|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the playground in the barrio where kids play, and where gangsters recruit new members?
(a) Holmes Playground.
(b) Mason Playground.
(c) Smith Park
(d) Rodgers Park.
2. When he is given a special task by Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2, Eddie is overjoyed that Mr. Stiles trusts him to borrow what?
(a) His truck.
(b) His gun.
(c) His tools.
(d) His dog.
3. Where does Mr. Stiles live in the novel?
(a) West Fresno.
(b) North Fresno.
(c) East Fresno.
(d) South Fresno.
4. What does Eddie spot across the street from the breakfast café in Chapter 4?
(a) Mr. Stiles’s truck. A police car.
(b) A police car.
(d) His mother.
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that will come later in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eddie bike daily to do odd jobs in Chapter 1?
2. What is José’s last name in the narrative?
3. What institution did Eddie recently drop out of in the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Eddie leave at Mr. Stiles’s house along with a note in Chapter 3?
5. The girl who calls Eddie in Chapter 3 invites him to come to her house to do what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)