|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 262- 290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many black miners participated in the strike of 1946 in South Africa?
2. What does the schoolmaster say about what blacks want in the discussion at Fats' home?
(a) They want political leaders in jail.
(b) They want to fight at any cost.
(c) They want the white man to disappear.
(d) They want to be alive--not killed.
3. What does Rosa believe is the reason that Katya cheated on Lionel with Dick?
(a) Because Katya was trying to forget the cause.
(b) Because Katya was not of Lionel's caliber.
(c) Because Katya wanted the attention she was not getting.
(d) Because Lionel was not in love with Katya.
4. Where do the black men sit in the public square?
(a) On the fountain.
(b) On the grass.
(d) On benches marked for them.
5. What response does Tandi make to Rosa when Rosa asks her if the baby is hers?
(a) "Of Course, he is mine."
(b) "No, but I take care of him often."
(c) "They're all ours."
(d) "No, he is Margaret's, but he loves me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Greer's concern for Marisa after she arrives at Fats'?
2. What do Rosa and Bernard enjoy discussing together at the museum?
3. What is Greer's outlook on the future of the blacks of South Africa, as he states at Fats' house?
4. What does the baby boy give to Rosa from the grandmother at Fats' home?
5. What happens to the cottage that Rosa once lived in with Conrad?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)