|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the baby boy give to Rosa from the grandmother at Fats' home?
(a) A hair pin.
(b) A hat.
(c) A book.
(d) A scarf.
2. What happens to the cottage that Rosa once lived in with Conrad?
(a) It is destroyed by a gang.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is reconstructed.
(d) It is bulldozed.
3. What does the schoolmaster say about what blacks want in the discussion at Fats' home?
(a) They want political leaders in jail.
(b) They want to be alive--not killed.
(c) They want to fight at any cost.
(d) They want the white man to disappear.
4. How many black miners participated in the strike of 1946 in South Africa?
5. What response does Tandi make to Rosa when Rosa asks her if the baby is hers?
(a) "No, he is Margaret's, but he loves me."
(b) "No, but I take care of him often."
(c) "Of Course, he is mine."
(d) "They're all ours."
6. What is Rosa doing in the public square?
(a) Kissing a young man.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Eating her lunch.
(d) Playing with two boys.
7. What does Rosa know happened at the Providence House that Marisa was unaware of until later?
(a) Shops are shut down.
(b) A killing.
(c) The raid.
(d) High school children were sent from their classrooms.
8. What does Conrad tell Rosa about her future?
(a) That she too will go to jail.
(b) That she will help bring change.
(c) That she will die for her cause.
(d) That she will live differently than her parents did.
9. What is Colette Swan studying when Lionel marries her?
10. Where does Rosa meet Conrad the first time?
(a) At a Greek cafe.
(b) At her home.
(c) At school.
(d) At the prison.
11. With what were the two hotel rooms where Rosa stayed filled?
(a) Bed linens.
12. How does Tosa view Ivy and Dick after she visits them in their home?
(a) As aging and poor.
(b) As successful proponents of justice.
(c) As misguided by her father.
(d) As losers.
13. What does the watchman come to see Conrad about?
(b) A bet.
(c) A meeting for black people.
(d) A ship.
14. What is Cathy's fight for the blacks?
(a) To get them the right to vote.
(b) To get them in the trade union.
(c) To get them better employment.
(d) To get them to have the right to bear arms.
15. What is the name of Lily's baby boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lionel Burger die?
2. What is Rosa's profession when she grows up?
3. How does Rosa's brother die?
4. What is the last trial in which Cathy and Lionel stand accused together?
5. What memory does Rosa recall one night as she and Conrad walk past her old house?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)