|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Eddie that Angel killed Jesús in Chapter 4?
2. What refers to writing or speech primarily intended to convey information or to explain?
3. Eddie receives a call from a girl who works where in Chapter 3?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) A used bookstore.
(c) A bank.
(d) The City College cafeteria.
4. In narrative, what is any recurring element that has symbolic significance in a story?
5. What does Eddie spot across the street from the breakfast café in Chapter 4?
(a) His mother.
(b) A police car.
(d) Mr. Stiles’s truck. A police car.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the novel Buried Onions published?
2. Where does Mr. Stiles ask Eddie to drop off some items in Chapter 2?
3. In what area of the city is Eddie’s apartment, as described in Chapter 1?
4. Angel visits Eddie and shows him what in Chapter 3?
5. Eddie learns that Angel was angry over Jesús’s having sold what and not sharing the profits in Chapter 4?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)