• Eddie is the protagonist of Buried Onions, a coming of age story about a young man raised in the barrio culture of Fresno.
• Eddie lives in a world of gangsters and punks, and he tries desperately to rise above his surroundings.
• Eddie begins his story by describing the neighborhood where he lives in southeast Fresno.
• The neighborhood is run-down, and is a poverty-stricken area, where most, if not all, of the residents are Mexican.
• Eddie lists the many people in his life who are dead: Eddie’s father, two uncles, a cousin, and his best friend are all dead.
• A guy named Angel wants Eddie to help find out who killed Jesús, Eddie's cousin and a close friend of Angel.
• Angel is a local gangster who is about the same age as Eddie, who is 19 years old.
• Jesús's mother, Eddie's Aunt Dolores, also wants Eddie...
This section contains 1,746 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)