|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do Rosa and Bernard meet before he discovers who she is in relation to Lionel?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
2. What does Rosa tell Brandt that she needs his help to do?
(a) See America.
(b) Remove herself from the political realm.
(c) Find a better job.
(d) See Europe.
3. Who does Rosa tell that she is leaving the country?
(c) No one except maybe Marisa.
(d) Her boss.
4. What city does Rosa visit where her father's ex-wife lives?
(a) Nice, France.
(b) London, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Moscow, Russia.
5. What does Madame Bagnelli recall about Rosa's mother as they chat on their first day?
(a) Cathy was too silly to be a revolutionary.
(b) Cathy was too serious to be a revolutionary.
(c) Cathy was Madame's idea of a revolutionary.
(d) Cathy was too young to be a revolutionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Greer's trial held at first?
2. In whose olive grove do Rosa and Katya dine one afternoon?
3. How many homes does Rosa visit in a number of months in the town in which her father died?
4. Why is Georges planning a party for Manolis?
5. According to Rosa, how does suffering end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Though Didier seems to be no more than a young gold digger, he does have some strong advice for Rosa. What does he tell her on the beach after their swim, and why does he believe what he says?
2. What is Greer's trial all about, and what is its outcome for Greer?
3. Describe Brandt's home. Why is the modesty of the area in which he lives significant?
4. What specifically transpires in the first meeting between Brandt and Rosa?
5. Who is Bernard Chabalier?
6. What horrific event takes place on June 16th 1976 in South Africa?
7. What is the consequence of Bassie's phone call for Rosa?
8. In Pages 262-290, how does Rosa become part of France?
9. Who comes to dine on asparagus with Rosa and Katya and what advice do they give Rosa?
10. Why does Rosa go to London? What are Bernard's plans concerning London, and what delays him?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)