|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conrad tell Rosa about her future?
(a) That she will help bring change.
(b) That she will die for her cause.
(c) That she will live differently than her parents did.
(d) That she too will go to jail.
2. Who is Rosa named after?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her great-grandmother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What is Cathy's fight for the blacks?
(a) To get them to have the right to bear arms.
(b) To get them in the trade union.
(c) To get them the right to vote.
(d) To get them better employment.
4. Whose car does Conrad drive?
(a) His own.
(c) Lionel Burger's.
(d) Cathy Burger's.
5. With what were the two hotel rooms where Rosa stayed filled?
(b) Bed linens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the baby boy give to Rosa from the grandmother at Fats' home?
2. How long do Tony and Rosa stay with their Aunt Velma?
3. To what does Rosa compare the garbage that Clare disposes of from the empty apartment?
4. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Fats' home?
5. What does the watchman come to see Conrad about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rosa and Tony go stay with the Nels and for how long?
2. What does Greer offer to give Rosa, and how does she feel about it?
3. Who is the old-maid school teacher and what does she do to the Burgers?
4. What does Rosa recollect after the death of the man in the public square concerning her parents, Tony and Conrad?
5. What cloak and dagger stuff has Rosa been involved in in the past, and what were the results?
6. What happened in the morning in the city that Marisa wants to know more about ,and what does Greer tell her about it?
7. What does Clare want Rosa to do and how does Rosa react to the request?
8. What offering does the baby boy make to Rosa? Where does the item come from, and what is its significance?
9. What information does Rosa give the journalist concerning her parents?
10. In the first section of the novel pages 9-39, many points of view are used. Whose points of view is the story told from?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)