|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa's "mason" take her to see after their first date?
2. How many times do Rosa and Bernard meet before he discovers who she is in relation to Lionel?
3. What does Georges say that Rosa could make a living at in France?
4. What happens to Rosa's Swedish lover because of his involvement with her?
5. What suggestion does Bernard make about the publication of a book about Lionel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and when does Rosa meet Bernard? What does their relationship quickly become?
2. What does Rosa want to do when she sees the donkey being beaten, and why doesn't she do it?
3. What horrific event takes place on June 16th 1976 in South Africa?
4. What are some of the experiences that Rosa and Katya share as Rosa's stay extends in Pages 214-261?
5. Who is Bernard Chabalier?
6. What is the party for that Georges plans and what does Gaby do for Rosa for the party? How does Pierre react?
7. What does Katya share with Rosa about her past in the beginning of Pages 262-290?
8. What is the reason for Flora's party? What specifically do the women discuss?
9. Who does Rosa meet at the bar and what happens between them?
10. What are Rosa's thoughts concerning her future with Bernard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone plays a role in the cause, some are completely embedded in it; others have a hand in it only. Show how the involvement in the cause of four characters is either deep or on the surface but how all involvement is crucial for change.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Book One, what does Rosa believe about Conrad and what is the significance of this thought at this point in the novel? How does this thought change Rosa?
Essay Topic 3
How has fighting for a cause been too costly for Doctor Lionel Burger and his family?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)