|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 71- 108.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Rosa about one of his boys?
(a) He is smart and will go to school to be a doctor.
(b) He will come to work at the hotel.
(c) He will come to marry Rosa.
(d) He will go work in her garden at home.
2. What are the colors of Rosa Burger's uniform?
(a) Blue and gold.
(b) Tan and green.
(c) Brown and yellow.
(d) White and navy.
3. What does Rosa consider a sickness?
(a) Separation of blacks and whites.
(b) Not being able to ignore other people's suffering.
(c) Privileged children.
4. How long does Lionel Burger speak when he gets his chance in court?
(a) One hour and forty seven minutes.
(b) One hour and ten minutes.
(c) Two hours fifteen minutes.
(d) Thirty eight minutes.
5. How does Lionel Burger die?
(a) Starvation in prison.
(b) Of a throat infection in prison.
(c) Heart attack in prison.
(d) He is beaten in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two items does Rosa bring with her to the fortress in the opening pages of the novel?
2. Who is Bassie?
3. What is Rosa doing in the public square?
4. What memory does Rosa recall one night as she and Conrad walk past her old house?
5. Where does Rosa meet Conrad the first time?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)