|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 262- 290.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greer tell Rosa about the book that he has read from a former political prisoner now in exile?
(a) He can smuggle in a copy for her.
(b) There is much in the book about Rosa and Lionel.
(c) Flora had given it to him to give to Rosa.
(d) She should read it as she is "one of the cause".
2. Where does Rosa meet Bernard?
(a) In Paris.
(b) At the Bastille Day celebration.
(c) In the garden of a cafe.
(d) At Gaby's house.
3. What is mealie?
4. What is Colette Swan studying when Lionel marries her?
5. How do the Sunday dinners at the Burgers' house come about?
(a) From the white sociability of the invitation.
(b) From the insistence of Marie Burger.
(c) From the black sociability of joining the family evening meal.
(d) From Lionel and Cathy's involvment with Marisa's group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Greer's concern for Marisa after she arrives at Fats'?
2. How many black miners participated in the strike of 1946 in South Africa?
3. What do Rosa and Bernard enjoy discussing together at the museum?
4. Why can't Rosa and Bernard live together?
5. What is Greer's outlook on the future of the blacks of South Africa, as he states at Fats' house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)