|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Angel visits Eddie and shows him what in Chapter 3?
(a) Lots of money.
(b) A map.
(c) A gun.
2. In narrative, what is any recurring element that has symbolic significance in a story?
3. What does Eddie’s aunt want him to do for her in Chapter 2?
(a) Get out of the barrio.
(b) Pay her for the tortillas.
(c) Avenge her son’s death.
(d) Go shopping with her.
4. What is Eddie’s principle mode of transportation in the novel?
(a) His bike.
(b) The bus.
(d) A car.
5. When he is given a special task by Mr. Stiles in Chapter 2, Eddie is overjoyed that Mr. Stiles trusts him to borrow what?
(a) His gun.
(b) His dog.
(c) His truck.
(d) His tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Spanish word is used in the novel meaning district or neighborhood?
2. Eddie’s aunt tells him that who will help him achieve the action she wants him to do in Chapter 2?
3. What do Eddie’s mother and aunt give him to eat when they visit in Chapter 3?
4. How old is Eddie’s mother in Chapter 3?
5. What is the playground in the barrio where kids play, and where gangsters recruit new members?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)