugs.
5. What word used in Chapter 6 means to burn or reduce to ashes?
6. What literary term refers to the use of “onions” in the novel?
7. Who is upset at Eddie’s presence when he arrives at José’s home in Chapter 8?
(b) José’s mother.
8. Who is at the hospital when Eddie arrives to visit José in Chapter 5?
(a) Eddie's mother.
9. For how long does Eddie wait and hide outside the hospital to avoid a confrontation in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) Over an hour
(d) 2 hours.
10. What Spanish word from the vocabulary in Chapter 6 refers to Indian figurines?
11. In Chapter 7, Eddie says, “"Coach had known most of us when we were knee-high gangsters with” what “hanging from our mouths”?
(a) Candy cigarettes.
(c) 40oz bottles.
12. What has been returned to Eddie’s home when he arrives after his ordeal with the police in Chapter 7?
(a) His bike.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His books.
(d) His clothes.
13. What area does Eddie go to where the local gangsters hang out recruiting kids in Chapter 5?
(a) Holmes playground.
(b) Behind the stadium.
(c) In N Out Burger.
(d) The city library.
14. What Spanish word from Chapter 7 means kinswoman, female relative; crony; midwife?
15. Eddie is convinced that who will attempt to kill him in Chapter 5?
(b) Mr. Stiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie’s godmother feed him for lunch in Chapter 5?
2. Eddie goes to talk to Coach for advice in Chapter 6, saying that some people in his situation would turn to whom for guidance?
3. Who is visiting Angel when Eddie arrives in Chapter 8?
4. What Spanish slang term from Chapter 7 refers to Texans or Texas residents?
5. What do a younger gang leader and his friends show Eddie in order to threaten him as he paints lines on the field in Chapter 5?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)