|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what pretense is Marisa arrested?
(a) Her involvement in Greer's treason.
(b) Her involvement in fake passbooks.
(c) Her involvement in the Soweto Riots.
(d) Her involvement in the Revolt of 1977.
2. Where do Rosa and her "mason" go on their first date?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(d) Cherry picking.
3. What do Georges, Manolis, Didier, Rosa and Bernard all do together at Donna's party?
(b) Make a toast.
4. What horrific damage does Rosa see in one eight year old girl?
(a) She has lost an arm.
(b) She has lost her eye.
(c) She has been shot in the head.
(d) She had lost her legs.
5. Where does Brandt Vermeulen's closest friendship lie?
(a) Ministry of Defense.
(b) Communist Party.
(c) Nationlists Party.
(d) Ministery of Interior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didier advise Rosa about her home in Africa and the cause?
2. What does Rosa think her future should include with Bernard?
3. Where does Madame Bagnelli suggest that Rosa stay in the house?
4. Who is Donna obliged to entertain one evening?
5. Why had Brandt been taken to the Burger house when he was fifteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Fats go to visit and what does he express as his need?
2. Who comes to dine on asparagus with Rosa and Katya and what advice do they give Rosa?
3. Why is Rosa detained and what becomes of her?
4. Though Didier seems to be no more than a young gold digger, he does have some strong advice for Rosa. What does he tell her on the beach after their swim, and why does he believe what he says?
5. How do Katya and Rosa handle the idea of Lionel in their relationship?
6. Why does Rosa go to London? What are Bernard's plans concerning London, and what delays him?
7. Who does Rosa meet at the bar and what happens between them?
8. What is the party for that Georges plans and what does Gaby do for Rosa for the party? How does Pierre react?
9. What is the first day like of Rosa's visit to Madame Bagnelli's home? How do the two get along? How long does it appear Rosa will stay?
10. Where does Rosa's passbook allow her to go, and not go? Why is she allowed in certain places and not others?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)