|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brandt Vermeulen's closest friendship lie?
2. According to Rosa, what is everything done in the name of?
3. What does Rosa think her future should include with Bernard?
4. How does Didier attempt to aid Rosa with her cut toe?
5. What does Pierre ask Rosa right before the party for Manolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to dine on asparagus with Rosa and Katya and what advice do they give Rosa?
2. What is the reason for Flora's party? What specifically do the women discuss?
3. How is finding Bassie the complete opposite of what Rosa would have imagined?
4. Who is Bernard Chabalier?
5. What happens with the woman in the street that Rosa finds and how does it affect her?
6. Where and when does Rosa meet Bernard? What does their relationship quickly become?
7. What does Bernard say that the trip to Corsica is all about and what does it actually turn out to be?
8. What is the political topic of conversation at Donna's party?
9. What horrific event takes place on June 16th 1976 in South Africa?
10. Who does Rosa meet at the bar and what happens between them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Apartheid? Where did it stem from? What was the reasoning behind it? How long did it exist in South Africa? What were the effects of it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Rosa react concerning her passport before she leaves the country? What is she afraid of? Why is she afraid? What occurrences happen that she reacts to?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Brandt's way of life and his outlook on the cause to that of Lionel's. How are they both on the same side? How are their approaches vastly different?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)